Where's CinciNC?

I don't understand the obsession you all have with telling us he sux? I think Palmer is a great QB and probably better overall than Big Ben but to never give him any credit whatsoever is pure "you hurt my qb in the playoffs on purpose I wish he would have died in the accident to make Steeler fans upset" thinking. He is good, not great, good. Better than what we have had since Bradshaw and I'll take him and his 1st 3 years anytime.

Touchdown San Antonioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='441782' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:37 PM']I don't understand the obsession you all have with telling us he sux? I think Palmer is a great QB and probably better overall than Big Ben[/quote]
In my opinion, Palmer is the 3rd best qb in the league and is better overall than big ben

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='441782' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:37 PM']but to never give him any credit whatsoever is pure "you hurt my qb in the playoffs on purpose I wish he would have died in the accident to make Steeler fans upset" thinking. He is good, not great, good. Better than what we have had since Bradshaw[/quote]
Bingo. I don't know what their thinking is, but every thing else i fully agree on. There are some good fans on this board that are fair in judgement that say he is just above average, i'll go with that. But it drives me nuts when some people say he sucks, he doesn't suck, he is good enough to win ball games. Whether or not it is done with a strong running game, i think he has the potential to win games with his arm, maybe not consistently, to be honest i personally don't care, i'll take a win running or throwing, in the end big ben makes plays when he has to. When he's in there we win more games than we lose, bottom line. Ben gives us a better chance to win than any qb since Bradshaw, like you have pointed out. Without him we don't go 15-1 in 04 and we don't get to the super bowl last year, and that's fact.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='441782' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:37 PM']and I'll take him and his 1st 3 years anytime.[/quote]

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='441782' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:37 PM']I don't understand the obsession you all have with telling us he sux? I think Palmer is a great QB and probably better overall than Big Ben but to never give him any credit whatsoever is pure "you hurt my qb in the playoffs on purpose I wish he would have died in the accident to make Steeler fans upset" thinking. He is good, not great, good. Better than what we have had since Bradshaw and I'll take him and his 1st 3 years anytime.

Touchdown San Antonioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Again I didnt say he sucks, I said he is average. That has nothing to do with my feelings about "the hit", I felt that way before we even played that game.

Ben is pretty good. The stealers during their Superbowl run only needed him to be above average in order to win due to being such a strong team everywhere else (a coach that wanted to win, very good defense, good running game, etcetera).
Personally, I don't HATE Ben, I think he's a bit of a wigger wannabe, but he's in his early twenties, makes mad money, likes to party and has girls jocking him everywhere he goes (except Cincinnati), fuck it, it is what it is.
he's a good QB, fits the stealers style of play, whatever.
Even Ben himself has stated publicly that Carson is a better QB than he is, and that's all I need to hear.
I would also take Carson's unflappable persona over anyone else's any day. When is the last time you saw him pimping himself in a TV ad....the answer is.....NEVER!
I like that in Carson, people like to act like his supposed lack of emotion during games means he isn't a leader or doesn't want to win. That is total bullshit.
Carson>Ben, as an organization over the last several years, stealers>Bengals.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='441876' date='Feb 16 2007, 12:20 AM']Ben is pretty good. The stealers during their Superbowl run only needed him to be above average in order to win due to being such a strong team everywhere else (a coach that wanted to win, very good defense, good running game, etcetera).
Personally, I don't HATE Ben, I think he's a bit of a wigger wannabe, but he's in his early twenties, makes mad money, likes to party and has girls jocking him everywhere he goes (except Cincinnati), fuck it, it is what it is.
he's a good QB, fits the stealers style of play, whatever.
Even Ben himself has stated publicly that Carson is a better QB than he is, and that's all I need to hear.
I would also take Carson's unflappable persona over anyone else's any day. When is the last time you saw him pimping himself in a TV ad....the answer is.....NEVER!
I like that in Carson, people like to act like his supposed lack of emotion during games means he isn't a leader or doesn't want to win. That is total bullshit.
Carson>Ben, as an organization over the last several years, stealers>Bengals.[/quote]
Great post bro. I have always said that Carson was a better qb than Ben, like i said I would put him in the same class as Manning and Brady. Only a matter of time before you guys win a lombardi with a quarterback like that. I'll take a guy like Palmer who doesn't hog commercial time over an attention-whore like Manning any day. Ben's Chunky ads I don't mind i guess, but that fathead commercial i'll admit is kinda gay ^_^

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='442065' date='Feb 16 2007, 02:02 PM']I half agree Bung, untill Marvin got here the stealers were indeed the more quality org. And I'd even argue that they were better in Marvin's 1st two building years. But in our Division winning year and hince forth were pretty much on parr.[/quote]

word up Jamie

[quote name='frankie martin' post='442078' date='Feb 16 2007, 02:39 PM']word up Jamie[/quote]

Where each team goes from here is the question however, we have some work to do on D and are doing it. Even if we took a step back in losing Odell and David this year (hopefully we can get both back). You have oline issues this year and a number of guys up on contracts on D the next with little room under the cap where as we have a good amount of room under the cap. You have new coaches that makes things a question mark for you this year.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='442082' date='Feb 16 2007, 02:50 PM']Where each team goes from here is the question however, we have some work to do on D and are doing it. Even if we took a step back in losing Odell and David this year (hopefully we can get both back). You have oline issues this year and a number of guys up on contracts on D the next with little room under the cap where as we have a good amount of room under the cap. You have new coaches that makes things a question mark for you this year.[/quote]

Well Jamie, it's like you said, you guys have the cap space to make some moves and shore up that defense. Once that happens, you'll be scary no question. As for us, our D doesn't worry me, Lebeau is still there and mostly everyone will be back, they'll be adequate. The O on the other hand needs work, in particular the O-line as you pointed out. Faneca is the only one that doesn't need a kick in the ass, I think we need to address this first day on draft day.
But in all honesty as of right now i see you guys and the ratbirds dueling it out for the division, with us not too far behind, like a darkhorse. And Cleveland, well..... i guess just look at BJ's thread below B)

[quote name='frankie martin' post='442239' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:41 AM']Well Jamie, it's like you said, you guys have the cap space to make some moves and shore up that defense. Once that happens, you'll be scary no question. As for us, our D doesn't worry me, Lebeau is still there and mostly everyone will be back, they'll be adequate. The O on the other hand needs work, in particular the O-line as you pointed out. Faneca is the only one that doesn't need a kick in the ass, I think we need to address this first day on draft day.
But in all honesty as of right now i see you guys and the ratbirds dueling it out for the division, with us not too far behind, like a darkhorse. And Cleveland, well..... i guess just look at BJ's thread below B)[/quote]

Thats pretty much how I see it as well. The rats have the least amount of turnover and they already won the division, however the turnover they do have is significant in Thomas. They are also getting older. McNair, Ogdon, Lewis (both of them) and Mason are no spring chickens. We lose Steinbech, James, and possibly some role players. Steinebach being the only one of signifcanse but we have a replacement in Whitworth who spelled Levi Jones pretty good last year as a rookie and will be moved into the G spot. And have question marks on Odell and Pollack's returns. However there really isnt much in FA that I think will be there in the way of impact FAs. Maybe at corner well see..

The Browns are putting together a young decent team, but they are a few years from realizing it and I think Crenell needs to win now to keep his job.

Yeah, we've got some pretty old players. Jamal isn't that old, but he sure plays like it. But he's probably gone. Can't say I'll miss him that much. I never was that big of a fan of his. Of course I liked that he ran for 2000 yards in 2003, but he still wasn't exactly my favorite player. I liked him as a player in his prime, but his personality didn't seem that great. Trevor Pryce is getting old, but we've got some good defensive linemen in reserve. I like the future of this franchise. Especially since Bischotti and Ozzie aren't looking at a Super Bowl or bust campaign next year like they did in 2001, and had a rebuilding year the next year as a result.

One guy I wouldn't like Cleveland to pick up is Nate Clements. He's a really good player and he's tough, too.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='443429' date='Feb 20 2007, 08:13 PM']Yeah, we've got some pretty old players. Jamal isn't that old, but he sure plays like it. But he's probably gone. Can't say I'll miss him that much. I never was that big of a fan of his. Of course I liked that he ran for 2000 yards in 2003, but he still wasn't exactly my favorite player. I liked him as a player in his prime, but his personality didn't seem that great. Trevor Pryce is getting old, but we've got some good defensive linemen in reserve. I like the future of this franchise. Especially since Bischotti and Ozzie aren't looking at a Super Bowl or bust campaign next year like they did in 2001, and had a rebuilding year the next year as a result.

One guy I wouldn't like Cleveland to pick up is Nate Clements. He's a really good player and he's tough, too.[/quote]

One person that i think you guys have to sign is adalius thomas. I don't know what your depth situation is there but i know he kicked ass in our games, i wouldn't mind seeing him leave baltimore. I just saw on NFLN adam schefter reported that you will let him go to free agency, i don't know how reliable that guy is or anything, but if correct it would certainly be a chink in your D losing him..

[quote name='frankie martin' post='443485' date='Feb 20 2007, 10:44 PM']One person that i think you guys have to sign is adalius thomas. I don't know what your depth situation is there but i know he kicked ass in our games, i wouldn't mind seeing him leave baltimore. I just saw on NFLN adam schefter reported that you will let him go to free agency, i don't know how reliable that guy is or anything, but if correct it would certainly be a chink in your D losing him..[/quote]
Yeah, he would definitely be a big loss. I think we could fill his shoes somehow. I cringed when I heard Dwight Freeney got franchised because that's one less free agent available. I hope we resign him. I think we can show him the money. But Bus Cook's, AD's agent, statements worried me. He said that they hadn't started negotiations. I'm pretty confident he'll give us the last chance at an offer because he said he wants to stay here, but as the days leading up to free agency go by I'm becoming less and less confident we'll give him the money he wants.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='441894' date='Feb 16 2007, 06:01 AM']Great post bro. I have always said that Carson was a better qb than Ben, like i said I would put him in the same class as Manning and Brady. Only a matter of time before you guys win a lombardi with a quarterback like that. I'll take a guy like Palmer who doesn't hog commercial time over an attention-whore like Manning any day. Ben's Chunky ads I don't mind i guess, [b]but that fathead commercial i'll admit is kinda gay [/b]^_^[/quote]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Yeah, I'd be pretty embarassed if I was a stealers fan about that Ben fathead commercial. It is hysterically gay.
God, no football sucks in February. NBA....yawn.....golf....yawn...[b]N[/b]on [b]A[/b]thletic [b]S[/b]port [b]C[/b]entered [b]A[/b]round [b]R[/b]ednecks....bigger yawn...

<<sigh>>

Archived