WARNING! OFF-Color Bengals joke ahead!!!

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='435207' date='Jan 31 2007, 02:13 PM']first off you're wrong.

secondly, if chappelle said it then i would be laughing harder at this. It is funny, but it is insensitive. BUT if a black man said it, it would be funnier because it wouldnt be considered racist at all.[/quote]
This kind of thinking is flawed and actually a racist way of thinking. If a black man can say it, then a white person should be able to say it.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435388' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:39 PM']This kind of thinking is flawed and actually a racist way of thinking. If a black man can say it, then a white person should be able to say it.[/quote]

Why dont you take a trip downtown (and not to the inner harbor) and put that theory to a test.

Soemthing tells me it juuust doesnt work that way.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435394' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:45 PM']I agree with Hooky. You guys would be laughing your asses off if Chappelle said that.[/quote]

Pick up a histroy book read it, then pick up a dictionary and look up context.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435399' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:48 PM']It's all the same.

I bet if it was Boy Every Nigga Got Arrested Last Season it wouldn't have mattered to you, anyway.[/quote]

Depends on the context (again) and who said it, and how it was said.

If Cheppelle said it maybee, but if a grand wizzard said it hell no it wouldnt be funny.

Come on you have to be smarter than this.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435400' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:50 PM']Depends on the context (again) and who said it, and how it was said.

If Cheppelle said it maybee, but if a grand wizzard said it hell no it wouldnt be funny.
Come on you have to be smarter than this.[/quote]
Why does the person who said it matter? I agree that how it was said matters. You can tell by how they say it if they mean it in a racist way or not. Given that they're not racist, it shouldn't matter. This guy clearly isn't racist. He's a fan of a team in a league that has around 70% black players.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435401' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:51 PM']Don't give me this again, Jamie. Yes, black people were slaves. What does that have to do with today?[/quote]

Slaves is only part of it, it wasnt that long ago they couldnt even drink from the same water foutain. Those blacks are still alive today, also it is very important to today because its about making up for opportunites that were not afforded to them in the past.

Now to the word itself. (and no ER and A are not the same try to understand the culture of them)

Would it be funny if a neo-nazzi told a jewish joke? ..... Same thing.

Not everyone should be able to say the same things and get away with it, it just doesnt work that way, nor should it.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435402' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:55 PM']Why does the person who said it matter? I agree that how it was said matters. You can tell by how they say it if they mean it in a racist way or not. Given that they're not racist, it shouldn't matter. [b]This guy clearly isn't racist. [/b]He's a fan of a team in a league that has around 70% black players.[/quote]

Whoa lets not put words in peoples mouths here, no one called him a racist. But reguardless it not a good word for any white person to really say. White people MIGHTbe able to get away with the A but they should never say the ER.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435388' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:39 PM']This kind of thinking is flawed and actually a racist way of thinking. If a black man can say it, then a white person should be able to say it.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No, you are wrong.

Example:

I'm assuming you are white, and a white guy comes up to you and calls you or somebody else a "crackah" or "honkey"
while telling a joke........

Whether that offends you are not, you can't call the guy a racist because the irony of it all, is that he is using racially derogatory
language against white people and he's white himself. A lot of people could find humor in that just for that reason alone.

The same would apply for other races. Blacks can call other blacks, "niggers", and Jews can call other Jews, "hymies" and
Latinos can call other Latinos, "spics" and etcetera.

If you belong to the same race that you are making derogatory comments about, you are not a racist. You may be either stupid or insane but by realistic definition, you can't be a self-hating racist.

Are we clear now?

[/b][/color]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435403' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:56 PM']Slaves is only part of it, it wasnt that long ago they couldnt even drink from the same water foutain. Those blacks are still alive today, also it is very important to today because its about making up for opportunites that were not afforded to them in the past.[/quote]
Good point. I feel for the ones that were alive during that time period. I know it was a horrible time for those kinds of people, and they do deserve for it to be made up to them. However, I hear 20 year olds and such talking about this shit. Maybe they feel for their ancestors. I don't know. Although, MOST white people today weren't alive or were very young back when this was happening. They can't do anything about the past. It's the past. I know it's hard to shine a positive light on this kind of thing, but where would black people be without slavery? Most of their ancestors would have stayed in Africa.
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435403' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:56 PM'][b]Would it be funny if a neo-nazzi told a jewish joke? ..... Same thing.[/b]

Not everyone should be able to say the same things and get away with it, it just doesnt work that way, nor should it.[/quote]
No, it's not the same thing. Neo-nazis are people who still endorse racism against Jews. This affects how the joke is told. I have no problem with a German telling a Jewish joke. Nor do I have a problem with a white person telling a black joke, obviously. It's the same kind of thing. Do I have a problem with a racist telling a black joke? Without a doubt.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435405' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:58 PM']Whoa lets not put words in peoples mouths here, no one called him a racist. But reguardless it not a good word for any white person to really say. White people MIGHT be able to get away with the A but they should never say the ER.[/quote]
I know no one called him a racist. I was saying that it shouldn't matter because he is not a racist. I never said you guys thought he was a racist.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435415' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:15 PM']Good point. I feel for the ones that were alive during that time period. I know it was a horrible time for those kinds of people, and they do deserve for it to be made up to them. However, I hear 20 year olds and such talking about this shit. Maybe they feel for their ancestors. I don't know. Although, MOST white people today weren't alive or were very young back when this was happening. They can't do anything about the past. It's the past. I know it's hard to shine a positive light on this kind of thing, but where would black people be without slavery? Most of their ancestors would have stayed in Africa.

No, it's not the same thing. Neo-nazis are people who still endorse racism against Jews. This affects how the joke is told. I have no problem with a German telling a Jewish joke. Nor do I have a problem with a white person telling a black joke, obviously. It's the same kind of thing. Do I have a problem with a racist telling a black joke? Without a doubt.[/quote]

To part one. Why on earth do you think blacks wouldnt be here witout slavery? Thats like saying Italian Americans, wouldnt, or Jewish Americans ect..

To Part two. Fair enough, however the A vs the ER puts anyone under scrutiney and white people even moreso

Also Onyx explained it pretty well.

[quote name='sneaky' post='435406' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:59 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, you are wrong.

Example:

[i][b]I'm assuming you are white, and a white guy comes up to you and calls you or somebody else a "crackah" or "honkey"
while telling a joke........

Whether that offends you are not, you can't call the guy a racist because the irony of it all, is that he is using racially derogatory
language against white people and he's white himself. A lot of people could find humor in that just for that reason alone.[/b][/i]

The same would apply for other races. Blacks can call other blacks, "niggers", and Jews can call other Jews, "hymies" and
Latinos can call other Latinos, "spics" and etcetera.

If you belong to the same race that you are making derogatory comments about, you are not a racist. You may be either stupid or insane but by realistic definition, you can't be a self-hating racist.

Are we clear now?

[/b][/color][/quote]
No it doesn't bother me. I think racism is all about intent. If you mean it in a racist way, then it's a terrible word. But if you're joking, it shouldn't matter. Just like most white people don't mind Chris Rock or Chappelle telling a white joke. I just think it should be the same for a black person telling a white joke.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435422' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:21 PM'][b]To part one. Why on earth do you think blacks wouldnt be here witout slavery? Thats like saying Italian Americans, wouldnt, or Jewish Americans ect..[/b]

To Part two. Fair enough, would it be ok if a israeli told a palistianian joke?

Also sneaky explained it pretty well.[/quote]
Well, that's pretty complicated. Italian Americans had good geography to be able to farm so they could stay in one spot and develop specialization and jobs and such. Most Africans, however, didn't. This is because of where they are. Most of Africa is covered by desert and rain forest; both places hard to live in. Why do you think there are problems with poverty in Africa?

Same thing applies to the Palestinian joke that applies to Jew and black jokes. If the Israeli truly hates ALL Palestinians, no.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435388' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:39 PM']This kind of thinking is flawed and actually a racist way of thinking[b]. If a black man can say it, then a white person should be able to say it.[/b][/quote]
it makes sense in a perfect world. but this isnt and white people cant make black jokes period.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435397' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:47 PM']Pick up a histroy book read it, then pick up a dictionary and look up context.[/quote]
history books state that blacks had black slaves, whites had white slaves, blacks had white slaves (very small #). in the bible people had their own kind of people as slaves.

i have no interest in this argument. just making that comment.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435403' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:56 PM'][b]Would it be funny if a neo-nazzi told a jewish joke?[/b] ..... Same thing.

[b]Not everyone should be able to say the same things and get away with it, it just doesnt work that way, nor should it.[/b][/quote]
very.

actually everyone should be able to say the same things and get away with it, but in reality we cant and i understand why, it makes sense why they cant.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Purple Predator' post='435423' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:21 PM']No it doesn't bother me. I think racism is all about intent. If you mean it in a racist way, then it's a terrible word. But if you're joking, it shouldn't matter. Just like [b]most white people don't mind Chris Rock or Chappelle telling a white joke. [/b]I just think it should be the same for a black person telling a white joke.[/quote]
The white people dont have a reason to be offended tho because they control everyone into their way of thinking. They make themselves look better by not getting offended and not becoming defensive as other races get defensive and are offended. Then the whites use this to make themselves look like the "superior race" and continue to fuck all other races over. It is wrong as fuck, but imo thats what happens. White people run the news and they mention all the minorities getting arrested and causing crimes because it makes the minorities look worse than the whites. You rarely see a white person on the news for something negative because that takes away from the "superior race" image that white people try to keep up. Thats how i see all this shit at least.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='435433' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:45 PM']The white people dont have a reason to be offended tho because they control everyone into their way of thinking. They make themselves look better by not getting offended and not becoming defensive as other races get defensive and are offended. Then the whites use this to make themselves look like the "superior race" and continue to fuck all other races over. It is wrong as fuck, but imo thats what happens. White people run the news and they mention all the minorities getting arrested and causing crimes because it makes the minorities look worse than the whites. You rarely see a white person on the news for something negative because that takes away from the "superior race" image that white people try to keep up. Thats how i see all this shit at least.[/quote]

racist

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='435245' date='Jan 31 2007, 03:09 PM']Socitey's opinion vs yours so...[/quote]

You speak for all of society now? And this "Go down to the hood and say that" retort is getting old. No matter how many times sneaky says it, you think that a joke about a white guy getting his ass kicked by a bunch of blacks is hilarious. Who's fucked up now?

Archived