Crackdown for Xbox 360

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
it came out today, i played the demo seemed like a ton of fun. it comes with a halo 3 multiplayer beta invite (some people bought the game just for the beta). it is actually a pretty decent game and has had a lot of hype lately. cant believe no one has heard of it.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='443460' date='Feb 20 2007, 09:30 PM']:mellow: -_-[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"][b]
Dont gimmie that look, you SOB. :ninja:

But seriously, I've never heard of it, what's the game about?[/b][/color]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='443717' date='Feb 21 2007, 02:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]
Dont gimmie that look, you SOB. :ninja:

But seriously, I've never heard of it, what's the game about?[/b][/color][/quote]
why dont u download the demo on xbox live, noob.

Does anyone have it or had a chance to play the real game, not just the demo?

I'm interested to find out how you guys like the game 'cause it has piqued my interest, but I'm afraid that it will be too much like GTA and I will get bored fast. Against my better judgement, I bought Saints Row a few months back and haven't played it since about 3 weeks after I got it cause it reminded me too much of GTA.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='whodey24k' post='444010' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:57 PM']if the game was any good, they wouldn't of had to put the halo 3 beta on there. Keep us posted on the quality of the game, i thought it looked good when i first read about it. But then the halo thing scared me away.[/quote]
i like it. you build up different ratings in the game. i havent played it a ton because i have a lot of shit due this week, but i find it way more fun than GTA or Saints Row (which i bought and put away after a week or two). Having rooftops and jumping up and having to do a lot of moves to make the game more fun makes it enjoyable for me. It has more to do than GTA or Saints Row because of that feature.

I believe they put Halo 3 Beta with it because it is made by Microsoft Game Studios, which works with Bungie a lot. This was a way for Bungie to help them out. Not to mention there isnt any other games out or coming out right now that are that big.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='444061' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:53 AM']i like it. you build up different ratings in the game. i havent played it a ton because i have a lot of shit due this week, but i find it way more fun than GTA or Saints Row (which i bought and put away after a week or two). Having rooftops and jumping up and having to do a lot of moves to make the game more fun makes it enjoyable for me. It has more to do than GTA or Saints Row because of that feature.
I believe they put Halo 3 Beta with it because it is made by Microsoft Game Studios, which works with Bungie a lot. This was a way for Bungie to help them out. Not to mention there isnt any other games out or coming out right now that are that big.[/quote]

how's the halo 3 beta?

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='444061' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:53 AM']i like it. you build up different ratings in the game. i havent played it a ton because i have a lot of shit due this week, but i find it way more fun than GTA or Saints Row (which i bought and put away after a week or two). Having rooftops and jumping up and having to do a lot of moves to make the game more fun makes it enjoyable for me. It has more to do than GTA or Saints Row because of that feature.
I believe they put Halo 3 Beta with it because it is made by Microsoft Game Studios, which works with Bungie a lot. This was a way for Bungie to help them out. Not to mention there isnt any other games out or coming out right now that are that big.[/quote]

Dont quote me, but I belive Microsoft owns Bungie.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='444147' date='Feb 22 2007, 10:47 AM']how's the halo 3 beta?[/quote]
it isnt out yet. i just am guaranteed a spot now. it is coming out in the spring, most likely april im thinkin.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444225' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:10 PM']Dont quote me, but I belive Microsoft owns Bungie.[/quote]
ur not quoted because thats not true. Microsoft doesnt own them, but they work very close together because Bungie's Halo has been Microsofts meal ticket. Bungie gets mad support from Microsoft now.

[quote name='ValleyBengal' post='444285' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:27 PM']Anyone wanna try co-op in the game. Let me know or find me online. My Gamertag is AustinPowers.[/quote]
tonight I will be all for it. im stuck up here in class for a few more hours. I HATE SCHOOL!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444670' date='Feb 22 2007, 10:22 PM']Actually they do own them. :wave:

[url="http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/06/22/ms.bungie.idg/index.html"]http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computin....idg/index.html[/url][/quote]
fuck u and thats news to me, especially after some of the articles ive read. oh well microsoft ruined halo. their stupid ass halo 2 was shit and im sure halo 3 will blow too.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='444694' date='Feb 23 2007, 12:01 AM']fuck u and thats news to me, especially after some of the articles ive read. oh well microsoft ruined halo. their stupid ass halo 2 was shit and im sure halo 3 will blow too.[/quote]

Your the only one who thinks that, most people think halo2 was better...more maps, more weapons, being able to play online....

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444742' date='Feb 23 2007, 08:13 AM']Your the only one who thinks that, most people think halo2 was better...more maps, more weapons, being able to play online....[/quote]
you are very wrong. anyone who played tourney (reason Halo ever got popular were these people) hate Halo 2 compared to halo 1. the only reason the play halo 2 is the money. You can play Halo 1 online, if they ever make Halo 1.5 (its been rumored), which would be Halo 1 with Xbox live gameplay then Halo 2's crowd would drop drastically.

Halo 2 does not require talent. Halo 1 required talent to even have a chance. Now thinking about those games to the general video game fan. Which game will sell more? Obviously Halo 2 because the shitty players will enjoy it. Halo 1 couldn't be enjoyed by crappy video gamers because they blew ass and couldn't compete with the good video gamers. It makes sense that Halo 2 would sell more, but that doesn't make it the better game.

As for your other 2 reasons:
1) More maps...halo 1 would have more if it was online capable.
2) More weapons...that makes it worse. there is no real art to the game or strategy. i havent played halo 2 in ages, i could go to a tourney right now and destroy people. I havent played Halo 1 in a while and i could go to a tourney and id get destroyed.

When I play a game I want it to be challenging and require you to build your skills. I dont want to enter a game and be elite immediately. The reason Halo 1.5 hasn't been made yet is that they fear it would really hurt sales on Halo 3. I know I wouldn't buy Halo 3 if Halo 1.5 came out. Halo 3 is going to be huge, but its going to be a bad game. I will still get it though, so I can go to tourneys and take some stupid 12 year olds money :) Halo 1 didnt have the little kids that Halo 2 has because it was too hard. Halo 2's success is because they added another age group to their target and this was added by dumbing down the game.

Oh well. :(

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444742' date='Feb 23 2007, 08:13 AM']Your the only one who thinks that, most people think halo2 was better...more maps, more weapons, being able to play online....[/quote]
you are very wrong. anyone who played tourney (reason Halo ever got popular were these people) hate Halo 2 compared to halo 1. the only reason the play halo 2 is the money. You can play Halo 1 online, if they ever make Halo 1.5 (its been rumored), which would be Halo 1 with Xbox live gameplay then Halo 2's crowd would drop drastically.

Halo 2 does not require talent. Halo 1 required talent to even have a chance. Now thinking about those games to the general video game fan. Which game will sell more? Obviously Halo 2 because the shitty players will enjoy it. Halo 1 couldn't be enjoyed by crappy video gamers because they blew ass and couldn't compete with the good video gamers. It makes sense that Halo 2 would sell more, but that doesn't make it the better game.

As for your other 2 reasons:
1) More maps...halo 1 would have more if it was online capable.
2) More weapons...that makes it worse. there is no real art to the game or strategy. i havent played halo 2 in ages, i could go to a tourney right now and destroy people. I havent played Halo 1 in a while and i could go to a tourney and id get destroyed.

When I play a game I want it to be challenging and require you to build your skills. I dont want to enter a game and be elite immediately. The reason Halo 1.5 hasn't been made yet is that they fear it would really hurt sales on Halo 3. I know I wouldn't buy Halo 3 if Halo 1.5 came out. Halo 3 is going to be huge, but its going to be a bad game. I will still get it though, so I can go to tourneys and take some stupid 12 year olds money :) Halo 1 didnt have the little kids that Halo 2 has because it was too hard. Halo 2's success is because they added another age group to their target and this was added by dumbing down the game.

Oh well. :(

Picked up crackdown over the weekend. can't put that damn game down. Almost through the game on the medium level, but now I just find myself doing stupid shit like picking people off with a sniper gun from rooftops, car and people "juggling," car stunts and other stupid BS to get achievements. the best is when you get the peacekeepers mad enough at you, they send another agent after you. Now that is a crazy fight. Never have beaten one yet.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WD40' post='446777' date='Feb 27 2007, 07:10 PM']Picked up crackdown over the weekend. can't put that damn game down. Almost through the game on the medium level, but now I just find myself doing stupid shit like picking people off with a sniper gun from rooftops, car and people "juggling," car stunts and other stupid BS to get achievements. the best is when you get the peacekeepers mad enough at you, they send another agent after you. Now that is a crazy fight. Never have beaten one yet.[/quote]
what do u use to juggle cars and people? i wanna get those achievements.

Archived