"No java" error message

A guy at work thinks that I'm a computer expert because I'm a Database Programmer. I only know enough system stuff to be dangerous. He just had XP installed by a "professional" computer guy. It may be a bootleg copy, but when he tries to get into IE (Assuming IE). he gets a message that he doesn't have Java. I'm waiting to get the exact error message from him. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I believe it's XP Proffessional that he had installed. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Hooky' post='450670' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:33 AM']A guy at work thinks that I'm a computer expert because I'm a Database Programmer. I only know enough system stuff to be dangerous. He just had XP installed by a "professional" computer guy. It may be a bootleg copy, but when he tries to get into IE (Assuming IE). he gets a message that he doesn't have Java. I'm waiting to get the exact error message from him. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I believe it's XP Proffessional that he had installed. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

there is another thread about this tied to another topic in here, i get the same thing sometimes, uninstalling flash player and re installing it fixes it...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='450690' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:05 AM']there is another thread about this tied to another topic in here, i get the same thing sometimes, uninstalling flash player and re installing it fixes it...[/quote]

Thanks Go. I saw that. I wasn't sure if that was just for flash player. If it would cripple IE.

Archived