Remeber when we took __________ over __________

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='globetrotter' post='453248' date='Mar 8 2007, 11:09 AM']Remember when we took Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson and Chris Gamble. That was dumb.

Remember when we passed on Ko SImpson and took Frostee Rucker?[/quote]

Too early to judge Rucker.

And remember when EVERY team in the NFL passed on Mark Anderson until the fifth round, or Peko and Cofield until the fourth? EVERY team in the NFL is stupid when they are judged using hindsight.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='453248' date='Mar 8 2007, 11:09 AM']Remember when we took Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson and Chris Gamble. That was dumb.

I believe it was Akili Smith over the whole Saints draft from Ditka...

That one still hurts down in the sack if you know what I mean.

I also believe Justin Smith over LaDainian Tomlinson.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='453390' date='Mar 8 2007, 01:34 PM']I do remember Stephen Jackson and Kevin Jones being better then Chris Perry in that draft.[/quote]

Stephen Jackson is the same type of back Rudi is. We had no need for that. Kevin Jones is doing about as well as Perry from an injury standpoint isnt he?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='453482' date='Mar 8 2007, 02:52 PM']Stephen Jackson is the same type of back Rudi is. We had no need for that. Kevin Jones is doing about as well as Perry from an injury standpoint isnt he?[/quote]

Except Jackson is much faster and a better receiver.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='globetrotter' post='453248' date='Mar 8 2007, 11:09 AM']Remember when we took Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson and Chris Gamble. That was dumb.[/quote]

Get it right. It was Chris perry [b]AND[/b] Stacy Andrews instead of Jackson. Andrews could very well be our starting LG for years to come. So if Perry ever gets healthy I'd say we came out ahead.

And as someone already said Perry had no history of injury in college. Again it is easy to judge in hindsight.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='453575' date='Mar 8 2007, 04:51 PM']Get it right. It was Chris perry [b]AND[/b] Stacy Andrews instead of Jackson. Andrews could very well be our starting LG for years to come. So if Perry ever gets healthy I'd say we came out ahead.

And as someone already said Perry had no history of injury in college. [b]Again it is easy to judge in hindsight.[/b][/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='453482' date='Mar 8 2007, 02:52 PM']Stephen Jackson is the same type of back Rudi is. We had no need for that. Kevin Jones is doing about as well as Perry from an injury standpoint isnt he?[/quote]

Jackson > Rudi

More complete player. Better runner, better receiver.

2006 Season:

1,528 Rushing Yards on 346 Attempts
806 Receiving Yards on 90 Catches
16 Total TD's
Long Run of 59 yards
Long Catch of 64 yards

[quote name='globetrotter' post='453248' date='Mar 8 2007, 04:09 PM']Remember when we took Chris Perry over[b] Stephen Jackson a[/b]nd Chris Gamble. That was dumb.

Dunno shit about Frostee, since he has yet to see the light of day (thought that might me the statement in and of itself) but the Perry over Jackson pick stings like hell.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='453482' date='Mar 8 2007, 07:52 PM']Stephen Jackson is the same type of back Rudi is. We had no need for that. Kevin Jones is doing about as well as Perry from an injury standpoint isnt he?[/quote]
<_< Except that Jackson can catch the ball out of the backfield and do something with it on the outside. I love Rudi, but this kid would have been a MUCH better choice than mr glass.

Guest OzBengal

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='453337' date='Mar 8 2007, 12:35 PM']Remember when Chris Perry had a history of injuries in college?
me either. :wave:[/quote]

He actually had a couple. Michigan ran him into the ground. He had a couple of games where he carried 50+ times. He took some big hits in college and now his body is falling apart. No tread left on the tires. It smelled as a reach at the time and now it just looks terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='461597' date='Mar 23 2007, 08:01 PM']wasn't both mark anderson and elvis dumrievil availible when we took rucker? man that pick was lame :rant:[/quote]
Yeah I about puked when we picked Frostee Rucker. There was so much talent left on the draft board, and we picked that scrub.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='fredtoast' post='453575' date='Mar 8 2007, 05:51 PM']Get it right. It was Chris perry [b]AND[/b] Stacy Andrews instead of Jackson. Andrews could very well be our starting LG for years to come. So if Perry ever gets healthy I'd say we came out ahead.

And as someone already said Perry had no history of injury in college. Again it is easy to judge in hindsight.[/quote]

Actually, I think we turned that 1st round pick into Perry, Andrews, Askew and Deltha.

Archived