Official Go-Bengals mock draft

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='468766' date='Apr 9 2007, 10:26 AM']Nice pick. :headbang:[/quote]
Thank you... Did a little research and a bunch of mocks had him going as early as like 47 to Green Bay... He falls to 98, I wanted a RB anyway with the relatively shallow depth I had + the pool in this draft made it easy.

Except for one thing... The Suckeye hater in me made it hard to pull the trigger!!!

:ninja:

[quote name='Montecore' post='468782' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:14 AM']I disagree. It's not a nice pick. Not a nice pick at all.

(I was planning to take him at 99 ...)[/quote]
Sorry about that... Let me know ahead of time in the future and I'll not take that player... ;)

j/k
:ninja:

Oh, and you are on the clock at this point for the 99th, and last of the 3rd round, pick.

With the final pick of the first day, the Oakland Raiders select Samson Satele, C, Hawaii.

Oakland's offensive line was a mess last year and even though a lot of the troubles can be attributed to scheme, this move makes sense for the team. With Satele as the starting center, Jake Grove can move to guard and 2nd round pick Justin Blalock can challenge for playing time at LT/LG. The Raiders brought in Jeremy Newberry in free agency, but injuries will probably relegate him to a backup.

The starting line for 2007 will look something like this:

LT-------------LG------------C-----------RG-----------RT---
Sims-------Blalock-------Satele-------Grove-------Gallery
Blalock----Hulsey--------Newberry---Booth--------Walker
Gallery-------------------Grove-------McQuistan------------

[quote name='Jason' post='469878' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:46 PM']When are the subheading and the draft list going to be updated?

Come on Akili, you have been so quick to pick for people, now you are slacking in [b]your[/b] duties.
:D[/quote]

I say we start over,,,,,

Limit the contestants to the more commited and get another view of what the draft could be. Make a rule that you have to right 3 sentecnes why this pick and put them into the depth chart of the position....like the guy did for the Raiders OL.....

[quote name='Jason' post='469878' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:46 PM']When are the subheading and the draft list going to be updated?

Come on Akili, you have been so quick to pick for people, now you are slacking in [b]your[/b] duties.
:D[/quote]
I honestly am really burnt out in keeping up with it and have pretty much no motivation to continue on with the 4th round.

[quote name='Montecore' post='470028' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:12 PM']If we wanted to either continue on or start it over, I'd be willing to take it on. I will be traveling without a computer next Monday and Tuesday, though, so it might not work out.[/quote]

I can cover monday and tues

[quote name='BengalsCat' post='470276' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:11 AM']What happened to cinci's 2nd round pick?[/quote]

Through a series of unrealistic trades, Cincy got Lance Briggs, the 17th pick (Okoye), and the 94th pick (which Chicago actually kept for some reason) for Justin Smith, the 18th, 49th, and 110th picks.

If we do it again, I think we should establish the ground rules up front.

My suggestions:
1. No trades. You have the picks your team has now. That way we don't get anything too ridiculous.
2. You have 18 hours to make your pick. If your time runs out, do it like ther NFL. You get passed over until you get your pick in.
3. Re-pick teams. Only participate if you will be able to make your picks in a timely manner. See if there is some way to determine who gets the Bengals in a random fashion.

[quote name='Montecore' post='470296' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:43 AM']Through a series of unrealistic trades, Cincy got Lance Briggs, the 17th pick (Okoye), and the 94th pick (which Chicago actually kept for some reason) for Justin Smith, the 18th, 49th, and 110th picks.[/quote]

LoL

I want to jump into that fantasy land.. WOOT

[quote name='Jason' post='470299' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:58 AM']If we do it again, I think we should establish the ground rules up front.

My suggestions:
1. No trades. You have the picks your team has now. That way we don't get anything too ridiculous.
2. You have 18 hours to make your pick. If your time runs out, do it like ther NFL. You get passed over until you get your pick in.
3. Re-pick teams. Only participate if you will be able to make your picks in a timely manner. See if there is some way to determine who gets the Bengals in a random fashion.[/quote]

If we cant get a good group together then I propose this.

Free for all. First pick made gets counted. No trades. You can't pick until 4 people pick after the last pick you made. So if you pick 11th you cant pick until 16th, 1st 6th.

Archived