Tubby Smith Leaving UK

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='IKOTA' post='460691' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:03 PM']Kentucky fans drove him out IMO. No chance UK gets Patterson or Jai Lucas now.

edit: Randolph Morris will probably bolt now also.[/quote]

Long term > Short term.

[color="#FF0000"][b]I think UK wants to follow Cincinnati's in footsteps, in terms of running off
good coaches. UK fans, if you think 2006 was a dissappointment, you aint
seen nothing yet. Your reality check will begin real soon, if this is true.[/b][/color]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460688' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:01 PM']YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SS!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ::headbang:[/quote]

losing tubby will be a huge blow to this team... but we are UK and we should be able to get another great coach... but if we want a chance w/ any big recruits this year, we better get on getting a new coach ASAP...

i still love you tubby... good luck in Minnesota...

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='460717' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:15 PM']Stupid question, but are we talking Minnesota as in the Gophers or Minnesota as in the T'Wolves. I assume were still talking college, but still...[/quote]

Gophers. He aint good enough for the NBA.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='sneaky' post='460704' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:12 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I think UK wants to follow Cincinnati's in footsteps, in terms of running off
good coaches. UK fans, if you think 2006 was a dissappointment, you aint
seen nothing yet. Your reality check will begin real soon, if this is true.[/b][/color][/quote]

No... I expect a huge down year. But in the long run its worth it. We get the right coach and we are up and running in no time. We got rid of a bum! A FUCKING BUM. The only reason he won was because of Ricks players. Cameron (sp?) Mills more or less said so at Rupp in 98 at the Championship party. Tubby never went to a final four with his recruits or to a final four after 98. The program has slipped so far sense his time here.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460719' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:16 PM'][b]Gophers. He aint good enough for the NBA.[/b][/quote]
NBA coaches dont coach, they fucking baby sit.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='460726' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:20 PM']NBA coaches dont coach, they fucking baby sit.[/quote]

Tubby cant even do that.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460724' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:18 PM']No... I expect a huge down year. But in the long run its worth it. We get the right coach and we are up and running in no time. We got rid of a bum! A FUCKING BUM. The only reason he won was because of Ricks players. Cameron (sp?) Mills more or less said so at Rupp in 98 at the Championship party. Tubby never went to a final four with his recruits or to a final four after 98. The program has slipped so far sense his time here.[/quote]

winning percentage - 15 years - 365-133 (.733)

1 national championship (it may have been rick's players, but it was tubby coaching on the sidelines and don't think anyone can bring champions out of even a team that great... it takes a great coach...

3 elite eights, and 2 sweet 16's... never missed the tournament...

damn, we're lucky to get rid of this chump :boring:

Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='bengalrick' post='460742' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:31 PM']winning percentage - 15 years - 365-133 (.733)

1 national championship (it may have been rick's players, but it was tubby coaching on the sidelines and don't think anyone can bring champions out of even a team that great... it takes a great coach...

damn, we're lucky to get rid of this chump :boring:[/quote]

longest final 4 drought in ky history

multiple 10+ loss season

2 team turmoil teams

first loss to vandy in rupp.

i could go and on if i had all the bad records he broke. they are out there but never saved them. now is not a good tiem to go over to cats pause either.

know your shit before you dish it out. i know ky basketball. those three little stats dont out way the bad.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='bengalrick' post='460742' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:31 PM']winning percentage - 15 years - 365-133 (.733)

damn, we're lucky to get rid of this chump :boring:[/quote]

Glad to see a Kentucky fan with some sense.

Most Kentucky fans calling for Tubby`s head, would cut off their nose to spite their face.
It would serve them right if Kentucky sucked for the next 5 or 10 years...

I liked Tubby. I hate to see him coming to the Big 10.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460746' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:35 PM']longest final 4 drought in ky history

multiple 10+ loss season

2 team turmoil teams

i could go and on if i had all the bad records he broke. they are out there but never saved them. now is not a good tiem to go over to cats pause either.

know your shit before you dish it out. i know ky basketball. those three little stats dont out way the bad.[/quote]

Bring back Eddie Sutton !

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='oldschooler' post='460750' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:38 PM']Glad to see a Kentucky fan with some sense.

Most Kentucky fans calling for Tubby`s head, would cut off their nose to spite their face.
It would serve them right if Kentucky sucked for the next 5 or 10 years...

I liked Tubby. I hate to see him coming to the Big 10.[/quote]

Again. You don't have any sense. We haven't beat a ranked team in 2 years. Longest final four drought in KY history and much much more.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460755' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:49 PM']Tony Dungey(sp?) involved in this. WTF.[/quote]

Pat Reilly and Billy D top choices (sp?)

Tubby should have been gone 2 years ago, he brought the program down to the mid major level. Just look at these stats

Here are some comparisons to probation years

Won/Loss record:
Probation - 36-20 (64.29%)
Past 2 yrs - 43-25 (63.23%)

SEC record:
Probation - 24-12 (66.67%)
Past 2 yrs - 18-14 (56.25%)

Wins against ranked opponents:
Probation - 5-6 (45.45%)
Past 2 yrs - 3-12 (20.00%)

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Storm' post='460761' date='Mar 22 2007, 03:54 PM']Tubby should have been gone 2 years ago, he brought the program down to the mid major level. Just look at these stats

Here are some comparisons to probation years

Won/Loss record:
Probation - 36-20 (64.29%)
Past 2 yrs - 43-25 (63.23%)

SEC record:
Probation - 24-12 (66.67%)
Past 2 yrs - 18-14 (56.25%)

Wins against ranked opponents:
Probation - 5-6 (45.45%)
Past 2 yrs - 3-12 (20.00%)[/quote]

Finally... and there are more stats out there that prove he is terrible. I don't have them on me. Catspause members composed them. Hes not that great. The National Championship his first year is bs. Disregard that and he looks terrible.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460746' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:35 PM']longest final 4 drought in ky history

multiple 10+ loss season

2 team turmoil teams

know your shit before you dish it out. i know ky basketball. those three little stats dont out way the bad.[/quote]

little stats Leaky? Mid major level Storm? what the fuck reality am i in... who cares about winning percentages and how good someone does in the tourney's... we fucking lost to auburn at rupp in the winter while the heat was turned to 70 and we only made 20% 3 pointers... "he sucked balls..."

tubby was a good coach... had a GREAT recruiting class the last few years, and i have a feeling that the next guy will come in here and i will be hearing from a host of[b] fools [/b]saying "but it was tubby's team"...... i love UK, and i am one of the biggest fans you will have heard from, but sometimes i hate UK fans...

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='bengalrick' post='460765' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:02 PM']little stats Leaky? Mid major level Storm? what the fuck reality am i in... who cares about winning percentages and how good someone does in the tourney's... we fucking lost to auburn at rupp in the winter while the heat was turned to 70 and we only made 20% 3 pointers... "he sucked balls..."

tubby was a good coach... had a GREAT recruiting class the last few years, and i have a feeling that the next guy will come in here and i will be hearing from a host of[b] fools [/b]saying "but it was tubby's team"...... i love UK, and i am one of the biggest fans you will have heard from, but sometimes i hate UK fans...[/quote]

Your an enabler. You support Tubby you support the downfall of this program. In 96 - 98 we were at the top of college basketball. Now we are hardly heard from. We did not have a great recruiting class. Morris is the laziest player ever. Rondo was a head case. Joe and Ramel suck ass. What about our current sophomore class. Oh wait.... we don't have one. Lastly the senior class...........................................................................
................................................................................
Biggest group of bums ever. How about next years freshman class. AJ Stewert. He is just like Perry Stevenson who doesnt play now. Mike Williams who is out of basketball.... who else... there is no one else. We were hanging on Jai Lucas and Pat Patterson. They weren't locks. If they wanted to Kentucky they would have already signed instead of waiting to see who leaves from Florida and who doesn't.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='460765' date='Mar 22 2007, 09:02 PM']little stats Leaky? Mid major level Storm? what the fuck reality am i in... who cares about winning percentages and how good someone does in the tourney's... we fucking lost to auburn at rupp in the winter while the heat was turned to 70 and we only made 20% 3 pointers... "he sucked balls..."

tubby was a good coach... [b]had a GREAT recruiting class the last few years[/b], and i have a feeling that the next guy will come in here and i will be hearing from a host of[b] fools [/b]saying "but it was tubby's team"...... i love UK, and i am one of the biggest fans you will have heard from, but sometimes i hate UK fans...[/quote]

Great? Jodie Meeks is the only good player he recruited the last 2 years, for every Meeks we had 5 Sherray Thomas'

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Storm' post='460780' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:16 PM']Great? Jodie Meeks is the only good player he recruited the last 2 years, for every Meeks we had 5 Sherray Thomas'[/quote]

Lets not forget how many transfers/kids left while Tubby Smith. There were tons. And recruits we whiffed on. Brandon Wright of UNC was a UK fan! Didn't come to Kentucky because of style of play.

Archived