Tubby Smith Leaving UK

I'm pretty sure that:
[img]http://home.fuse.net/ecat/billy.jpg[/img]
is the next head coach at the University of Kentucky. He has been on ESPN several times and never said "no."
He said he would entertain any offers, which means that either 1.) He's taking the job, or 2.) He's wrangling the Gators for a better contract.

If we don't get Billy D (and his 3 5-Star Recruits), I want Travis Ford.

Calipari isn't coming (thank God), Tom Creen hasn't done shit w/out D-Wade, Tom Izzo is meh, and Mark Few is a big fish in a small pond.

[quote name='Storm' post='462597' date='Mar 26 2007, 02:43 PM']Part of me would like to see what Travis Ford could do but I'm impatient and worried about his possible failure, if he was to fail how long would we have to wait before he was replaced? I'd be afraid we would stick with him too long on the other hand we know what Donovan or Matta could do and they could do it in a hurry.[/quote]

It's all about expectations.

Keep in mind, failure at Kentucky today is Tubby Smith.

Like him or hate him, Tubby can place his resume with some pretty big name college basketball coaches.

If Travis Ford fails like Tubby Smith did at Kentucky they'll hang his name from the top.

A few years from now once cooler heads prevail, people will give Tubby a little more love.

Flip side to Billy D and Thad is the expectations are going to be through the roof the first day they start on the job.

Either way the March to number 8 will be fun. The best thing to do would be to make sure you take time to soak it in.

I wish I could relive that 1996 season.

[quote name='scharm' post='462913' date='Mar 27 2007, 06:48 AM']Eh, nevermind. Billy D is the guy if you believe internet rumors.[/quote]
We'll see. I heard on WLW this morning on my way to work that some Lexington TV station (WLEX?) has reported that it's basically a done deal with Billy D, but we won't know shit until after Florida os done playing, which hopefully will be accomplished in their next game.
I hate them! Fucking punk-ass Noah...

Most all these guys can coach --------------- key is ---------- can they recuit !!!!!!!! No way Ky should not be on the list of all the who's who high school players each and every year. They once where and wiht the right guy ---- they will be again.

Again ------- NOTHING wrong with Tubby's ability to coach but where is the talent ???????????? No point guard and no scoring threat inside except Morris -------- and he's gone. Why all the 7 ft projects?

These are the reasons Tubby left and it was by his own choice as he made little attempt to grab top notch players -------- why is the question ????

Archived