Bengals "On The Clock" on ESPN April 1st & NFL Network April 2nd 6:30

[quote name='GoBengals' post='462614' date='Mar 26 2007, 03:16 PM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2812707&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...ce=NFLHeadlines[/url]

discussing offseason moves and draft picks upcoming...[/quote]

Isn't that an hour long show? So after they discuss the offseason moves, what will they talk about for the other 59 minutes?

Is the show an Internet show, a TV show, or both? If it is a TV show, is it on NFL Live? No, because if it is an hour show, it cannot be NFL Live, because that is a half-hour show. Does anyone know?

[quote name='Rick' post='462629' date='Mar 26 2007, 03:32 PM']Is the show an Internet show, a TV show, or both? If it is a TV show, is it on NFL Live? No, because if it is an hour show, it cannot be NFL Live, because that is a half-hour show. Does anyone know?[/quote]

It will be a segment during Sports Center. And I think it will be about 5 minutes long.

[quote name='Draftman' post='462679' date='Mar 26 2007, 05:59 PM']Actually the whole thing is ASS backwards, from INDY down. The draft changes sooo much after #10 this show is an absolute waste!!!! [b]We need DEFENSE, who doesn't know that??[/b]??[/quote]

More than you would think. I can't tell you how many mock drafts I have seen that have us taking Greg Olsen in Round 1.

[quote name='Jason' post='464979' date='Mar 30 2007, 08:25 PM']NFL Network at 6:30pm[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='464983' date='Mar 30 2007, 08:29 PM']lucky NFN having bastards..[/quote]

This is a different show, diferent day, and different network. I think it should have remained a separate thread. But whatever.

[quote name='Jason' post='464987' date='Mar 30 2007, 08:37 PM']This is a different show, diferent day, and different network. I think it should have remained a separate thread. But whatever.[/quote]

yea didn't realize it before i merged, cant un-merge, titles were same..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='464994' date='Mar 30 2007, 08:45 PM']yea didn't realize it before i merged, cant un-merge, titles were same..[/quote]

The date in the "fix" (thread title) is incorrect - April 2 on NFL Net.

I never could understand the fascination with so-called "experts" opinions on mock drafts and such...we are going to take who we take, I prefer a surprise on draft day. Plus, so much shit changes on draft day with teams maneuvering and such that these talking heads (especially Hair Kiper) are not often correct in their mocks.
Fuck 'em.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Bunghole' post='465015' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:38 PM']I never could understand the fascination with so-called "experts" opinions on mock drafts and such...we are going to take who we take, I prefer a surprise on draft day. Plus, so much shit changes on draft day with teams maneuvering and such that these talking heads (especially Hair Kiper) are not often correct in their mocks.
Fuck 'em.[/quote]

That's one reason I don't follow the build up to the draft very close. We never take who everyone thinks we'll take. Maybe one pick here or there. Plus all teams give out misinformation on who they want. Most of these journalists' insiders are feeding them bullshit.

Some of you immerse yourselves into the draft. I'm not knocking that. If I watched more college games and actually knew what I was talking about firsthand I'd probably enjoy the pre-draft more too. I just don't see the point of debating very passionately about a pick, if all you're really going on is what the Mel Kiper's are saying. Most of them just regurgitate shit that others just like them have written. They jump on and off the bandwagon of players constantly, often over some overblown rumor.

But hey, you guys have me wishing we could miraculously get Okoye, and I've barely seen him play. I read what all of you guys write, that's about it for me as following the pre-draft, so I don't know which of you are full of shit, and which ones know what they're talking about.

:unsure:

[quote name='Jason' post='465035' date='Mar 30 2007, 10:42 PM']Yes, it's a segment in that show.[/quote]

On the "Path to the Draft" show, they take a few minutes to talk about the team's recent draft history, and some areas where they have needs. Then, one of the NFL Network talking heads "plays GM" and suggests who he thinks they'll take in round 1 - and usually round 2 also.

So, it'll be somebody like Rod Woodson, Brian Baldinger, or Jamie Dukes. It's not great, but it's something.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='465100' date='Mar 31 2007, 03:40 AM']That's one reason I don't follow the build up to the draft very close. We never take who everyone thinks we'll take. Maybe one pick here or there. Plus all teams give out misinformation on who they want. Most of these journalists' insiders are feeding them bullshit.

Some of you immerse yourselves into the draft. I'm not knocking that. If I watched more college games and actually knew what I was talking about firsthand I'd probably enjoy the pre-draft more too. I just don't see the point of debating very passionately about a pick, if all you're really going on is what the Mel Kiper's are saying. Most of them just regurgitate shit that others just like them have written. They jump on and off the bandwagon of players constantly, often over some overblown rumor.

But hey, you guys have me wishing we could miraculously get Okoye, and I've barely seen him play. I read what all of you guys write, that's about it for me as following the pre-draft, so I don't know which of you are full of shit, and which ones know what they're talking about.

:unsure:[/quote]

[size=4][b]
X2[/b][/size]

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='464946' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:50 PM']just saw that the Bengals are on the clock on ESPN on [b]sunday at 10:30AM[/b]!!! whatever that is.[/quote]

Then it should be coming on in a few minutes . . .

"On The Clock" Recap

- Arrests.
- Defense Sucks
- Going to draft a Guard/Tackle in 2nd because "losing steinbach is a concern" :crazy:
- Then Draft Beason from Miami (then joked about having Charector flaws
- Said Perry and Chatman will be back.

* yawn*

Archived