****Official Reds First Game Of The Year Thread****

[quote name='Soundwave' post='465944' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:29 PM']I think they'll try and get him through the 6th inning.[/quote]

Another inning like the 4th and I think they will have to pull him, even if he has the lead. I dunno.... Not sure how far he went in spring training on the pitch count. Here is to a 1-2-3 5th inning....

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='465949' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:36 PM']Ugh... Freel dove and missed on a sinking liner, and his throw to 3rd was crap- into the stands and gives up a run :thumbsdown:[/quote]

That was a crap throw. It would have still been a 3-zip game.....

Harang is up to 97 on the pitch count (according to ESPN). I assume he comes in for the 6th but is on a short leash.

[quote name='Soundwave' post='465940' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:18 PM']It might be Steve Phillips, cause he was on Cold Pizza earlier in Cincy.[/quote]
EDIT: actually, it's Dan Schulman and Steve Phillips. I don't this Sutt is there at all, but Phillips sure does sound quite a bit like him..

2 on for Junior.... :headbang:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='465960' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:01 PM']And Harang survived the 6th on 6 pitches. He's coming out to pitch in the 7th inning...

Nice grab by Freel, too. Tracked down a sinking liner in the gap with ease.[/quote]

I don't know if I'm digging letting Harang come in for the 7th. I know, I know, second guessing. I would have preferred to see a PH come in. Oh well.

It was a good 6th inning by Harang.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='465961' date='Apr 2 2007, 09:06 PM']I don't know if I'm digging letting Harang come in for the 7th. I know, I know, second guessing. I would have preferred to see a PH come in. Oh well.

It was a good 6th inning by Harang.[/quote]
7th was damn solid too. He's set down 7 straight now, I believe. Looking sharp.

I hope he's done, though. No need to push it too hard in the first game...

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='465978' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:35 PM']Good thing I have WGN, or wouldn't get to see the end of the game. Nice to see Griffey playing[/quote]

I'm watching the ESPN scoreboard at work. What's happening in real time? It says Hamilton is pinch hitting to lead the 8th. Who's going to close?

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='465983' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:39 PM']Hamilton just got robbed of his first major league hit on a diving grab by the left fielder. A ton of crowd support for the kid, that's for damn sure.[/quote]

Thanks. Who do the Reds have up in the bullpen for the 9th?

Guest Yojimbo
great show by Harrang, nice close by Tackleberry, and 5 runs of offense.

Plus it was the best weather for opening day since as long as I can remember.

Nuxie calling the game too...

Truly a perfect day and great start for the Reds!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='465997' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:48 PM'][img]http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/frick_bios/images/brennaman_marty.jpg[/img]
...and this one belongs to the Reds, [b]BITCHES![/b][/quote]
fixed.

Archived