1. 1. Who is the best ever Bengals DB?

• Louis Breeden
    • Tommy Casanova
    • David Fulcher
    • Lemar Parrish
    • Ken Riley
    • Other - Who?

Guest Patmo
[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='469074' date='Apr 9 2007, 08:15 PM']I voted "The Rattler"...

What did Bengals.com say?[/quote]

He should be in the Hall of Fame.

I cant say I've ever seen the guy play in actual game, but I got a few old NFL films Bengal highlight videos from the early 70's and Lemar Parrish is thee human highlight reel. The man did everything. If I remember correctly he returned a kick, an interception, and a blocked field goal all for touchdowns in a single game. Why no love for the man? Did he suck the other 50% of the time he was playing? Can any older fans fill me in, by the time I was conceived with was no longer with the Bengals.

[quote name='WildKat' post='469284' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:53 AM']I cant say I've ever seen the guy play in actual game, but I got a few old NFL films Bengal highlight videos from the early 70's and Lemar Parrish is thee human highlight reel. The man did everything. If I remember correctly he returned a kick, an interception, and a blocked field goal all for touchdowns in a single game. Why no love for the man? [b]Did he suck the other 50% of the time he was playing?[/b] Can any older fans fill me in, by the time I was conceived with was no longer with the Bengals.[/quote]

No, in fact he made a couple of pro-bowls while with the Bengals. I voted for him as well, but just barely over Fulcher.

[quote name='WildKat' post='469284' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:53 AM']I cant say I've ever seen the guy play in actual game, but I got a few old NFL films Bengal highlight videos from the early 70's and Lemar Parrish is thee human highlight reel. The man did everything. If I remember correctly he returned a kick, an interception, and a blocked field goal all for touchdowns in a single game. Why no love for the man? Did he suck the other 50% of the time he was playing? Can any older fans fill me in, by the time I was conceived with was no longer with the Bengals.[/quote]

There's this clip of Lemar Parrish returning a punt. I swear it was Deon Sanders about 20 years earlier.

He ducked between two tacklers and then started high stepping in the middle of the field, then out ran everyone for TD.

Awesome. What I've often read is Lemar Parrish was the flashier guy and thus got all the attention and was a reason Riley never made a pro bowl.

Parrish was pretty good too, tough choice between the two.

Guest fredtoast
Lemar Parrish was better than Riley. He was an EIGHT TIME Pro Bowl selection and score 13 return TDs in his career (PR, KR, INT, FUM, BLK). He was the Deion Sanders of his time. I think he still holds the Bengal's single season record for both KR and PR avg. He was a gamebreaking playmaker. Riley has more career ints, but I'd still take Parrish.

BTW Riley, Casanova, and Parrish all played at the same time. Casanova was a big star at the time also, but he only played 6 or 7 years.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='469401' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:17 AM']Lemar Parrish was better than Riley. He was an EIGHT TIME Pro Bowl selection and score 13 return TDs in his career (PR, KR, INT, FUM, BLK). He was the Deion Sanders of his time. I think he still holds the Bengal's single season record for both KR and PR avg. He was a gamebreaking playmaker. Riley has more career ints, but I'd still take Parrish.

[b]BTW Riley, Casanova, and Parrish all played at the same time. Casanova was a big star at the time also, but he only played 6 or 7 years.[/b][/quote]

Imagine adding Fulcher to that backfield. Wow.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='WildKat' post='469284' date='Apr 10 2007, 12:53 AM']I cant say I've ever seen the guy play in actual game, but I got a few old NFL films Bengal highlight videos from the early 70's and Lemar Parrish is thee human highlight reel. The man did everything. If I remember correctly he returned a kick, an interception, and a blocked field goal all for touchdowns in a single game. Why no love for the man? [b]Did he suck the other 50% of the time he was playing?[/b] Can any older fans fill me in, by the time I was conceived with was no longer with the Bengals.[/quote]

No, he actually went to the Pro Bowl [b]EIGHT[/b] times. He was the Deion Sanders of his time. 13 return TDs in his career (PR, KR, INT, FUM, BLK)

Archived