Josh Hamilton gets his first start in CF tonight

CTA513

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='470090' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:46 PM']Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to post. <_<

:D

I think I'm starting to agree with you that we should go with a platoon with Freel and Hamilton in CF. But since that makes sense I doubt Narron does it.

Also I'd say Conine has been very professional looking as well but the rest of the lineup has had issues. It's the most frustrating with young guys like Encarnacion and Phillips where you know they can be great hitters but other times they aren't disciplined at all up there.

Hey, look at this, the D-Backs can lay down a sacrifice bunt with no outs, that's another thing we couldn't do today.[/quote]
i like phillips ABs. i think he does good.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='470090' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:46 PM']Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to post. <_<

:D

I think I'm starting to agree with you that we should go with a platoon with Freel and Hamilton in CF. But since that makes sense I doubt Narron does it.

Also I'd say Conine has been very professional looking as well but the rest of the lineup has had issues. It's the most frustrating with young guys like Encarnacion and Phillips where you know they can be great hitters but other times they aren't disciplined at all up there.

Hey, look at this, the D-Backs can lay down a sacrifice bunt with no outs, that's another thing we couldn't do today.[/quote]

I dont even say platoon them, I say start hamilton at CF, and play freel 3-4 times a week at any of the OF positions or 2nd or 3rd. Hamilton needs the at bats, and freel plays better when he is the "super sub".

I dont even care if Hamilton doesnt have the experience that Freel has, the only way he will reach his full potential is by playing a lot.

I would guarantee hamilton the rookie of the year in the nl if we made hiim starting CF.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470100' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:55 PM']I dont even say platoon them, I say start hamilton at CF, and play freel 3-4 times a week at any of the OF positions or 2nd or 3rd. Hamilton needs the at bats, and freel plays better when he is the "super sub".

I dont even care if Hamilton doesnt have the experience that Freel has, the only way he will reach his full potential is by playing a lot.

I would guarantee hamilton the rookie of the year in the nl if we made hiim starting CF.[/quote]
phillips, dunn, edwin better not lose ABs to Freel. Fuck freel. Bench him, trade him i dont care.

on another note maybe griffey will stop blowing the fat cock

nope, still blowing the fat cock.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470098' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:53 PM']i like phillips ABs. i think he does good.[/quote]

He was great last night and he's been great in the past. Same with Edwin really, we know how well he does with runners in scoring position. It's just that they can be frustrating at times. Really that's the case with most young hitters which is why Hamilton is so impressive.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470100' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:55 PM']I dont even say platoon them, I say start hamilton at CF, and play freel 3-4 times a week at any of the OF positions or 2nd or 3rd. Hamilton needs the at bats, and freel plays better when he is the "super sub".[/quote]

I'd agree but first of all I know Narron would never do it so it's not really worth thinking about, and secondly I'd like to see him work his way up in a sense, and earn the full time starting job after being placed in a platoon setup. I guess what I'm trying to say is making him the full-time starter right now would be moving a little too quickly, especially after the organization said Freel would be the full-time CF this year.

Well that was a shitty half-inning

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470085' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:43 PM']thats Thom Bren. noob. he is right. And Hamilton is our most professional looking batter. He has a great eye and actually takes smart pitches.[/quote]

Thom Brenamen is more annoying than his dad

A-men, i understand that freel isnt as good of a hitter as EE or Phillips or anyone for that matter, but his hustle does pay off sometimes especially in the field. He would be good when he is playing about 3 times a week. Also EE, Phillips, Dunn and Griff and hell even hamilton will need days off.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470079' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:27 PM']No offense bengalsfreak, and I dont really know anything about you so pardon me if im way off here...

but in the chris henry thread you were bashing a guy completely for all of his arrests and all that shit he has done, but now you are praising a guy that almost killed himself from a drug addiction where he almost blew his career similar to what henry may be in the process of doing.

once again not trying to tell you what to think or what you should think, it just seems a lil hypocritical in the ways you treated hamilton and henry.[/quote]

Yes, I am praising a guy who served his suspension (much longer than 8 games/weeks), got clean, found god, and has his life back on track. Thanks for noticing!

Henry can be the same story, but he's got a long way to go.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='470117' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:09 AM']Yes, I am praising a guy who served his suspension (much longer than 8 games/weeks), got clean, found god, and has his life back on track. Thanks for noticing!

Henry can be the same story, but he's got a long way to go.[/quote]

alright, legit.

Not with regards to you but in general, I just think its funny how some people (myself included) would rather see a guy like hamilton( who had a promising career and almost ruined it for being an idiot and getting into drugs) do well, then a guy that never had any problems and is a model citizen. Hamilton is the "feel good story of the year" so far, even though he was the one that almost blew it. Im one of those that would love to see him do well, and i dont understand why I would rather see him do well then a guy that might be a model citizen and doesnt get into trouble.

Word. :)

I was extremely apprehensive about Hamilton at first, but the more ya hear about him, the easier he is to like...hence the ovation he got on opening day. I hope/pray that Henry follows a similar path and I will be the FIRST to stand up and applaud him.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='470108' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:02 AM']Thom Brenamen is more annoying than his dad[/quote]
if anyone on this site would rip the Brennamens, i figured it would be u. :rant:

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470113' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:04 AM']A-men, i understand that freel isnt as good of a hitter as EE or Phillips or anyone for that matter, but his hustle does pay off sometimes especially in the field. He would be good when he is playing about 3 times a week. Also EE, Phillips, Dunn and Griff and hell even hamilton will need days off.[/quote]
Dunn doesnt need days off. He plays nearly 162 every year. Hamilton doesnt really need days off either. Im sick of guys getting so many days off. The only guys that shouldnt play a TON is Griffey, our 1B, Catchers, and Freel. Everyone else should put in 152+

hamilton has the best eye on this fucking team and he hasnt played forever.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470130' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:24 AM']if anyone on this site would rip the Brennamens, i figured it would be u. :rant:
Dunn doesnt need days off. He plays nearly 162 every year. Hamilton doesnt really need days off either. Im sick of guys getting so many days off. The only guys that shouldnt play a TON is Griffey, our 1B, Catchers, and Freel. Everyone else should put in 152+

he has the best eye on this fucking team and he hasnt played forever.[/quote]

k they might not need days off, but im sure they can help...

either way i agree with you that hamilton needs a lot more playing time and i would prefer if it were in CF.

Dunn, Griffey, Encarnacion due up

When your 3, 4, and 5 hitters are due up aren't you supposed to feel good about your chances to score a run? Our 3, 4, and 5 are a combined 1 for 12 today. Dunn had that HR though, maybe this guy will give him a pitch to go yard with.

Wow a base hit by Dunn instead of a strikeout, good work by him.

Guest CincyInDC

I'm here bitchez...are you ready to drop one?

:ninja:

men on 1st and 2nd...no outs...if the Red Legs can't make something out of that, we should all just give up on the home boys.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='whodey24k' post='470149' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:38 AM'][b]If hamilton continues to start, the reds will be having a josh hamilton tire pressure gauge giveaway.[/b] Move over bobble heads there is a new collectors item in town.[/quote]
am i missing the joke? :huh:

Archived