***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

I don't know if I should feel good that UC came back and played great in the second half or discouraged because they were so bad against a not very good team to begin with. I had high expectations for this team, but so far they suck. They aren't playing close to their talent.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1325541333' post='1083352']
6-0 with wins against a 9-1 Oklahoma team and at #22 Pitt without Gates and Cheikh. 4 Guard offense is working nicely right now...wonder how Yancy's return will impact the chemistry this team's built in his absence.
[/quote]

I followed online tonight. Gates had decent numbers, but have to imagine him being on the court slows the tempo

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1325730663' post='1084421']
I followed online tonight. Gates had decent numbers, but have to imagine him being on the court slows the tempo
[/quote]

Surprisingly, it did not. Gates flowed with the game tempo and the team as opposed to trying to play the way he did before the suspension. This team right now is focused and the chemistry is off the charts. Gates, as well as Cheikh have been practicing with the team this whole time so it's not like they're "new" to this new scheme...just haven't had game experience. Now they have...beating ND by 16 is a good night. Theyre still a pretty good team without Abromaitis.

I'm excited about the rest of the year....they've got a 7 game win streak going and have started B-East play 2-0. The freshman are starting to get more and more comfortable, especially Davis. They play Georgetown in a week or so, that will tell us a bit more about this team as Georgetown is pretty good, again, this year.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1325781004' post='1084599']

Surprisingly, it did not. Gates flowed with the game tempo and the team as opposed to trying to play the way he did before the suspension. This team right now is focused and the chemistry is off the charts. Gates, as well as Cheikh have been practicing with the team this whole time so it's not like they're "new" to this new scheme...just haven't had game experience. Now they have...beating ND by 16 is a good night. Theyre still a pretty good team without Abromaitis.

I'm excited about the rest of the year....they've got a 7 game win streak going and have started B-East play 2-0. The freshman are starting to get more and more comfortable, especially Davis. They play Georgetown in a week or so, that will tell us a bit more about this team as Georgetown is pretty good, again, this year.
[/quote]

We should go to a home game B)

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1325817392' post='1084845']

We should go to a home game B)
[/quote]

Not this Saturday vs St John, but the next home game is Saturday Jan 14 vs Villanova at 12noon. It's a Saturday....we can go to that one if you want or wait until the next game after that...vs #1 Syracuse on Monday Jan 23 at 7pm. Pick either one of those games and we can go.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1325821889' post='1084854']
did anyone notice that the big O made his first appearance at 5/3 this year? I used to love that guy. Then I met him(major A hole),saw him on espn with stepen a smith(racist),realized that he quit going to home games untill the team started winning.
[/quote]

Yeah, Oscar has never really liked the Mick hiring and he is a total douchebag in real life.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1326030320' post='1087032']
I'll do the monday game. Is that cool?
[/quote]

Hell yeah....Syracuse will be ranked #1...should be a good game. I'll look into getting some tickets.

Nice game for Kilpatrick and Dixon....beating #11 Georgetown at their place for the 4th time in 5 tries is nice.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1326218067' post='1088155']

Hell yeah....Syracuse will be ranked #1...should be a good game. I'll look into getting some tickets.

Nice game for Kilpatrick and Dixon....beating #11 Georgetown at their place for the 4th time in 5 tries is nice.
[/quote]

I have a budy that wants to join and his wife can get tickets for cheap.