***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1330140830' post='1098950']
great win last night. looking at the standings, even if they lose out I think they'd be in unless all 5 teams directly behind them win out. They are pretty safe being 5th in the Big East which typically takes what, 10-11 teams now to the dance?
[/quote]

No less than 8 this year for sure.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1330115058' post='1098809']
After last night, unless they lose out, I think they are in.
[/quote]

I honestly think they have to win out vs Marquette and Villanova to be a lock. The RPI and schedule strength will work against UC even though they have 5 wins vs the top 50. Also, the bad losses vs Presbyterian and Marshall at home will work against them even though they were at the beginning of the year. They look like a tournament team to me though.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1331262224' post='1103742']
Yancy Gates is a manchild. If he plays like that the rest of march, I think UC could do a elite 8 run.
[/quote]

IF he keeps playing like that, and they shoot better than 9% from 3 point land.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1331299594' post='1103798']

IF he keeps playing like that, and they shoot better than 9% from 3 point land.
[/quote]

But even so, they shot 9%, and Kilpatrick (leading scorer) had a horrible game, yet they beat a damn good Georgetown team. If Yancy keeps playing the way he is as does Parker, with the strong guard play, I think UC could be a very dangerous team in the tourney, where guard play rules. I think Yancy senses the urgency and is playing like he wants to achieve something significant while he has a chance. I think Yancy goes down in UC basketball history as one of the top 5 most important recruits. With his help, UC has been able to build a program from where it was when Huggs left.

Dixon needs to step his game up though...he's so inconsistent except for the free throw line, where he consistently hits 1 of 2. He's also a senior, I wish the urgency takes a hold of him also but he's too timid I think. His game suffers from his timidness.

I think Georgetown makes a nice run in the tournament also. They have all the necessary ingredients to.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1331340297' post='1104051']
UC is making it rain 3's on Syracuse right now :o
[/quote]
[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1331340456' post='1104053']

damn... 8-10.... keep it up boys....
[/quote]

Y'all had to mention it. They haven't made one since.