***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1332177716' post='1108964']
NICE! Back to the Sweet 16...it's been a while. Mick Cronin really has done a marvelous job at UC despite my reservations about him when he first got the job.

OSU vs UC....can't wait.
[/quote]

Its gonna be a good one. Bars should be packed tonight, all the buckeye basketball "fans" will be out in full force. Should be a crazy atmosphere all over town.

Not assuming a win or a loss at this point. But will making the sweet 16 and beating Florida State (not to mention Syracuse in the BE tourney) be enough to get UC ranked in the final poll?

Normally I would say yes, but voters just don't seem to like us this year.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1332445344' post='1110572']
Not assuming a win or a loss at this point. But will making the sweet 16 and beating Florida State (not to mention Syracuse in the BE tourney) be enough to get UC ranked in the final poll?

Normally I would say yes, but voters just don't seem to like us this year.
[/quote]

We were ranked the 9th best team in the Sweet 16. Out of all the Sweet 16 teams, only 5 teams have more wins over Top 50 opponents than UC. Syracuse and UK are 1 - 2 and we beat Syracuse...when they had Fab Melo. SO nervous/anxious/excited about this game

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332444212' post='1110557']
Its gonna be a good one. Bars should be packed tonight, all the buckeye basketball "fans" will be out in full force. Should be a crazy atmosphere all over town.
[/quote]

Ha.....yeah the city should be lively tonight. I'll be watching the game from the couch at home....damn 9:45 start times and my lack of foresight to schedule tomorrow off. I may just take a sick day tomorrow if UC wins. If they lose, I'll come to work and be miserable like any other day.

Either way, Bart Scott and I feel the same about tonight:

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1772373_o.gif[/img]

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1350068855' post='1169406']
Well, practice starts today. UC is ranked 18 by the Sporting News. This team should be deep and fast with a shot blocker in case teams break the press. Should be a fun team to watch this year.
[/quote]

Can't believe practice starts already...baseball playoffs, NFL, college football and now college basketball and NBA coming in very shortly....awesome if you're a sportsfan.

Are you familiar with the team this year Jason? Did you hear about the 7'2" Sudanese player Mick signed? Mick said if he was a J.C. transfer, he would have been the #1 ranked JC player in the country. Cash with a healthy knee, Killa, Jumping Jack....some really likeable players on the team. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love me some college basketball.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice...they're not ranked in the coach's poll I don't believe. Mick's been using that to motivate his players and it seems they're taking to it. Cash was interviewed and he was talking about how we don't care where we're ranked in October...it's March/April that matters.

I've heard Kilpatrick rarely misses in practice, team is in tremendous shape, practicing like it's mid season and the addition of Shaq Thomas and Narsyuk (sp?) will help the low post. Another exciting team that will play fast tempo, hard nose defense. Let's hope the offense is there.