***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

That's nice for SK.  Finally some love. 

But clearly we see why Napier was AAC Player of the Year.....that guy is GOOD.   Better than Kilpatrick by far in terms of skill and athleticism....he has a great mind for basketball...crazy instincts with Napier.  Love watching him play....he's Kemba Walker-ish in how clutch he can be. 

• 7 months later...

Troy is playing well.  Cobb when he is hot can shoot from anywhere. Ellis is usually close to a double double every game.  But the guy I am really liking is Gary Clark.  He does several things well and before the year is over he will be the best all around player on the team.

And it's nice to finally have a team with several good free throw shooters, including Octavius Ellis.

Nice.  I had high hopes for Octavius Ellis....hopefully he can come close to triple doubles at times with blocks....he's so long. 

I knew Gary Clark was going to impress, his HS videos showed a damn good player, an NBA prospect for sure.  Heard many good things about him from the get go.  If recruiting rankings were given at the end of summer....he would have been top 50 easily.

Have high hopes for Caupain as well....and Cobb hopefully can be the Tony Bobbitt kinda player who, if on that night, can hit from anywhere.  

I'm excited to get back to the States so I can watch games in HD on my tv instead of trying to catch them on shitty russian sites.  

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I like the fire, but he needs to get it under control.  I just wish Clark would play like that every night.

He's a freshman, he'll become more consistent as he gains more experience, comfort.  Love his game though.  He does so much that doesn't show up in stat lines.

I like how Caupain is maturing though.  He realizes he needs to take the ball strong to the hoop vs settling for jumpers.  He's very good at finishing lately.   

UC's defense is smothering. Great game for them last night.

Their offense can be hard to watch at times, but you're right.....their defensive intensity/awareness are very good.  Mick would be proud of their effort last night.  Most guys at least.  Octavius Ellis needs to step his effort up and not be so dumb at times.  

Such a young team too.