***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

Can you imagine not being able to do what you love, the thing you were doing only 2 months ago?  Was taken away quickly from Mick, feel badly for him but these sorts of things tend to really allow a person to mature even further and grow as a person, which I hope occurs with Mick.  He's a good guy.  

Huge game tonight at SMU, who has been hot as any team in college bball not named UK or Gonzaga.  Got stomped there last year, I expect a better game this year but without Mick coaching against Larry Brown, I don't see a win.  Caupain and KJ will have to be HUGE if they expect to win in Dallas.   

Huge win, needed it badly.  Caupain is progressing nicely and inserting Jermaine Sanders into the starting lineup instead of a wildly inconsistent Shaq Thomas has been brilliant by Larry Davis.  42 pts in the 2nd half after 20 in the first even though they shot 64% in the 1st half (more turnovers than shots).  

Now to take care of business the rest of the way.  There isn't a game that isn't winnable.  

With only 2 seniors on the team they have a chance to be really good next season.

Who's the other senior besides Sanders?  Why am I drawing a blank?  

Doesn't even matter.....because Sanders' contributions won't be very difficult at all to replace as he's not a unique skills guy.  Their top scorers, rebounders, shot blockers, shooters, defenders will be back next year while adding a true PG in Justin Jennifer and a badass in Jacob Evans.  

Oh....Guyn....the other Sr.  He may be back on a medical red-shirt but he's not a key contributor either.....so the 2 Sr's that are leaving will have really no negative impact as far as trying to replace their contribution.  

Caupain's continued development and adjustment to playing the 2 guard at times next year will be interesting to keep an eye on.  

But before that....there's a big game tonight as UC tries to make a run to end the year as best as possible for a good tourney seed.  

Watching them dismantle Tulane at work, but even so they don't look that impressive. I haven't had a chance to catch many games this year. Are they just young?

Their starting lineup consists of:

19 yr old Sophomore PG, sophomore SG OR Junior Jr college transfer SG, Junior Small Fwd, Freshman Power Fwd, Junior Jr college transfer Center.  

Their starting lineup consists of:

19 yr old Sophomore PG, sophomore SG OR Junior Jr college transfer SG, Junior Small Fwd, Freshman Power Fwd, Junior Jr college transfer Center.  

That's what it looked like. Decent athletes but tentative, and kind of soft. They will grow into a fine team it looks like to me.