***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

[quote name='Jason' post='619058' date='Jan 5 2008, 01:50 AM']There is a HUGE difference in playing for Western Carolina in the Southern Conference, and playing in the Big East.[/quote]

As I said in my post, I think ideally he would be a good role player who can score when given the opportunity. He's not going to be a superstar by any means but he was recruited to UC and the B-EAST initially by Huggins.............I guess we'll see next year how he turns out. I'm still leaning in favor of this transfer but for some reason, am not quite sure yet.....don't know why.

Big game today for the Bearcats...@ St. John's. The cats have a very good shot at a W today which would put them in the envyable (sp?) position of starting out with two ROAD wins in the BigEAST with four of our next five games coming at home.

Cats need to take it one game at a time...

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='619155' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:13 AM']Big game today for the Bearcats...@ St. John's. The cats have a very good shot at a W today which would put them in the envyable (sp?) position of starting out with two ROAD wins in the BigEAST with four of our next five games coming at home.

Cats need to take it one game at a time...[/quote]

Cats go down, 70-58.

^_^

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='619336' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:22 PM']Cats go down, 70-58.

^_^[/quote]

I wish we could become as succesful a program as Dayton ........ :boring:

This Bearcat team is young and inconcistent which is kinda redundant.......they'll struggle more often than not this year but next year with a true PG who can also score and a 6'8" man child playing PF along with McClaine at C, should be able to do some damage.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='619531' date='Jan 6 2008, 01:10 AM']I wish we could become as succesful a program as Dayton ........ :boring:

This Bearcat team is young and inconcistent which is kinda redundant.......they'll struggle more often than not this year but next year with a true PG who can also score and a 6'8" man child playing PF along with McClaine at C, should be able to do some damage.[/quote]

who are these true PGs and man child you speak of?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='619722' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:08 PM']who are these true PGs and man child you speak of?[/quote]

Cashmere Wright, ultra quick PG who can score........6'0" 185 lbs and 6'8" Yancy Gates who has an NBA body right now playing in high school. Both should start immediately next year. Wright ranked at #46 (top ten PG) and Gates at #24 in the latest top 150 rankings.

Look for a SG to also sign who is ranked in the top 50.

Good win against Syracuse tonight.......

On the negative side, Adam H is regressing each and every game and should be backup only status in a couple more weeks as Biggie McClaine gets his feet and legs under him. Good to see Alvin Mitchell play also, he's had tendinitis (can't remember where) but he's been struggling shooting the ball......maybe this is the reason. When he gets healthy, watch out because he can flat out score. Nice to see the Bearcats playing so hard again. That's what we're used to from a UC team ........ 2-1 in the Big East with wins at Louisville and against Syracuse.....not too shabby. They should get better and better as the freshmen mature.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='626292' date='Jan 24 2008, 02:01 AM'][img]http://www.uconnhuskies.com/AllStories/MBasketball/2008/01/23/AP080123035133.jpg[/img]

:wave:[/quote]

You can thank the refs for last night's game.......they were atrocious!!!

It was a good game though and UC is starting to get back to being respectable after the horrible situation Cronin faced last year. Just need to mature a little more and I think we will be in the upper half of the league for years to come. Next years team is going to be good......very good.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='626677' date='Jan 25 2008, 12:56 AM']2007 Big East Football Champs :wave:[/quote]

Leave West Virginia out of this.

Let's be honest now. If UConn are Big East champs, then they are at best paper champions, to borrow Lee Flowers's phrase. The Big East's conference bowl record would've looked better this year if the selection committees hadn't skewed the order. UC would've had a better chance against Wake Forest, and possibly Oregon, than the teams picked instead. UConn probably could've handled So. Miss. It all comes down to the fact that people around here have other things to do besides watch the Bearcats if they aren't doing well, and they thus haven't traveled in the past to the motor city or international bowls.

[quote name='#22' post='628597' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:44 PM']2 Questions:
1.) How much of the low shooting % was just a cold night for WVU, and how much of it was UC's Defense?
2.) Did Huggins manage to stay classy?[/quote]

1. I'd say it was 50/50. WVU did miss a lot of open shots, but UC did a good job overall of guarding their man, and UC outrebounded them bigtime.
2. From what I saw.

[img]http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/01/1120_1201785751.jpg[/img]

[b]Wear it well?[/b]
In his yellow suit and shoes...Bob Huggins looked like? ______
*Wayne Newton
*A big bannana
*A pimp
*Century 21 real estate agent
*Flavor Flav
*Mike Myers as Goldmember in Austin Powers
*American Idol contestant
*NBA lottery pick
*Ted- The Man in the Yellow Hat from Curious george
*Big Twinkie
*Sponge Bog
*#2 pencil
*Big Bird

[img]http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/01/1120_1201786499.JPG[/img]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

:rofl: