***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

• 3 weeks later...
As this team grows together and matures, chemistry is formed.....watch out.......they're very talented. I think next year when Cashmere comes back from his injury and Yancy has a year under his belt, Riek gets used to playing ball gain, they will be a top 25 team easily if not top 15. Mick's proven to be a good recruiter, hope his X's and O's get better quickly.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='724801' date='Nov 17 2008, 01:47 AM']talk about memories, here are some of my favorites.....

this was the year Duke was #1[/quote]

Man, that Melvin Levett dunk was insane.......the human helicopter. Good memories fo sho. I remember watching Duke vs UC at Willie's in Montgomery with a group of like 20 friends and that whole place went nuts after that play. Executed that play perfectly. I think William Avery hit a halfcourt shot and Duke thought they won the game but he shot it too late, barely.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='731468' date='Dec 10 2008, 04:20 PM']Man, that Melvin Levett dunk was insane.......the human helicopter. Good memories fo sho. I remember watching Duke vs UC at Willie's in Montgomery with a group of like 20 friends and that whole place went nuts after that play. Executed that play perfectly. I think William Avery hit a halfcourt shot and Duke thought they won the game but he shot it too late, barely.[/quote]

Melvin sure was fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

[b][size=7]FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!![/size][/b]

I was watching the UC game on Fox Sports and at 8:30 they cut away from the game for the blue jackets pre-game show. I missed the fucking end of the game for a FUCKING pre-game show for a team I don't give a flying fuck about and a game I can't fucking watch anyway since I don't have the NHL package.

What the fuck!!!
:rant: :rant: :rant: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :angry: :angry: :angry:

[quote name='Jason' post='733893' date='Dec 20 2008, 08:55 PM'][b][size=7]FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!![/size][/b]

I was watching the UC game on Fox Sports and at 8:30 they cut away from the game for the blue jackets pre-game show. I missed the fucking end of the game for a FUCKING pre-game show for a team I don't give a flying fuck about and a game I can't fucking watch anyway since I don't have the NHL package.

What the fuck!!!
:rant: :rant: :rant: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote]
Being a Bengals fan as you are, UC losing should rank low on your radar.......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jason' post='742994' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:52 PM']Way to go tonight Cats! Win over Georgetown!

Woo Hoo![/quote]

One more time! A win AT Georgetown is a good win. Even if G was struggling.

If UC gets to 20 wins in the Big East, they should make the tournament. And they have 4 more winnable games, and they might be able to win at least 1 conference tournament game as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Bad officiating and FT shooting and UC still prevails. I like what I see out of Yancy, he's an absolute monster down low and once he turns on the tenacity a bit more, he'll be unstoppable. He's 6'10 and is athletic as anyone on the team. He's going to get better and better.........good thing because UC will be without John Riek who prob wont ever play college basketball. That's unfortunate.

Now UC HAS to win the next 3 games in order to be considered favorably for the tourney. They're winnable games, although tough ones at Syracuse, at South Florida and finishing off at home vs Seton Hall.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[url="http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/28/prep-standout-stephenson-visits-cincinnati/?sports"]http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/28/p...cinnati/?sports[/url]

don't look know, but UC is about to sign one of the biggest peices of shit in the country.
My favorite Lance Stephenson moment: When asked about his young child and ex-girlfriend, he said that he is no longer paying attention to "off the court distractions."

I thought Huggins was gone?

[quote name='#22' post='782746' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:00 AM'][url="http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/28/prep-standout-stephenson-visits-cincinnati/?sports"]http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/28/p...cinnati/?sports[/url]

don't look know, but UC is about to sign one of the biggest peices of shit in the country.
My favorite Lance Stephenson moment: When asked about his young child and ex-girlfriend, he said that he is no longer paying attention to "off the court distractions."

I thought Huggins was gone?[/quote]

His court case is about to get thrown out due to his alleged victim waiting 3 days before reporting Stephenson "groping" her and there not being a witness to the alleged incident. Anyways, he doesn't seem to be the best human being in the world, but he's probably not as bad as he's made out to be either. He seems like a prima donna but if he can fit in with his teammates, he's a hell of a talent......

I'm sure UK has all choirboys on their roster as do a majority of NCAA college hoops teams, thus your need to interject your opinions in a UC thread.

[quote name='JC' post='782780' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:46 AM']Stephenson is a piece of shit. He is only going to kill team chemistry..and make UC worse. I guess he had to sign somewhere.[/quote]

He killed his HS team's chemistry so much that they won 4 state titles in his 4 yrs there. Playing in NY.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='782781' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:20 AM']He killed his HS team's chemistry so much that they won 4 state titles in his 4 yrs there. Playing in NY.[/quote]
If thats what you want to believe, thats fine. He isn't going to do anything for UC. They don't have much talent as it is. He isn't going to put them over the top. It's not like he is going to get along with anyone on the team either..

Lose-Lose in my opinion.

[quote name='JC' post='782782' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:02 PM']If thats what you want to believe, thats fine. He isn't going to do anything for UC. [b]They don't have much talent as it is[/b]. He isn't going to put them over the top. It's not like he is going to get along with anyone on the team either..

Lose-Lose in my opinion.[/quote]

Care to provide evidence to back up that assertion? I'll provide evidence to the contrary after you've posted......it'll be like a debate......YAY!

There bringing back two players that scored more than ten points a game..and they only won 8 games in the big east. Mostly against not very good teams.

They just aren't very good. Stephenson isn't going to put them over the top either. Maybe into the NIT.

[quote name='JC' post='782798' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:47 PM']There bringing back two players that scored more than ten points a game..and they only won 8 games in the big east. Mostly against not very good teams.

They just aren't very good. Stephenson isn't going to put them over the top either. Maybe into the NIT.[/quote]

That's a weak argument for proclaiming "they're not very talented"...........sure you don't want to amend your argument before I present a case for their talent? Remember, TALENT is the key word here.