***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='24 February 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1267055941' post='865186']
i would love if they went after a big name coach which im sure everyone wants that. i want us to be back on the map man. this was a Basketball college, now it's Football. don't get me wrong, im very happy with the football program and all, but we need to get our hoops back on son. i remember when i was a student and would stand in line for tickets and go see K-mart and Melvin go crazy out there. good ol days <_<
[/quote]

I remember those days too....... :(

• 2 weeks later...
One hell of a game tonight.
But.... why do u put in a kid that hasn't played all game and have him get the inbound pass and bring it up the floor?
How? Stupid coaching move. 6 seconds left and you give it to a cold Dixon off the bench and not Stephenson?
Stephenson was carrying this team the entire 2nd half, get him the ball and see what happens.

Bad coaching on that last play for sure.

Then huggies boys hit the miracle 3 and its all over.

A fitting ending to a disappointing Bearcat season... but at least the Flyers move on!

[img]http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/_sports/logos/ncaab/dayton_36t.png[/img][b][size="5"][url="http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/basketball/ncaab/game/Dayton_Cincinnati/2010/03/22"]Dayton 81, Cincinnati 66[/url][/size][/b][img]http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/_sports/logos/ncaab/cincinnati_36t.png[/img]
National Invitation Tournament - Second Round - Fifth Third Arena - Attendance: 6479

[img]http://www.google.com/hostednews/img/ap_logo.gif?hl=en[/img]
[img]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6587/45405826.jpg[/img]
Dayton forward Chris Wright (33) dunks
against Cincinnati forward Yancy Gates
(34) in the first half during a second-round
NIT college basketball game, Monday,
March 22, 2010 in Cincinnati. (AP
Photo/David Kohl)

6479? I'm surprised their arena is so tiny. Good thing 2500 UD fans came down to fill the place out.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Time to revive this thread. The team looks much more cohesive this year. Chemistry is HUGE in basketball and this team seems to have better chemistry with no "stars" as opposed to standing around and watching Lance and Deonta last year. I also love the hustle this year. Mick hopefully has grown as a coach.

Justin Jackson is my favorite Bearcat. Cashmere has improved nicely as has Dixon and Bishop. Bishop will be our MVP this year IMO. Add Yancy and Ibrahima and you've got a pretty decent roster.

Kilpatrick needs to work on allowing the game come to him as it seems as if he's pressing at times. Understandable for a freshman though. He'll gain more experience and settle down. He's a scorer.....we'll need him to do just that in B-EAST play.

So far this year, I like what I see as far as progression. And even though Oklahoma isn't as good as years past, they're still a nice team to play to gauge where you're at. Then Miami (OH) at Millet Hall and Crosstown Shootout. Should be fun.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1292426087' post='951021']
[b]Time to revive this thread.[/b] The team looks much more cohesive this year. Chemistry is HUGE in basketball and this team seems to have better chemistry with no "stars" as opposed to standing around and watching Lance and Deonta last year. I also love the hustle this year. Mick hopefully has grown as a coach.

Justin Jackson is my favorite Bearcat. Cashmere has improved nicely as has Dixon and Bishop. Bishop will be our MVP this year IMO. Add Yancy and Ibrahima and you've got a pretty decent roster.

Kilpatrick needs to work on allowing the game come to him as it seems as if he's pressing at times. Understandable for a freshman though. He'll gain more experience and settle down. He's a scorer.....we'll need him to do just that in B-EAST play.

So far this year, I like what I see as far as progression. And even though Oklahoma isn't as good as years past, they're still a nice team to play to gauge where you're at. Then Miami (OH) at Millet Hall and Crosstown Shootout. Should be fun.
[/quote]

I've been trying to do that since late October.

Welcome to the party!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1293599390' post='954861']
Dion Dixon has turned into a solid player, but Rashad Bishop has vanished the past few games.
[/quote]

That's the beautiful thing about this team. They have 8 or even 9 guys who could realistically lead the team in scoring on any given night. Jacquon Parker has gone from being a starter to being the 10th man. This team plays with energy and passion. They hustle like Huggins' teams and play their heart out. They're active on offense and defense. That's all anyone could ask of them.

UC should be 14-1 or 15-0 going into the heart of B-EAST play depending on the Xavier game. I think it will be 15-0.

Justin Jackson is going to be a fan favorite before the year's over. Incredible find for Mick.

Dion Dixon played all summer with NBA guys and his game reflects that. He gets to the hole and draws fouls consistently. With him, it's all about confidence as he's got the athleticism and skill.

Thomas isn't a bad player but he's a dumb player. He doesn't have basketball awareness. Makes sense though as he started playing later on in his childhood than 99% of kids. He's a face the basket player ........ unfortunately he's 6'11" and doesn't have any ball handling skills.

Thursday should be fun. Can't wait!

UC is finally ranked. Now they enter the killer portion of their schedule. After Xavier their next 4 games are at #7 Vilanova, S. Florida, at #4 Syracuse, and at #15 Notre Dame.

5 of our 8 games against ranked teams are on the road.