***Official UC Basketball Thread***

Khatmandude

[quote]@DickieV: Hoop fans better start to pay more attention to Cincy - also Tar Heel fans suffer again as Texas joins Butler & IU in dominating UNC .[/quote]

Is it weird that whenever I read something from Dickie V I read it in his voice in my head?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1356010974' post='1195771']
Is it weird that whenever I read something from Dickie V I read it in his voice in my head?
[/quote]

HAHAHA I do the same thing. It's more fun that way.

What a game last night...the energy was incredible...this usually leads to sloppy play which was the case in teh first half. Second half they settled down a bit and imposed their will on a clearly inferior Xavier team. The better team won tonight. I wish they would have played under control the first half as well....would have won by 30...which would have been even more awesome.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1356226485' post='1196402']
Nice second half.

With Ohio State and Illinois losing, UC should move into the top 10.
[/quote]

#8....I wish New Mexico would have stayed undefeated....it would have set up a top 15 matchup tonight. Speaking of.....4 tix to anyone who want them. Great seats. Free. I realize many people don't read this thread......maybe just Jason and I but if anyone sees this, they're available.

It will be a tough match up for sure....I was hoping NM would stay undefeated and ranked (they were #17) for tonight's game. They are a tough team coached by Steve Alford....he'll have them ready. I think UC is just too much for them though in the end and will wear NM down by middle of second half at worst. You can really see teams wearing down against the swarming defense in the 2nd half.

Should be fun.....football and basketball tonight!

They've gotta get a low post presence....can't win with your guards scoring 95% of the points. Offensive rhythm lacking severely. Holes in this team were exposed but they can also be filled. Hope they learn and improve.

That last play was an atrocious call by Mick. Horrible choice of play for that situation in the game.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1356732418' post='1200211']
David or Cheikh need to step up their offensive game, or they need to get Justin more involved inside. I said during the Xavier game they the missed Yancy's inside scoring ability.

And they lost the game on the free throw line.
[/quote]

They must have heard you because they each came up big at Pitt. Especially Nyarsuk...he had a span during the 2nd half where he .....dare I say...dominated. That's a stretch but he played very well and provided a huge spark.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah they were very sloppy last night. Maybe a 9 day break caused it? Anyways, Cash had a bad game and when Kilpatrick isn't hitting, the offense looks ugly at times. Titus Rubles is the wild card though....he can be very dangerous because he's such a mismatch and Shaq Thomas will also develop into that sort of guy as he's 6'7", athletic and can handle the ball and shoot it decently.

Hope the offense gets more efficient otherwise it's going to be tough to advance in the tourney.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1359985532' post='1212941']
Hopefully Jermaine Lawrence becomes the player Yancey Gates was supposed to be. The 5 star recruit committed to UC!
[/quote]

Jermaine and Yancy are two completely different players though. Lawrence is a 6'9" guard essentially with big man skills but he is VERY skinny and needs to add strength. He handles like a guard, can shoot the 3, can penetrate, make plays, rebound, pass......he's legit. He can do it all. Yancy was a PF or C only whereas Lawrence can play anywhere from 1 - 4. Can't play center but he's so versatile.

Him and Kilpatrick will be a nice 1 - 2 punch next year.