At least 32 (plus gunmen) dead in Virginia Tech Shooting

Chris Henrys Dealer

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='473021' date='Apr 16 2007, 02:52 PM']asian male with a 9mm and 16 round mags and vest with more clipped on to it was also in possession of a [s]DAO-12[/s] .22 took out ex girlfriend then sneaked over to take out rage elsewhere. cheating girlfriends lovers classroom perhaps? [b]cops were going into nearby buildings grabbing up all asian males. shooter killed self.[/b]...just some words on the skreets[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]WTF?[/b][/color] :huh:

AWESOME, so fox news has already started the grand theft auto blame game and the brady bill people have already begun saying a gun ban would have prevented this.

there is clearly no shame here, hell... the bodies arnt even cold yet.

^well, youve got an asian male running aroung killing 30+ people in a very small area, youve got to do something. ive got no problem with it. that bit of info comes from a students eyewitness stories and several collaborating photos out and about already.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='473036' date='Apr 16 2007, 03:17 PM']AWESOME, so fox news has already started the grand theft auto blame game and the brady bill people have already begun saying a gun ban would have prevented this.

^well, youve got an asian male running aroung killing 30+ people in a very small area, youve got to do something. ive got no problem with it. that bit of info comes from a students eyewitness stories and several collaborating photos out and about already.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I am just relieved the suspect wasn't black.

I lost a 100 dollar bet over the D.C. sniper thing. <_<

Anyway, if the suspect was Mexican, could you imagine the shit Fox would be starting now?[/b][/color]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='473036' date='Apr 16 2007, 02:17 PM']AWESOME, so fox news has already started the grand theft auto blame game and the brady bill people have already begun saying a gun ban would have prevented this.

^well, youve got an asian male running aroung killing 30+ people in a very small area, youve got to do something. ive got no problem with it. that bit of info comes from a students eyewitness stories and several collaborating photos out and about already.[/quote]

Both sides of the gun debate will try to make hay out of this. Opportunism is the food upon which the political animal feeds.

acts like this makes me sick to my stomach.

it sounds like va tech security/officials may have blew this one. first 911 call reported shortly after 7, while students wernt informed until 9 something. they figured it was a domestic violence case, and had thought the situation was contained. there is a disturbing video someone took with there cell phone inwhich you can here 27 shoots being fired, while the cops remained outside. cnn anyalist couldnt tell if they were from the gunner or the police.

[quote name='WildKat' post='473079' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:02 PM']acts like this makes me sick to my stomach.

it sounds like va tech security/officials may have blew this one. first 911 call reported shortly after 7, while students wernt informed until 9 something. they figured it was a domestic violence case, and had thought the situation was contained. there is a disturbing video someone took with there cell phone inwhich you can here 27 shoots being fired, while the cops remained outside. cnn anyalist couldnt tell if they were from the gunner or the police.[/quote]

I had understood that the cops remained outside because the gunner had chained the doors?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='473084' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:11 PM']I had understood that the cops remained outside because the gunner had chained the doors?[/quote]

i had not heard that, cnn has yet to mention anything of chained doors, not to say that is not true.

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138327/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138327/[/url]

[quote][b]7:15 a.m.: Gunfire reported[/b] - A gunman, apparently carrying two handguns, enters West Ambler Johnston Hall, a coed dormitory that houses 895 people, and opens fire.
At least one person is reported killed at the scene.

Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville, Va., tells MSNBC TV that the shooting started on the fourth floor of the dorm. She says a resident assistant knocked on her door about 8 a.m. to notify students to stay put.

[b]9:15 a.m.: Second onslaught[/b] - As police are investigating the first shooting, reports of a second shooting at Norris Hall, an engineering building about a half-mile away, are received.
[color="#FF0000"]Two law enforcement sources tell NBC News that the a gunman entered the classroom building and chained the doors shut, making it harder for students to get out -- or police outside to get in. [/color]

Campus Police Chief Wendell Flinchum later says that the gunman concluded the attack by taking his own life.

[b]9:26 a.m.: E-mail warning[/b] - Campus police send out an e-mail warning to faculty and students stating there has been a shooting at West Amber Johnston.
"Police are on the scene and are investigating," it says. "The university community is urged to be cautious and are asked to contact Virginia Tech Police if you observe anything suspicious or with information on the case."

[b]9:50 a.m.: 'A gunman is loose'[/b] - Campus authorities issue a second e-mail alert, warning, "A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows."

[b]10:15 a.m.: Banging heard[/b] - Tech student Steve Hanson tells the Associated Press that he was working in a lab in Norris Hall when he heard what he thought was loud banging from construction.

[b]10:16 a.m.: Another alert[/b] -
Campus authorites issue a third e-mail alert, saying that all classes have been canceled and restating that anyone on campus should "remain where there are, lock their doors and stay away from windows. Persons off campus are asked not to come to campus."

[b]10:52 a.m.:'Multiple victims'[/b] - Authorities send out a fourth e-mail alert stating "There has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall." It erroneously states that police are seeking a "second shooter" and warns that "all people in university buildings are required to stay inside until further notice. All entrances to campus are closed."

[b]Noon: Partial evacuation[/b] - Faculty and staff on two sides of the campus are evacuated and told to go home immediately, the Roanoke Times reports.

[b]12:15 p.m.: 'Monumental' tragedy[/b] - Virginia Tech President Charles W. Steger reads a statement at a news conference saying, "The university was struck today with a tragedy of monumental proportions." Police Chief Flinchum draws gasps when he announces that at least 21 people are dead.[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='473091' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:33 PM'][url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138327/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138327/[/url][/quote]

the cell-phone camera guy just said on cnn he noticed they were struggling to get in a door that is usually open, that must have been the chains.

[quote]BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a Virginia Tech dorm and then, two hours later, shot up a classroom building across campus Monday, killing 32 people in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history. The gunman committed suicide, bringing the death toll to 33.
Students bitterly complained that there were no public-address announcements on campus after the first burst of gunfire. Many said the first word they received from the university was an e-mail more than two hours into the rampage — around the time the gunman struck again.

Virginia Tech President Charles Steger said authorities believed that the shooting at the dorm was a domestic dispute and mistakenly thought the gunman had fled the campus.[/quote]

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_...a_tech_shooting[/url]

[quote name='sneaky' post='473042' date='Apr 16 2007, 03:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I am just relieved the suspect wasn't black.

I lost a 100 dollar bet over the D.C. sniper thing. <_<

Anyway, if the suspect was Mexican, could you imagine the shit Fox would be starting now?[/b][/color][/quote]

When I first heard the news, I thought: Marcus Vick.

And I'm so happy it wasn't a Mexican immigrant, though I can still imagine O'Reilly saying (about the Asian) "This wouldn't have happened if he wasn't here!"

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='473158' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:50 PM']When I first heard the news, I thought: Marcus Vick.

[b]
And I'm so happy it wasn't a Mexican immigrant, though I can still imagine O'Reilly saying (about the Asian) "This wouldn't have happened if he wasn't here!" [/b][/quote]

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

Guest BlackJesus

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][color="#4169E1"]Several Random thoughts thus far ... [/color]

~ I am actually surprised this sort of thing does not occur as often as it does. It is tragic yes ... but hell 33 corpses might be found shot in East LA in one month --- (remember they are minorities and could be gang members so who cares right?).

~ I would hope that people do not use this to make a case for gun control. Child safety locks or longer periods to purchase a hand gun probably will have no relevance to this case. Also if someone is crazy enough and wants to kill people they will find a way to do it.

~ Things like this make me think that there really isn't any kind of "terrorist" presence in the U.S. Just think of how easy it would be for 3 "Jihadists" to walk into a shopping mall from different entrances with automatic weapons and literally kill hundreds of people on the spot. That would cause sheer "terror". None of these fancy bombs or hijackings are necessary. If a terrorist wanted to "terrorize" all a group would have to do is have 5 men and have one of them go into a different elementary school each day for a week and shoot as many kids as possible. That would cause terror. How our society averts this kind of thing or prevents it is beyond me. I think it is just a necessary risk of living in a non totalitarian society.

~ I really hope the crazy shitbag that did this does not earn fame from it … although I fear he will. In the next week we will hear from his friends, family, the neighbor who he mowed the lawn for, and next we will hear about how he was molested as a boy scout by his uncle. :rolleyes: He might see the cover of Time and Newsweek and few of the victims tragically will.

~ Also I hope this doesn’t hurt VA Tech but I also fear it will. Now most of the nations knows of Va Tech and I believe they will sour from attending the school and such a stigma I believe is very hard to break. Which is a shame because Blacksburg looks like a cool little town and they have one of the best Engineering programs in the nation. [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473164' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:52 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][color="#4169E1"]Several Random thoughts thus far ... [/color]
~ I am actually surprised this sort of thing does not occur as often as it does. It is tragic yes ... but hell 33 corpses might be found shot in East LA in one month --- (remember they are minorities and could be gang members so who cares right?).
~ I would hope that people do not use this to make a case for gun control. Child safety locks or longer periods to purchase a hand gun probably will have no relevance to this case. Also if someone is crazy enough and wants to kill people they will find a way to do it.
~ Things like this make me think that there really isn't any kind of "terrorist" presence in the U.S. Just think of how easy it would be for 3 "Jihadists" to walk into a shopping mall from different entrances with automatic weapons and literally kill hundreds of people on the spot. That would cause sheer "terror". None of these fancy bombs or hijackings are necessary. If a terrorist wanted to "terrorize" all a group would have to do is have 5 men and have one of them go into a different elementary school each day for a week and shoot as many kids as possible. That would cause terror. How our society averts this kind of thing or prevents it is beyond me. I think it is just a necessary risk of living in a non totalitarian society.
~ I really hope the crazy shitbag that did this does not earn fame from it … although I fear he will. In the next week we will hear from his friends, family, the neighbor who he mowed the lawn for, and next we will hear about how he was molested as a boy scout by his uncle. :rolleyes: He might see the cover of Time and Newsweek and few of the victims tragically will.
~ Also I hope this doesn’t hurt VA Tech but I also fear it will. Now most of the nations knows of Va Tech and I believe they will sour from attending the school and such a stigma I believe is very hard to break. Which is a shame because Blacksburg looks like a cool little town and they have one of the best Engineering programs in the nation. [/b][/size][/font][/quote] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good post bj.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473140' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:32 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]this should be merged with the one in the J&D forum. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

sorry I did not know someone already did a thread on this my bad, Mod's merge it if you want

also this is very sad an to think they used email to alert students of possible harm, I think the president of VT might lose his job over this one

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][color="#A0522D"][size=3][b]* Also the media needs to quit saying this is the "Deadliest shooting in U.S. History".

For instance 300 Sioux were shot & killed in the massacre at Wounded Knee in 1890. [/b][/size][/color][/font]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='473160' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:50 PM']why?[/quote]
because you people are psycho over there and it turns a lot of people off from threads in there.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473164' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:52 PM']~ I am actually surprised this sort of thing does not occur as often as it does. It is tragic yes ... but hell 33 corpses might be found shot in East LA in one month --- (remember they are minorities and could be gang members so who cares right?).[/quote]
one day != one month

33/day = 1023/month

i am sure that would be news worthy as well

edit: never mind, i forgot... minorities dont make the news :rolleyes:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='473179' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:25 PM']one day != one month

33/day = 1023/month

i am sure that would be news worthy as well
edit: never mind, i forgot... minorities dont make the news :rolleyes:[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]My issue was not one of proportionality of deaths.

For instance in 2005 = 16,692 people were murdered in America. [url="http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm"]LINK[/url] = That would be more than 33 a day.

My issue was the overwhelming media attention that this event will get over the next 2 weeks ... in comparison to the murders/crimes also occuring nationwide during that same time.

Some U.S. inner cities are make shift war zones ... but the media only wakes up to violence when it occurs in a large spurt in schools. [/b][/size][/font]

Archived