At least 32 (plus gunmen) dead in Virginia Tech Shooting

Chris Henrys Dealer

[url="http://planetblacksburg.com/"]http://planetblacksburg.com/[/url]

A lone gunman entered West Ambler Johnston Hall on the campus of Virginia Tech and killed two people — one of them identified as Resident Advisor Ryan Clark— shortly after 7 Monday morning.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473222' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:30 PM'][color="#556B2F"][size=3][font="Arial Narrow"][b]Some reports are saying that the gunman lined up students against a wall and shot them execution style ...
My question to that would be = Who in the fuck would willingly stand up against a wall in a line of people and let themselves be shot in the head ?
IF TRUE ... Fuck that ... I was under the impression that in the "post 9/11" world that Americans had realized that when you are being hijacked or taken over by a crazed man etc = go out with a fight at least. [/b][/font][/size][/color][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. You also brought up a good point in an earlier post when you mentioned the actual real threat of terrorism within the U.S.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Ben' post='473367' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:28 AM']Man.. A lot of people are convinced this kid was a muslim and the "liberal media" is trying to cover this up by calling him asian. wtf is wrong w/ people?[/quote]

People create the truth they can swallow. Look at Stealers fans. If they actually accepted reality, they'd all be begging the world for forgiveness. :)

I think the only things to pay attention to right now are the concrete pieces of information. Too many agendas are trying to spin this for any hows or whys to get answered.

[quote name='Ben' post='473367' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:28 AM']Man.. A lot of people are convinced this kid was a muslim and the "liberal media" is trying to cover this up by calling him asian. wtf is wrong w/ people?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Well technically, people from India and Pakistan are Asians too. In this country, we tend more to
associate Asians with orientals.....people from Japan, China, Korea, etc. In Britian for example,
Asians with roots from primarily India and Pakistan, make up the countries' largest minority group.

Pakistan for the most part is pretty much a Muslim country, and India's main three religions,
consist of Muslims, Hindus, and Sihks, but is mostly run by Hindus. The Hindus and Muslims do
not like each other, thus Pakistan and India hate each other.

Anyway, back to your point......it is possible that the kid was Asian and Muslim. But I think the
media is being very careful that it does not want to imply that this was a "Islamic Terrorist" act,
because evidence is still being sought and the suspects' family could sue their asses if they are
wrong.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='473378' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:50 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Well technically, people from India and Pakistan are Asians too. In this country, we tend more to
associate Asians with orientals.....people from Japan, China, Korea, etc. In Britian for example,
Asians with roots from primarily India and Pakistan, make up the countries' largest minority group.

Pakistan for the most part is pretty much a Muslim country, and India's main three religions,
consist of Muslims, Hindus, and Sihks, but is mostly run by Hindus. The Hindus and Muslims do
not like each other, thus Pakistan and India hate each other.

Anyway, back to your point......it is possible that the kid was Asian and Muslim. But I think the
media is being very careful that it does not want to imply that this was a "Islamic Terrorist" act,
because evidence is still being sought and the suspects' family could sue their asses if they are
wrong.[/b][/color][/quote]

Dammit...i sent this before i jumped in the car to drive to work and on the way in i realized i did not clarify! damn you sneaky!!! but yeah, I meant middle eastern muslim.

I think in the southwestern part of china there is a population of muslims.

Guest BlackJesus
[size=3][quote name='Ben' post='473367' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:28 AM']Man.. [b]A lot of people are convinced this kid was a muslim[/b] and the "liberal media" is trying to [b]cover this up by calling him asian.[/b] wtf is wrong w/ people?[/quote][/size]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Actually both could be true.

Asia as a continent has a Muslim population of over 1 billion people more than any other continent.

The most populous Islamic nation on Earth is Indonesia (in SE Asia) with a Muslim population of 213,469,356.

The vast majority of the Muslims on Earth are in fact "Asians" and technically the Middle East is also in Asia (thus an Iraqi would be Asian).

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country[/url]

The problem lies in the fact that people use "Asian" to imply Oriental or "Chinese/Japanese" looking. = Slanted eye guys from the kung fu movies to put it crudely. Thus when the students describe the shooter as being "Asian" they most likely in fact mean "Oriental" or Chinese, Japanese, Korean looking etc. [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473384' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:56 AM'][size=3][/size]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Actually both could be true.

Asia as a continent has a Muslim population of over 1 billion people more than any other continent.

The most populous Islamic nation on Earth is Indonesia (in SE Asia) with a Muslim population of 213,469,356.

The vast majority of the Muslims on Earth are in fact "Asians" and technically the Middle East is also in Asia (thus an Iraqi would be Asian).

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country[/url]
The problem lies in the fact that people use "Asian" to imply Oriental or "Chinese/Japanese" looking. = Slanted eye guys from the kung fu movies to put it crudely. Thus when the students describe the shooter as being "Asian" they most likely in fact mean "Oriental" or Chinese, Japanese, Korean looking etc. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

i know...i know... i clarified myself. The kid was here on a student visa from China.

People are upset that the media is not reporting this kid as a middle eastern jihadist trying to burn bibles

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#4169E1"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]sneaky great minds think alike .... I sent my message before seeing yours. :afropic: [/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473386' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:58 AM'][color="#4169E1"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]sneaky great minds think alike .... I sent my message before seeing yours. :afropic: [/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

:thumbsup:

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='Ben' post='473385' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:58 AM']i know...i know... i clarified myself. The kid was here on a student visa from China.

People are upset that the media is not reporting this kid as a middle eastern jihadist trying to burn bibles[/quote]

What people are you talking about? People where you work, something on cnn or fox'news'?

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='473391' date='Apr 17 2007, 09:08 AM']What people are you talking about? People where you work, something on cnn or fox'news'?[/quote]

some people at work and lots of people on the internet tubes. Dont watch cnn/foxnews or listen to talk radio.

i dont know if anyone went to ohio state in 2001 but i lived on the 3rd floor of Stradley Hall when this happened. It was nuts because we were all in our rooms and the room this was in was 2 floors above mine in the exact same spot. You could see snipers on the building across the parking lot and swat guys all over our dorm. When the kid shot himself and the flashbang went off it scared the shit out of everyone and i own and shoot guns all the time.

I couldnt imagine what it would be like for shots to be going off for hours. But stuff does happen on campuses like this, this just happened to be the rediculously huge.

[quote]Residence hall Stand-off ends when gunman shoots self
No Ohio State students injured
COLUMBUS -- A 21-year-old Detroit man who held police at bay for five hours is in OSU Medical Center with life-threatening injuries after shooting himself in an Ohio State University residence hall about 3:05 p.m. today. His name is being withheld pending notification of relatives.

The man had spent the weekend at Stradley Hall, 138 W. 11th Ave., as the guest of a female resident of the fifth floor. The man apparently became despondent when the friend asked him to leave this morning, as planned. When the man waved a gun and threatened to harm himself, the woman reported the situation to hall staff. Staff then immediately called University Police at 10:18 a.m. At no time did he threaten the woman or any other Ohio State students.

Vernon Baisden, assistant vice president for public safety, said University Police responded with the special response team, a SWAT-trained group of officers. University Police also evacuated all residents of the fifth, as well as the fourth and sixth floors of Stradley, and blocked off pedestrian and vehicular traffic in areas within pistol range of the room’s window. Emergency Medical Services personnel from Columbus Division of Fire were on the scene throughout the crisis.

University Police negotiators attempted to persuade the man to disarm and offered the university’s counseling services. The man’s father spoke with his son by phone as he drove down from Detroit to assist in the negotiations. Two counselors from the university’s Counseling and Consultation Services advised police and offered support to hall staff and residents.

At 3:05 p.m. police heard a gunshot from inside the room. They waited a few minutes and then activated a temporary disorienting device known as a “flash bang” so they could enter the room safely. They found the man lying on a bed with a gunshot wound to the head.

“Obviously, this was a tragic situation,” Baisden said. “We took appropriate precautions to protect our students, so they were not in any danger throughout this situation. The hall staff and the residents of Stradley, as well as University Police, are to be commended for their composure and professional response under tremendous pressure. Our concern was for this young man, and we are very sorry we were unable to persuade him to take another course of action.”

University Police are in the process of an entire crime scene analysis, including interviewing witnesses to establish the facts in the case.

Stradley Hall was reopened to all residents shortly after the incidents. The residents of the women’s wing of the fifth floor will spend the night at the Fawcett Center while police wrap up their investigation.[/quote]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473393' date='Apr 17 2007, 09:11 AM']What's next up on the shock-o-meter? Raping infants in a daycare center?[/quote]

[center][img]http://www.stmaryorthodoxchurch.org/images/frantony.jpg[/img]

[size=3][i]"For your information ... it was mutual"[/i][/size]

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: [/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473398' date='Apr 17 2007, 09:24 AM'][center][img]http://www.stmaryorthodoxchurch.org/images/frantony.jpg[/img]

[size=3][i]"For your information ... it was mutual"[/i][/size]
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: [/center][/quote]

There is the BJ we all know and love

So.... Did they ever say what this kids deal was? Other being psychotic. It appears he had been planning this

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Ben' post='473381' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:52 AM']I think in the southwestern part of china there is a population of muslims.[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]The various censuses asserted that there may be up to 20 million Muslims in China.

However - The BBC's Religion and Ethics webpage gives a range of 20 million to 100 million Muslims in China[/b][/size][/font]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China[/url]

[font="Century Gothic"][color="#FF0000"][b]Right now, I fear there will be "retribution" killings soon. There will be some innocent
kid(s), who will have the same race and or religion of the suspect, and will fall victim
to a deadly "payback" crime. -_-

I am certain of it. The when and where, are the only questions. Hope I'm wrong though.[/b][/color][/font]

[quote name='Ben' post='473381' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:52 AM']I think in the southwestern part of china there is a population of muslims.[/quote]

The south western / northwestern dudes are The Uighurs (also spelt Uyghur in some cases) They number between 10-15 million I think, and are almost all Muslim. China's initiated a crack down on what it accuses as militant groups in the region. Some of them have fought with the Taliban in Afghanistan...but by and large, they belong to the Sufi sect...which the more aggressive Deobandhi / Wahabbi inspired dudes would regard as heretics.

There is also an ethnic Chinese group called the Hui who are spread out over the country and are mostly Muslim. It's hard to get a number on them, but most places say at least 15 million

Edit: Shooter was a South Korean citizen. In the US legally.

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='473406' date='Apr 17 2007, 09:43 AM']The south western / northwestern dudes are The Uighurs (also spelt Uyghur in some cases) They number between 10-15 million I think, and are almost all Muslim. China's initiated a crack down on what it accuses as militant groups in the region. Some of them have fought with the Taliban in Afghanistan...but by and large, they belong to the Sufi sect...which the more aggressive Deobandhi / Wahabbi inspired dudes would regard as heretics.

There is also an ethnic Chinese group called the Hui who are spread out over the country and are mostly Muslim. It's hard to get a number on them, but most places say at least 15 million
Edit: Shooter was a South Korean citizen. In the US legally.[/quote]

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18148802/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18148802/[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[size=4][u][quote][b]Gunman Identified as Massacre at [/b]
Virginia Tech Enters Second Day
By RICHARD ESPOSITO and DAVID SCHOETZ[/u][/size]

April 17, 2007 — Cho Hui Seung, [b]a resident alien of the United States, a South Korean national and a Virginia Tech senior[/b] has been identified as the gunman in the shootings that left 33 people dead on the Virginia Tech campus Monday, ABC News has learned.

[b]The student killed two people in a dorm room, returned to his dorm room where he re-armed and left a "disturbing note"[/b] before entering a classroom building on the other side of campus to continue his rampage, sources said.

Cho's identitiy has been confirmed with a positive fingerprint match on the guns used in the rampage and with immigration materials. It is believed that he was the shooter in both incidents yesterday. Sources say Cho was carrying a backpack that contained receipts for a March purchase of a Glock 9 mm pistol, sources said. Witnesses had also told authorities that the shooter was carrying a backpack. Sections of chain similar to those used to lock the main doors at Norris Hall, the site of the second shooting that left 31 dead, were found inside a Virginia Tech dormitory, sources confirmed to ABC News.

In all, the massacre at Virginia Tech left 33 people dead — including Cho himself — in the worst shooting in moder American history.

President Charles Steger told "Good Morning America's" Diane Sawyer that [b]police were still investigating the possibility of a second shooter, and said authorities had already interviewed one "person of interest."[/b]

"There may be others," said Steger, who will join the Virginia Tech chief of police at a press conference Tuesday morning. "We just don't know."

Steger also said that authorities hoped to have ballistics evidence to release that would confirm a connection between the two shootings.[/quote]

[url="http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048108"]http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048108[/url]

Archived