Anyone got the Blackberry 8800?

I knoq cingular has been carrying it a while, anyone have it?

I have been enjoying the 8700 for about a year now, its been great, i cant imagine a blackberry without the scroll wheel and the back button below it, that nub seems generic as hell, but i love the weight and thin style, and it takes a membory card for expandable memory, and integrated voice dial.

i want it, but aside from the reviews on cnet there isnt much to go on, and they go back and fourth "best device everz!!!111" to "utterly disapointed" i saw the 8700 reviews and they are the same,

anyone...anyione?

anything without a qwerty keyboard for me isnt an option, i spent 9 months of hell with the 7100 and wanted to shoot myself, i need a full keyboard.

looks great, but no trackwheel, WTF! blackberry and trackwheel are synonymous

[img]http://www.rimarkable.com/images/indigo_02.jpg[/img]

Guest steggyD
I thought you were a Sprint customer? This isn't on CDMA networks.

... but if you're interested, VZW is going to release the 8830 in mid-May. Just like the 8800, except it's global, meaning using CDMA and GSM.

[url="http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/blackberry-8830/rim-blackberry-8830-to-debut-on-verizon-wireless-may-14-255054.php"]http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/blackberry-8830...y-14-255054.php[/url]

[quote name='steggyD' post='476756' date='Apr 27 2007, 09:36 PM']I thought you were a Sprint customer? This isn't on CDMA networks.

... but if you're interested, VZW is going to release the 8830 in mid-May. Just like the 8800, except it's global, meaning using CDMA and GSM.

[url="http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/blackberry-8830/rim-blackberry-8830-to-debut-on-verizon-wireless-may-14-255054.php"]http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/blackberry-8830...y-14-255054.php[/url][/quote]

i ahve both tmo and sprint

sprint laucnhes the same 8830 in july, the 15th is the scheduled date. im going to hold out for the sprint version and get a normal tmo phone, sprint bberry will destroy tmo in data speeds. i went to cingular today to peep the 8800 its cool, the 8830 will be cool, and honestly with n unlock code, i can toss my tmo sim in it and use my sprint and tmo account on one phone (not at same time mind you)

so thats kind of exciting.

[quote name='steggyD' post='476792' date='Apr 27 2007, 11:26 PM']Sprint good in your area, I hear. Verizon Wireless practically owns the Northeast.[/quote]

sprint sucks just about everywhere that isnt a big city, they are a data company who has cell phones at this point. verizon is good but overpriced on everything. sprint can roam on verizon for free so truely, there is no difference. all sprint phones come default on sprint only network, so most folks dont take advantage of the roaming...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='476318' date='Apr 27 2007, 12:33 AM']I knoq cingular has been carrying it a while, anyone have it?

I have been enjoying the 8700 for about a year now, its been great, i cant imagine a blackberry without the scroll wheel and the back button below it, that nub seems generic as hell, but i love the weight and thin style, and it takes a membory card for expandable memory, and integrated voice dial.
i want it, but aside from the reviews on cnet there isnt much to go on, and they go back and fourth "best device everz!!!111" to "utterly disapointed" i saw the 8700 reviews and they are the same,
anyone...anyione?
anything without a qwerty keyboard for me isnt an option, i spent 9 months of hell with the 7100 and wanted to shoot myself, i need a full keyboard.

looks great, but no trackwheel, WTF! blackberry and trackwheel are synonymous

[img]http://www.rimarkable.com/images/indigo_02.jpg[/img][/quote]

As a long time user of the Pearl and 8700, and now a new user of an 8800, I've got mixed feelings.

The trackball... eh, it's fine. I can use it or a wheel, no big deal.

GPS and 3d nav software on the 8800.......very nice.

The keyboard......sucks. It's less tactile, and even more cramped to me than the Pearl. It's so easy to hit 2 or more keys at once.

The BB man brought us in a box a couple of weeks ago, and I think I'm going to keep one just for the GPS thing - if I can find a proper cradle for car use.

[quote name='Kool Keith' post='481294' date='May 2 2007, 08:04 AM']As a long time user of the Pearl and 8700, and now a new user of an 8800, I've got mixed feelings.

The trackball... eh, it's fine. I can use it or a wheel, no big deal.

GPS and 3d nav software on the 8800.......very nice.

The keyboard......sucks. It's less tactile, and even more cramped to me than the Pearl. It's so easy to hit 2 or more keys at once.

The BB man brought us in a box a couple of weeks ago, and I think I'm going to keep one just for the GPS thing - if I can find a proper cradle for car use.[/quote]

ah, thanks!, just the kind of feedback i was looking for, i havent typed on one really yet, aside from mashing the keys on the demo i messed with. i will have to give it a test run when i can, im waiting on the sprint one as it will be even cheaper for me (likely free somehow) and get the televnav and stuff cheaper with my affiliate plan. and tmo doesnt offer shit ...so i will check the keypad, i have midget fingers...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='KingStripes' post='486638' date='May 14 2007, 10:16 PM']Might not be the subjet here, but I want to unlock a phone.
Does anyone know of a good place to get it done???[/quote]

ebay is good, or google "gsm unlock code" easy to find a place to do it for $2-5

Guest steggyD
I got my hands on an 8830, VZW. Nice ... Sexy fuckin' phone. Screen is beautiful, the trackball, much better than the thumbwheel. Keyboard? Had no problem with it whatsoever. I just wish it had a camera for those moments when you need to take a picture but have no camera on you. Oh, the media functions ... nice. Video plays beautifully. And a micro SD card slot for expansion. I want this phone.

[quote name='steggyD' post='487606' date='May 16 2007, 11:57 PM']I got my hands on an 8830, VZW. Nice ... Sexy fuckin' phone. Screen is beautiful, the trackball, much better than the thumbwheel. Keyboard? Had no problem with it whatsoever. I just wish it had a camera for those moments when you need to take a picture but have no camera on you. Oh, the media functions ... nice. Video plays beautifully. And a micro SD card slot for expansion. I want this phone.[/quote]

they have the blackberry curve coming out, cingular first then others, it has a 2.o MP and rest same as 8830...

i probably cant wait on that tho... so i want teh 8830 badly as well.. <_<

[quote name='Kool Keith' post='487684' date='May 17 2007, 10:10 AM']Wait for the next one - if you text or email from it, the keyboard sucks.

The Curve is going to have seperated buttons, like the 87xx series[/quote]

i have girlie hands, so it might not bother me, the 8830 buttons are seperate, just closer together, i will go try to type a text at cingular i forgot to test that... still not a fan of the lack of trackwheel.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='GoBengals' post='487618' date='May 17 2007, 12:51 AM']they have the blackberry curve coming out, cingular first then others, it has a 2.o MP and rest same as 8830...
i probably cant wait on that tho... so i want teh 8830 badly as well.. <_<[/quote]
Well, I'm upgrading in July, so I'll see what's out there then.

[quote name='steggyD' post='487751' date='May 17 2007, 02:26 PM']Well, I'm upgrading in July, so I'll see what's out there then.[/quote]

im switching from a sprint phone and tmo blackberry to a sprint blackberry and tmo phone, figure the fast internet might as well be on the PDA, so july for me it is too, the 8830 comes out on sprint july 15th,

now to find a tmo phone worth a damn...

Archived