Im surprised the Stealers didnt target a franchise QB

Brady Quinn and several other QBs were still available, and the Stealers go LB? I know it doesnt take much to hand off, but it would make sense for the Stealers to get a franchise QB....

I just cant believe they dont want to pick up a decent QB, but I guess there are still rounds 2-7 to improve upon their QB play.

I'm surprised you guys didnt go for that franchise QB in the first. I know it doesnt take much to lose every big game you play in and whine about how you were still the better team even though you lost, but it would make sense for the Bengals to get a franchise QB.

See, we can do it too....lol.

[quote name='oftt4' post='478934' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:49 PM']I'm surprised you guys didnt go for that franchise QB in the first. I know it doesnt take much to lose every big game you play in and whine about how you were still the better team even though you lost, but it would make sense for the Bengals to get a franchise QB.

See, we can do it too....lol.[/quote]

So is Timmons being trained in how to be a loudmouth now?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='478945' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:54 PM']So is Timmons being trained in how to be a loudmouth now?[/quote]

One can only hope.

I wasnt thrilled with that pick, but I liked Woodley in the 2nd, could be a great pash rushing OLB.

Dont know what the hell was going on with the TE in the 3rd, but Sepuleda in the 4th was good...he should be a very solid punter for a long time...and we need that.

Dont know much about McBean in the 4th...but from what I have read he could be a nasty DE in the 3-4...or he could wash out.

Overall, I dont really know what to think of our draft so far, only time will tell.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='479191' date='Apr 29 2007, 01:36 PM']Timmons is a Boom or a Bust pick, he doesnt have the experience you'd like, but the measureables are there.

Personally I hope hes a bust. :D[/quote]

Well, if he takes after most Steeler LB's, he should be receiving a shipment from UPS shortly....

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/lodge308/steroids.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oftt4' post='479448' date='Apr 29 2007, 04:39 PM']Refresh my memory Elfy....who's LB's have trouble with the law?[/quote]

Well hey we both have WRs that have trouble with the law.
We both have DBs that have trouble with the law.
And now that Stienbech is a brown and Brooks isnt playing for you, neither of us have linemen in trouble with the law.
:whistle:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='479459' date='Apr 29 2007, 04:45 PM']Well hey we both have WRs that have trouble with the law.
We both have DBs that have trouble with the law.
And now that Stienbech is a brown and Brooks isnt playing for you, neither of us have linemen in trouble with the law.
:whistle:[/quote]

Technically youre right...but our "trouble with the law" and your "trouble with the law" are quite a bit different.

Both of Santonio's issues were dropped. I dont know much about the Townsend thing, but no excuses on that...he was a dumbass.

[quote name='oftt4' post='479479' date='Apr 29 2007, 04:55 PM']Technically youre right...but our "trouble with the law" and your "trouble with the law" are quite a bit different.

Both of Santonio's issues were dropped. I dont know much about the Townsend thing, but no excuses on that...he was a dumbass.[/quote]

Different in that they all are misdominers? :whistle:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='479510' date='Apr 29 2007, 05:11 PM']Different in that they all are misdominers? :whistle:[/quote]

Different in that getting into a bar fight is different than getting 15 year old girls drunk....

Different in that we have isolated minor incidents, you have one guy getting arrested six times, 2 guys suspended for 8 games, and 8 guys in all getting arrested.

Whistle....

This is a little off topic though....I asked what you thought about your draft.

[quote name='oftt4' post='479528' date='Apr 29 2007, 05:34 PM']Different in that getting into a bar fight is different than getting 15 year old girls drunk....

Different in that we have isolated minor incidents, you have one guy getting arrested six times, 2 guys suspended for 8 games, and 8 guys in all getting arrested.

Whistle....

This is a little off topic though....I asked what you thought about your draft.[/quote]

He wasnt there when it happened but back to the draft...

Love the Hall pick. It will push Deltha to get back to form or be gone at worst, and and at best come 2 years time we have a very good and very fast pair of CBs. Our pass D should improve. (But hell it was going to improve with getting rid of tory james anyway)

Not sure about the Irons pick, Chris Perry cant seem to stay healthy so I guess it makes sence. But if Perry does what TJ did and finally gets and stays healthy then a combo of Rudi, Perry and Irons would be nasty.

Love Love Love the Marvin white pick, if for nothing else but his attitude when he said "No one is gonna come through his back door cause he is gonna lay them out" I hope that attitude become infectous throught the rest of the D. He honestly believes he is the best S in the draft, and while that may not be the case you have to love a kid that believes in himself that much.

Jeff Rowe is our developmental backup, its an ok pick if for nothing else than to keep us from having to look for a backup QB every year.

Domata Peko (our 4th round supprise last year) hoped we took Toeaina, we did so Im happy.

Santucci will be a practice squad guy if he doenst push any of our backup linemen for a job, and may be helpfull if stacey andrews leaves us next year.

Its not a bad draft, Im still somewhat worried about our linebacker situation but I think that hints that Odell is likely to return.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='479542' date='Apr 29 2007, 04:49 PM']He wasnt there when it happened but back to the draft...
Love the Hall pick. It will push Deltha to get back to form or be gone at worst, and and at best come 2 years time we have a very good and very fast pair of CBs. Our pass D should improve. (But hell it was going to improve with getting rid of tory james anyway)

Not sure about the Irons pick, Chris Perry cant seem to stay healthy so I guess it makes sence. But if Perry does what TJ did and finally gets and stays healthy then a combo of Rudi, Perry and Irons would be nasty.

Love Love Love the Marvin white pick, if for nothing else but his attitude when he said "No one is gonna come through his back door cause he is gonna lay them out" I hope that attitude become infectous throught the rest of the D. He honestly believes he is the best S in the draft, and while that may not be the case you have to love a kid that believes in himself that much.

Jeff Rowe is our developmental backup, its an ok pick if for nothing else than to keep us from having to look for a backup QB every year.

Domata Peko (our 4th round supprise last year) hoped we took Toeaina, we did so Im happy.

Santucci will be a practice squad guy if he doenst push any of our backup linemen for a job, and may be helpfull if stacey andrews leaves us next year.
Its not a bad draft, Im still somewhat worried about our linebacker situation but I think that hints that Odell is likely to return.[/quote]

^^^ What he said...

[quote name='oftt4' post='478934' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:49 PM']I'm surprised you guys didnt go for that franchise QB in the first. I know it doesnt take much to lose every big game you play in and whine about how you were still the better team even though you lost, but it would make sense for the Bengals to get a franchise QB.

See, we can do it too....lol.[/quote]

Why would we draft a QB? If Peyton Manning wasnt in this draft, then no QB would be an upgrade in our circumstance.

For the Stealers though, even the QBs that werent drafted would be better than Little Jen Stubbed toes.

Archived