How do you get someone to stop smoking?

Guest ONYX
[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='480477' date='Apr 30 2007, 10:15 PM']I dont know.
Im a real hothead.
I have to have the last word, and I'm a really big smartass.
i just can't help but smart off.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Well, hows about making a deal with your dad.

Tell him that you will stop being a "hothead", stop smarting off and getting in trouble at school, if he stops smoking.[/b][/color]

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='480455' date='Apr 30 2007, 09:33 PM']Welllll, of course i did.
BUT he deserved it.[/quote]

Your grounded.

You shouldnt have gave him lip.

2 weeks no TV and give me your phone.

:contract:

Guest ONYX
[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='480487' date='Apr 30 2007, 10:24 PM']Well i cant help it.
I've tried really.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dont you see the hypocracy in that?

This thread is all about how can you get someone to stop a bad habit, yet you have already gave up
trying to fix a bad habit of your own.

Like others have said already, you cannot make somebody change, they will have to want to change for themselves.

So ask that young girl you see in the mirror, if she will ever stop being a hothead and smartmouth at the times
when she shouldn't be.[/b][/color]

I'll throw mt three cents in here. I smoked for 36+ years, 2-3 packs a day. I tried many times to quit, just decided one day that was it. I got tired of my clothes, hair, car etc smeeling like smoke. Smoked my last cig at midnight that night, haven't had one for 8 years. HARDEST think I have ever tried to quit. I hate the smell now, but every once and awhile, I crave to fire one up.

My brother had a stroke last year, almost killed him, he still smokes--go figure.

To answer the question...you can't get them to stop. They have to want to.

I'm a smoker and have no plans to quit. I know it's bad for my health but dammit, I like smoking. I don't think I'm addicted though....not real bad. I can go long long hours without a smoke and it doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, just last night I got home from work and didn't smoke all night. Been smoking more than 25 years but I'm still about a pack a day, ultra lights. Got up to 2 packs a day one time and then cut myself back after realizing it. You won't be able to stop any of the smokers in your life if they don't want to quit.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='481266' date='May 2 2007, 01:50 AM']I'm a smoker and have no plans to quit. I know it's bad for my health but dammit, I like smoking. [b]I don't think I'm addicted though[/b]....not real bad. I can go long long hours without a smoke and it doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, just last night I got home from work and didn't smoke all night. Been smoking more than 25 years but I'm still about a pack a day, ultra lights. Got up to 2 packs a day one time and then cut myself back after realizing it. You won't be able to stop any of the smokers in your life if they don't want to quit.
MULLY[/quote]

First sign you are addicted.

:D

[quote name='Jason' post='481482' date='May 3 2007, 04:35 AM']First sign you are addicted.

:D[/quote]

Yeah, but you're missing one important point, I genuinely like smoking. I don't "not want to stop" because I can't. I don't want to stop because I don't want to.
MULLY

Archived