I already hate Brady Quinn

The main reason I don't hate the Brownies more than I used to...is that they are just a facsimile of the originals. Fucking expansion team who wear the remake of the shit brown unis, have the original's name, and play in the same rat trap of a city. It's hard to really hate them...when they are not the real thing.

Their fans don't have the same zest this time around either. While some are the same wife-beating, chain smoking, lottery playing persona they were before (inclusive of that 400 lb goofball)...the newbie majority are a whole lot more relaxed and non-committal. They could change, naturally, in which case I could work up the enmity I once had for them. Although no where near the volume of that for the Yellow TrailerTown gang.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='482442' date='May 4 2007, 07:44 AM']The main reason I don't hate the Brownies more than I used to...is that they are just a facsimile of the originals. Fucking expansion team who wear the remake of the shit brown unis, have the original's name, and play in the same rat trap of a city. It's hard to really hate them...when they are not the real thing.

Their fans don't have the same zest this time around either. While some are the same wife-beating, chain smoking, lottery playing persona they were before (inclusive of that 400 lb goofball)...the newbie majority are a whole lot more relaxed and non-committal. They could change, naturally, in which case I could work up the enmity I once had for them. Although no where near the volume of that for the Yellow TrailerTown gang.[/quote]

I have no reason to argue with you and you could be exactly right, but a few years pause wouldn't make a difference to me. They kept their history, their identity, and their city. I'm not defending Cleveland, but that city is the luckiest city in the NFL considering their team left. They are not a facsimile they are a reincarnation. Baltimore would have been so lucky. People in Cleveland should kiss Paul Tag and Art Modell on the lips for letting that happen.

"[b]Greatest Piece of Shit Fans Ever[/b]" Award goes to pissburgh. I was at the playoff game and the Pitt fan's reactions were classless and disgusting. I have never hated people for routing for a team until then. I'm all for talking shit in a fun way. I do it all the time over here with the B-more fans. pissburgh fans (granted not ALL) are assholes. My cousin in law called my wife after the game to brag about the loss and my wife could have killed her (neither would give a shit if not for their respective husbands). Not only do I hate them, I thing they are below me. If they were on fire I wouldn't piss on them to put them out.

Need more proof? Here's an example:

[quote]Just like the last game of the year last year. If Carson had played you all would have won and made the playoffs. Anthony Wright played a horrible game. I was thinking. Man, we got lucky that Carson didn't play today[/quote]

[quote name='Knucklehead' post='483113' date='May 5 2007, 11:07 PM']I have no reason to argue with you and you could be exactly right, but a few years pause wouldn't make a difference to me. They kept their history, their identity, and their city. I'm not defending Cleveland, but that city is the luckiest city in the NFL considering their team left. They are not a facsimile they are a reincarnation. Baltimore would have been so lucky. People in Cleveland should kiss Paul Tag and Art Modell on the lips for letting that happen.

"[b]Greatest Piece of Shit Fans Ever[/b]" Award goes to pissburgh. I was at the playoff game and the Pitt fan's reactions were classless and disgusting. I have never hated people for routing for a team until then. I'm all for talking shit in a fun way. I do it all the time over here with the B-more fans. pissburgh fans (granted not ALL) are assholes. My cousin in law called my wife after the game to brag about the loss and my wife could have killed her (neither would give a shit if not for their respective husbands). Not only do I hate them, I thing they are below me. If they were on fire I wouldn't piss on them to put them out.

Need more proof? Here's an example:[/quote]

Don't get mad at me. I'm just agreeing with you all in regards to Carson playing. Just like the playoff game if Carson had played the last game of the year no doubt you all would have won. :whistle:

Archived