You got to hand it to SteelerNation

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/iii2et.jpg[/img]

[size=4][i]"Looks like someone needs a towel" [/i][/size]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/shoeshine.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='480401' date='Apr 30 2007, 06:39 PM'][img]http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/roethlisberger2.jpg[/img]

[size=5]Derr' I drunk like a champion*[/size][/quote]

we all know that's the closest to a woman he'll ever get.

Guest BlackJesus
[center][font="Arial Narrow"][b][size=5]Rabies vaccine & butt plug: 48 $

Bullets from Wal Mart: 22 $

Gas to Shittsburgh: 85 $

Getting to the Tailgating lot early ... [img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/buckshot7pk7gf.gif[/img]:

[color="#008000"]Priceless[/color][/size][/b][/font][/center]

[quote]....Spike

Speaking of Cincitucky...where has Beaker been hiding?

I bet Jaime B has his Pillow-biting, Pre-pubescent, Pud-pounding followers hiding him in their moms' basement or something....poor little guy...[/quote]

Aww Spike did I hit a nerve? :D

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='480821' date='May 1 2007, 01:42 PM']The stealers drafted a punter for fuck sake[/quote]

They needed another punter to help with all the punting they plan on doing this season.

Later this year...
Greg Gumbell: "Worthlisberger has been totally inconsistent all game."
Phil Simms: "He better not go Leon Hall's way again after three first half interceptions."
Gumbell: "In a shocking move the stealers elect to punt on first down!"
Simms: "The stealers drafted the highly sought after punter in round four so they will use him as the offensive weapon they envisioned." :headbang:

If it werent for Aries and Steelerman, this tapeANaspirin2it might take the cake as far as functional retards go. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote]---tapeANaspirin2it

too bad no bengal fans responded in this thread. I was wondering what they thought of their draft.

I've had time to reconsider and i still think it was terrible. Their front 7 is still crap. I can't believe they'd spend picks on a backup RB, when they still have a weak defense.
Where is the improvement? The bengals added a CB. Even if Hall is the real deal, does that magically transform their defense?

The bengals don't get a ton of sacks, they don't get much pressure. Did they add a pass rusher? NO, unless they're planning on a big year from Frostee the rapist. The steeler pass rush dropped off last year. What did the steelers do? They spent their top 2 picks on pass rushers (we'll see if they got the right 2). What do the bengals do? Nothing, except hope real hard their pass rush gets better on it's own.

What about that LB corps? Right now the projected starters are Rashad Jeanty, Ahmad Brooks, and Landon Johnson. Even browns fans think that's funny. And again the bengals saw no need for upgrade.

They are weak at DT. Sam Adams is good for about 3 plays then he needs a nap. Surely they saw that Sam Adams is washed up and upgraded the DT position. Nope, not really, unless you consider signing Michael Myers and a guy in RD 6 as addressing the position. The knock on that 6th rounder Matt Toeina is that he's basically just a fat guy with little athletic ability and a questionable motor.

How about that secondary. Well they drafted Leon Hall. I saw this guy get beaten tons of times in college. He's good if he plays a short zone and has help, but if he actually has to man cover, he's toast. He's very stiff. Everyone was shocked by his 40 time because he does not play fast at all. Personally, i don;t think he's that great but for sake of argument let's say Hall is good.

The rest of the secondary is still suspect. Jonathan Joseph was OK last year. He had a bunch of passes defensed but only managed 1 INT. That could be a problem for a Bengal defense that absolutely relies on turnovers. The other CBs O'Neil and Ratliff are OK.

They may actually be OK at CB (if hall works out). But the secondary overall still isn't great because of Safety. Madieu Williams is a decent player, but they have nobody opposite him. Dexter Jackson is not reliable. They may actually miss Kevin Kaesviharn who made lots of plays.

How did the bengals address this need at Safety? With a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder. Not exactly top prospects. The knock on BOTH safeties they drafted? Both lack awareness and instincts This secondary is still vulnerable without a pass rush.

Now let's look at the Bengal offense, which oh by the way, finished BEHIND Pittsburgh in total yards and only scored 1 more TD than the steelers. The bengals offense is good, but they have potential problems. Namely the absence of Chris Henry. Bengal fans love to say how they would have won in the playoffs if Carson didn't put his knee under kimo's shoulder. The bigger loss in that game was Chris Henry.

Here's a stat for you, Chris Henry missed 3 games last year. In those game the bengals scored 13 vs NE, 13 vs Tampa, and 17 vs Carolina. The offense struggled in each of those games without Henry. Why? Because while housh is a good player, he's just not great. Chad gets double teamed deep and Housh gets covered underneath with base defenders. Chris Henry is the X factor that makes covering the bengal receivers so difficult.

The bengals will miss Henry and they did not replace him in the draft. Instead of Irons in RD 2, they could have had WR Steve Smith of USC. Instead of a QB in RD 5, the bengals could have had Va Tech speedster David Clowney, or the big Wr from OSU, Roy Hall. The bengals were in position to easily snap up a replacement for Henry, but they didn't. That may cost them.

What about OL? They lost steinbach, and didn't address OG until Round 7. Maybe they're high on a few guys already on the roster. OK, i can see that but what about OT. They are screwed if Levi Jones goes down. They really don't have a backup LT and at RT, Willie Anderson is getting old. How could the bengals not add a good OT?

As i said before, as a steeler fan i love the bengals draft. I don't think they improved at all. This draft added 1 potential starter but didn't do much to upgrade their needs. They added to 2 already strong positions QB, and RB. In short, i think the bengals lost because they stayed the same while the rest of the North improved. I see the bengals as the same team they've been for 3 years.[/quote]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='481310' date='May 2 2007, 08:47 AM']I think he has a couple of semi-valid points.[/quote]

Im not supprised, but Ill say this.

His post is a programmed response because

1. He completely ignores Whitworth as the replacement for Stiney and if needed can move to LT if Levi goes down putting Stacey at LG.
2. Ignores what Peko did last year in reguards to the DTs
3. Ignores that every year since marvin has been here our 4th round pick has turned into a decent player
4. Ignores that Perry is always hurt thus the need for a RB is just as big of one as a Defencive player (Espessally if Henry is out for 8 games, and it makes us a bit different of a team)
5. Ignores the fact that when Dexter was playing last year and not hurt the preformance of the D was improved
6. Jon Jo was Ok, but he was a rookie most rookies struggle and he played pretty well [i]for a rookie[/i]
7. Sam (to me anyway) is a question mark, he was injured and overweight. That hardly constatues being washed up. If he comes in this year and has lost the weight and plays like he did last year then yes he is washed up. At the moment that is a premature statement.
8. Dont get a ton of Sacks, as a team maybe, even if Gathers recorded in the double digits, in a scheme that doesnt put a premium on it from any other postiton than DE (cover 2)

Thats why its a programmed repsonce becuse he really wasnt being objective. (It was more of the bengals suck stuff)

Let me give you an example.

The steelers draft had some decent picks and some what the heck moments.

Round 1 Pick Timmons has all the measureables to be a decent linebacker, however he lacks experience as he only was a one year starter due to having to play behind other guys untill late in his carreer. IMO he was the #3 LB in the draft overall but could end up being the #2 for the class behind Willis if he gets more experience. Because He is faster then Beason.

Round 2 Pick Woodley was a good pick, if they are planning on staying in the 3-4 then it will take a little time because moving from DE to LB always does, but it could pay off, now if they decided to eventually go to a cover 2 4-3 defence as is what Tomlin ran in Minn. Then it might be a mistake to put him in at LB at all as youll slow down his learning curve for the spot he will eventually play in your 4-3. Unless your planning for him to stay at LB in the 4-3 as well like Pollack.

Round 3 pick Matt Spaeth is a TE that can catch and is decent in blocking. This could be a decent pick if they run some two TE sets with him and miller. However in a draft that was weak at TE it does have the potential of being a bust.

Round 4 ... they traded up for a punter... wtf??... Ok if you think your punting game was bad last year and you want to address it, but trading up???

The rest of their picks are likely backups or practice squad material. As they already have a good D and other than the WR they took (who may get the chance to compete) the rest would be hard pressed to contribute right away.

See not so hard to be objective about another team, even a hated team, when you want to. Thats not what he does here. Rather what he does is use the henry thing and the linebacker situation to be the basis of his argument of why our draft sucked. Give me a break. For instance, he says we we might be high on our backup linemen, but were not allowed to be high on our backup WRs? Tab Perry is healthy again, so is Chatman and Brazill. While I realize they arent Henry, is it not phatomable that we might be high on them as a potintal 8 game replacement? His post is a thinly veiled attempt at pretending to be objective, while really not being objective at all.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='481301' date='May 2 2007, 08:19 AM']If it werent for Aries and Steelerman, this tapeANaspirin2it might take the cake as far as functional retards go. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img][/quote]

It's funny to me that a fan of our rival takes so much time to write a novel describing why they shouldn't worry about us.He or she is either really bored ,scared or deflecting criticism of themselves.Kind of reminds me of a political smear campaign.I for one don't log the stealers every move.They mean nothing.In the end it is settled on the field.

[quote name='schotzee' post='481365' date='May 2 2007, 11:17 AM']It's funny to me that a fan of our rival takes so much time to write a novel describing why they shouldn't worry about us.He or she is either really bored ,scared or deflecting criticism of themselves.Kind of reminds me of a political smear campaign.I for one don't log the stealers every move.They mean nothing.In the end it is settled on the field.[/quote]

its funny to me that people on our site actually waste thier time to go read what they write...

To me, it's much more worse that guys on this site actually troll over there and read what they say than them actually writing stuff.

It's comical that you all laugh at what they write, but the real joke is on all of you who troll over there and post what they write here.... surely you all have better things to do than to constantly troll that place... i mean c'mon people

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='481371' date='May 2 2007, 09:25 AM']its funny to me that people on our site actually waste thier time to go read what they write...

To me, it's much more worse that guys on this site actually troll over there and read what they say than them actually writing stuff.
It's comical that you all laugh at what they write, but the real joke is on all of you who troll over there and post what they write here.... surely you all have better things to do than to constantly troll that place... i mean c'mon people[/quote]
There are a couple of reasonable people over there. I posted a reply to his "draft analysis" that basically refutes most of his thinking.
I don't mind hashing it out with the enemy from time to time, nor do I bash anyone else for doing it or not. Different strokes.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='481371' date='May 2 2007, 11:25 AM']its funny to me that people on our site actually waste thier time to go read what they write...

It's comical that you all laugh at what they write, but the real joke is on all of you who troll over there and post what they write here.... surely you all have better things to do than to constantly troll that place... i mean c'mon people[/quote]

I hardly think that I or anyone else here for the matter [b]constantly[/b] go over there, but after the draft you would think that one might go see what the compition thinks of their picks, and I happened to roll in on a thread that was titled AFCN draft or something to that effect. Truth be told I hardly go over there at all unless some troll comes here and I go over there to see if someone went over there instagating or if the troll is just here to be a troll, or on days like the draft ect..

Also dont kid yourself they are our "guests" here as well.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='481376' date='May 2 2007, 11:30 AM']There are a couple of reasonable people over there. I posted a reply to his "draft analysis" that basically refutes most of his thinking.
I don't mind hashing it out with the enemy from time to time, nor do I bash anyone else for doing it or not. Different strokes.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='481378' date='May 2 2007, 11:36 AM']I hardly think that I or anyone else here for the matter [b]constantly[/b] go over there, but after the draft you would think that one might go see what the compition thinks of their picks, and I happened to roll in on a thread that was titled AFCN draft or something to that effect. Truth be told I hardly go over there at all unless some troll comes here and I go over there to see if someone went over there instagating or if the troll is just here to be a troll, or on days like the draft ect..

Also dont kid yourself they are our "guests" here as well.
Agreed.[/quote]
Wait, Jamie, let me follow your logic here...You're saying that on the internet, there's the chance to go and read other people's opinions? OMGWTFBBQ?!? Someone better fix this right now!

[quote name='ryanham' post='481384' date='May 2 2007, 11:40 AM']Wait, Jamie, let me follow your logic here...You're saying that on the internet, there's the chance to go and read other people's opinions? OMGWTFBBQ?!? Someone better fix this right now![/quote]

:contract:

Curious as to what the response to what Bung had to say I had to go back over.....(God why must they make it so easy.)

For those "guests" that I [i]know[/i] are reading...

[quote].....Hines57
Gardocki ****ing sucks for field position. Good for not getting kicks blocked but he cant boom a punt for his life. We've been screaming for his head for at least the last 2 seasons now.

The punter pick is huge for us. It means offenses will have to drive that much farther to score against our D[/quote]

I agree, but as Steveg asked was there another team that was trying to get him that you felt you HAD to move up to get a PUNTER? (somehow I doubt it)

[quote]....Coyrea
Teams who don't play good defense, don't know the value of a good punter.

Didn't the Bengals draft a kicker a few years back in the 4th round?[/quote]

:rolleyes: This is a functionally retarded statement and from the person who said it Im not supprised. We have a pretty damn good punter thank you. That we got as a UDFA (hince why were laughing at you for drafting one so high in the 1st place) :pointlaff:

[quote].....Spike
You don't really need to defend the way the Steelers draft....we've won the SB with the same philosophy and had numerous championship games whilst the Gals were still crawling around in the slime with the rest of the bottomfeeders.

They have one year above .500 out of twenty and they get all cocky and ****....
Hoccccccckkk spit!

Santonio single-handedly knocked their dicks in the dirt and out of the playoffs last year...so, without a favorable schedule, I predict they will once again slink back into the pondscum once again. [b]Marvin's year as Black Jesus is over, they'll be lucky to make 8-8.[/b][/quote]

I know spike we were a horrible team for 15 years and it was so easy to pick on us. Hell your still programed to do so. Yes we took a step back this past year mostly due to injures, much like your team in '03, but well be around dont worry. And I think thats what is the pill that is so hard for your dumbass to swallow, the bully doent like it when he gets stood up to. I get that.

[quote]Lorak
but...but... they got a pre-season champion hat last year!! That has to count for something![/quote]

but ...but... you were the "champions"* and you coulnt even muster up enough to get to the playoffs? (after only losing 2 starters from your previous year and not having nearly as many injures as we did?) [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote]...Spike
Our punter can kick your whole teams ass[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Yes and somehow I have a feeling that my 5 year old nephew could probabally kick yours.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='481371' date='May 2 2007, 11:25 AM']its funny to me that people on our site actually waste thier time to go read what they write...

not really... think of it as the onion, or sportspickle if you will, of the bengals-stealers rivalry.

killing time on the internetz? why, why not venture on over to queernation.com for another rousing game of "teh AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals sukxorz roflcopter!!!!!!!!!1111!@!11!321"

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='481470' date='May 2 2007, 03:15 PM']Yes and somehow I have a feeling that my 5 year old nephew could probabally kick yours.[/quote]
I think you're right...just look at him!

[attachment=260:mad_conner2.JPG]

[quote name='ryanham' post='481939' date='May 3 2007, 12:22 PM']I think you're right...just look at him!

[attachment=260:mad_conner2.JPG][/quote]

[img]http://www.barnezy.com/Pics/Terry%20Tate%20Office%20Linebacker.jpg[/img]

[b]Here comes the pain train, the pain train's comming WHOO WHOO[/b]

Archived