"The Trade"

Thought this was kind of interesting. This how everyone involved in the trade is doing so far in 2007

Lopez: 28 g, 32 Hits, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 11 Run, 264 avg
Gonzo: 25g, 30 hits, 4 HR, 12 RBI, 13 Run, 316 avg

Kearns: 29 g, 30 hits, 3 HR, 10 RBI, 15 Run, 270 avg
Griff: 23 g, 22 hits, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 13 Run, 301 avg
Hammy: 24 g, 20 hits, 6 HR, 14 RBI, 13, 263
Freel: 28 g, 23 hits, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 16 Run, 247

I think with all things considered... we supposedly gave up A LOT of offense but to me, it seems we haven't missed a beat.

Now if Bray and Majewski can give us ANYTHING at all, we should be alright

The Reds also got minor league pitcher Daryl Thompson who was coming of shoulder surgery and hes pitching good this year.

0.96 ERA - 28 Innings, 16 Hits, 3 Runs, 2 BB, 24 K

[url="http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Daryl%2520Thompson&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=444354"]http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=444354[/url]

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='483079' date='May 5 2007, 09:02 PM']I could be reading this all wrong....but how were Hamilton, Griffey, Freel, and Gonzalez involved with last years big trade?[/quote]

A big knock on the reds this year is that Krivsky traded away too much offense in that trade...

My point is that bringing in Gonzo is actually better than having Lopez there at the moment

and Hamilton, Griff and Freel are getting PT because of Kearns absence

Well that makes more sense. When you say "players involved in the trade", it didn't jive. Hardly any of those players were personally involved. I would agree that our offense didn't take a hit. In fact, it's a lot alike in a lot of ways. Dunn still strikes out too much, Griffey is still iffy, Gonzalez seems to be similar to Lopez offensively. The upgrade factors at this point are Josh Hamilton and in a smaller sense Jeff Conine, but the pessimist would point out that he wasn't even on the radar when the trigger was pulled on this trade.

Archived