Dirty Steeler Hit on Carson Palmer

[quote name='Hooky' post='484416' date='May 9 2007, 11:23 AM']Me too. When has Palmer the diplomat ever complained publicly about anything? Though many Bengals fans felt he should, especially about the dirty hit in question. In which he just said it was part of the game. The closest thing to controversy that he said that I can think of is that he hates the stealers, but who doesn't?

And I won't even address Ben's track record.[/quote]

No kidding. :D

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='484366' date='May 9 2007, 08:44 AM']Bam - where did you play ball with Manning at? Just curious - you claim to be bosom buddies and all just would like to know where that goes back to.[/quote]

I'd say the guy is probably full of shit. Sounds to me like he is using a quote similar to that of Lloyd Bentsen when he was debating Quayle in the v.p. debate.

Granted the Bengals as a team didn't play up to playoff par. But anybody watching that game will have to admit that Kitna did what Kitna does. That's why he's not very consistent as a starting QB in the NFL. He's too short, has hands that are too small, not half the arm hat Palmer has, and the tendancy to choke in big games (remember all those fumbles on his part). Am I grateful for the time Palmer spent behind Kitna learning... absolutely! But know that he was teaching the plays, the offense, the flow of the game... not a physical/skill set. Palmer was already heads above Kitna when it came to raw talent.... he just needed Kitna's help to groom it for the NFL.

BTW... Palmer is not between Manning and God when it comes to QBs. He's between Manning and Brady :headbang:

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='484465' date='May 9 2007, 01:43 PM']Bingo, good catch. :thumbsup:[/quote]
Thought so. Didn't think there was any way in hell so I sarcastically had to ask. Got the answer I figured I'd get.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='484467' date='May 9 2007, 01:45 PM']Granted the Bengals as a team didn't play up to playoff par. But anybody watching that game will have to admit that Kitna did what Kitna does. That's why he's not very consistent as a starting QB in the NFL. He's too short, has hands that are too small, not half the arm hat Palmer has, and the tendancy to choke in big games (remember all those fumbles on his part). Am I grateful for the time Palmer spent behind Kitna learning... absolutely! But know that he was teaching the plays, the offense, the flow of the game... not a physical/skill set. Palmer was already heads above Kitna when it came to raw talent.... he just needed Kitna's help to groom it for the NFL.

BTW... Palmer is not between Manning and God when it comes to QBs. He's between Manning and Brady :headbang:[/quote]

:wub:

I love you.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='484491' date='May 9 2007, 02:51 PM']:wub:

I love you.[/quote]
Well.... they said they wanted some football talk, not more bitching and whining [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

But while I'm at it.... Big Jen's a girly man and the stealers suck!

Big Ben's track record? 15-0 as a rookie starter, Super Bowl win in his second year... 98+ passer rating for two consecutive years, 88+ overall. Now, granted, he had a sub-par season last year, but as a QB with 3 years under his belt, he has a pretty god damn good track record.

As for Carson, he is a great young QB, but if you really are comparing him to Brady and Manning right now, you need to rethink things. I think you take your Madden stats a little too seriously. Manning is by far the best talent when it comes to current NFL QBs, and Brady is nothing short of amazing with his ability to lead a team to victory. Carson may be there someday, but he certainly isn't yet.

This might be a shock, because I actually agree with you guys about something -- you had no chance of winning the game without him. Not because you didn't have the talent, but because you lost your leader. When the Bengals came out of the locker room in the second half, they were dead. The life went out of them. And thats when the Bus started rolling and the defense started blitzing. Would you have had a better shot with him in there? Yes, obviously. Would you have won? As I said, we beat better teams than you guys on the road to XL.

Now here are some input from actual NFL players, including Kimo, about the incident:

[i]Von Oelhoffen apologizes

Von Oelhoffen spent half his NFL career playing in Cincinnati and still has great affection for the Bengals and the town. He doesn't want to spend the next nine months being the city's most disliked man. Von Oelhoffen apologized to Palmer, his family and the Bengals' fans, saying no player ever wants to hurt another.

"Yeah, I hate to see that happen to any player," von Oelhoffen said. "I don't think anybody on this team would intentionally do something like that."

As Palmer lay on the turf before being taken off on a cart, several Bengals players could be seen yelling toward the stealers' huddle. But von Oelhoffen said he didn't hear any remarks directed toward him, and at least one Bengals player — Pro Bowl tackle Willie Anderson— defended him after the game.

"I know Kimo. He's not a dirty player," Anderson said of von Oelhoffen, who played for the Bengals from 1994-99 before moving to pissburgh for the chance to become a starter. "Guys were infuriated, but your first reaction is to defend your player. It wasn't a dirty play."

Von Oelhoffen said the injury affected his own play for at least a quarter.

"I'm not gonna lie, it affected me a little bit," von Oelhoffen said. "That kid deserved a shot to play in this game. It's always horrible when somebody gets hurt. We're all football players — we're together, we compete against each other, but we're together."

Asked what he was trying to do on the play, von Oelhoffen said, "Sack the quarterback. What else?" [/i]

--USAToday.com

I've seen Kimo speaking off the field, and I really can't imagine a nicer guy than him. He's just not the kind of guy who would hurt someone intentionally. I think you guys need to realize that. If Joey Porter made the hit, then I could see your point in this whole matter, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I'm out. Goodluck next year, and learn to enjoy the rivalry instead of being poor sports. It makes football a hell of a lot more fun.

[quote name='FiveX' post='484529' date='May 9 2007, 04:06 PM']Big Ben's track record? 15-0 as a rookie starter, Super Bowl win in his second year... 98+ passer rating for two consecutive years, 88+ overall. Now, granted, he had a sub-par season last year, but as a QB with 3 years under his belt, he has a pretty god damn good track record.

As for Carson, he is a great young QB, but if you really are comparing him to Brady and Manning right now, you need to rethink things. I think you take your Madden stats a little too seriously. Manning is by far the best talent when it comes to current NFL QBs, and Brady is nothing short of amazing with his ability to lead a team to victory. Carson may be there someday, but he certainly isn't yet.

This might be a shock, because I actually agree with you guys about something -- you had no chance of winning the game without him. Not because you didn't have the talent, but because you lost your leader. When the Bengals came out of the locker room in the second half, they were dead. The life went out of them. And thats when the Bus started rolling and the defense started blitzing. Would you have had a better shot with him in there? Yes, obviously. Would you have won? As I said, we beat better teams than you guys on the road to XL.

Now here are some input from actual NFL players, including Kimo, about the incident:

Von Oelhoffen spent half his NFL career playing in Cincinnati and still has great affection for the Bengals and the town. He doesn't want to spend the next nine months being the city's most disliked man. Von Oelhoffen apologized to Palmer, his family and the Bengals' fans, saying no player ever wants to hurt another.

"Yeah, I hate to see that happen to any player," von Oelhoffen said. "I don't think anybody on this team would intentionally do something like that."

As Palmer lay on the turf before being taken off on a cart, several Bengals players could be seen yelling toward the stealers' huddle. But von Oelhoffen said he didn't hear any remarks directed toward him, and at least one Bengals player — Pro Bowl tackle Willie Anderson— defended him after the game.

"I know Kimo. He's not a dirty player," Anderson said of von Oelhoffen, who played for the Bengals from 1994-99 before moving to pissburgh for the chance to become a starter. "Guys were infuriated, but your first reaction is to defend your player. It wasn't a dirty play."

"I'm not gonna lie, it affected me a little bit," von Oelhoffen said. "That kid deserved a shot to play in this game. It's always horrible when somebody gets hurt. We're all football players — we're together, we compete against each other, but we're together."

Asked what he was trying to do on the play, von Oelhoffen said, "Sack the quarterback. What else?" [/i]

--USAToday.com

I've seen Kimo speaking off the field, and I really can't imagine a nicer guy than him. He's just not the kind of guy who would hurt someone intentionally. I think you guys need to realize that. If Joey Porter made the hit, then I could see your point in this whole matter, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I'm out. Goodluck next year, and learn to enjoy the rivalry instead of being poor sports. It makes football a hell of a lot more fun.[/quote]
Adios.

[quote name='FiveX' post='484529' date='May 9 2007, 04:06 PM']Big Ben's track record? 15-0 as a rookie starter, Super Bowl win in his second year... 98+ passer rating for two consecutive years, 88+ overall. Now, granted, he had a sub-par season last year, but as a QB with 3 years under his belt, he has a pretty god damn good track record.

--USAToday.com

Anyway, I'm out. Goodluck next year, and learn to enjoy the rivalry instead of being poor sports. It makes football a hell of a lot more fun.[/quote]

Fuck that, the way you people acted after Carson was injured with pics and such, you deserved it when Ben got hurt and we gave it right back to you. The way you used to come to our stadium, proclaiming it "hines field west" and now that we should just take it as hey guys we were just joshing you all those years come on lets have a fun little rivalry as if now your just being good sports. Fuuuuuuck that.

Now I have some quotes too. My links to them are out of date and the pages are gone, but Im sure if you did some digging you could confirm them.

[quote]"I tried to let my body go limp so I could go down and I wouldn't hurt my knee," Roethlisberger said. "From what I heard, he got pushed or tripped or something. But any time you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty."

[color="#FF0000"]
[b]Despite Hartings' explanation, Ward suggested the Steelers (7-5) will have the play on their minds the next time they face Cincinnati.[/b]

But Ward acknowledged he has gone after other NFL players in retaliation for an incident in a previous game and said, "You make a note of the guy and make sure it doesn't happen again."[/color][/quote]

[quote]"I tried to let my body go limp so I could go down and I wouldn't hurt my knee," Roethlisberger said. "From what I heard, he got pushed or tripped or something. But any time you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty."

Despite Hartings' explanation, Ward suggested the stealers (7-5) will have the play on their minds the next time they face Cincinnati.

But Ward acknowledged he has gone after other NFL players in retaliation for an incident in a previous game and said, "You make a note of the guy and make sure it doesn't happen again."[/quote]

Hrmmm... I think I remember hearing about that right before the time Carson got taken out. But that's right... Odell tried to take out Ben. Of course he wasn't tripped!
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/448/odelltrip0hmslow0ei1pn9.gif[/img]

The Bengals certainly have a history of signing and drafting players of questionable character.

And although many of you are quick to forget, it was your team that drafted Kimo, and kept him for 6 years before he came to the Burgh.

The irony in that is priceless.

You can either accept that Kimo is not a dirty player, as many intelligent fans do. Or you can admit that your team yet again made a bad draft decision and picked up a guy with questionable character.

Either way, don't be mad because your scouting mistake came back to hurt you...again.

[quote name='RSersen' post='484761' date='May 10 2007, 08:06 AM']The Bengals certainly have a history of signing and drafting players of questionable character.

And although many of you are quick to forget, it was your team that drafted Kimo, and kept him for 6 years before he came to the Burgh.

The irony in that is priceless.

[b]You can either accept that Kimo is not a dirty player, as many intelligent fans do. Or you can admit that your team yet again made a bad draft decision and picked up a guy with questionable character.[/b]

Either way, don't be mad because your scouting mistake came back to hurt you...again.[/quote]
Another one?? Get rid of one another shows up - they're just like the plague.

Or, he could have been a good pick and fine player, especially for the 6th round, and it just took 2-3 good years of tutelage under Cowher to show Kimo "the ropes".

Anyway, thanks for the input. Goodbye.

[quote name='FiveX' post='484529' date='May 9 2007, 04:06 PM']Big Ben's track record? 15-0 as a rookie starter, Super Bowl win in his second year... 98+ passer rating for two consecutive years, 88+ overall. Now, granted, he had a sub-par season last year, but as a QB with 3 years under his belt, he has a pretty god damn good track record.[/quote]

Hey, learning curve, I was replying to your inane comment that Carson was a crybaby, especially considering Ben's track record. I'm sure that everyone else knew that I was referring to his extensive history of complaining to the media.
But then again, if my team's QB was a big, gaping pussy that constantly cried to the media and begged for attention, I would change the subject too.

Here's the post, dumb ass!:

"Me too. When has Palmer the diplomat ever complained publicly about anything? Though many Bengals fans felt he should, especially about the dirty hit in question. In which he just said it was part of the game. The closest thing to controversy that he said that I can think of is that he hates the stealers, but who doesn't?

And I won't even address Ben's track record. "

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='484767' date='May 10 2007, 08:43 AM']Another one?? Get rid of one another shows up - they're just like the plague.

Or, he could have been a good pick and fine player, especially for the 6th round, and it just took 2-3 good years of tutelage under Cowher to show Kimo "the ropes".

Anyway, thanks for the input. Goodbye.[/quote]

I think that fits.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='484551' date='May 9 2007, 04:38 PM']Hrmmm... I think I remember hearing about that right before the time Carson got taken out. But that's right... Odell tried to take out Ben. Of course he wasn't tripped!
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/448/odelltrip0hmslow0ei1pn9.gif[/img][/quote]

And he obviously could've stopped in mid air, Matrix style, if he wasn't trying to take Jen out.

[quote name='Hooky' post='485014' date='May 10 2007, 02:52 PM']And he obviously could've stopped in mid air, Matrix style, if he wasn't trying to take Jen out.[/quote]
I KNOW!!! I mean see how he grabs Big Jen's leg, wraps his arms around him, drives his shoulder in and twists :boring:

Man, it must suck to have that feeling that your most hated player in the league has beat you 2 years in a row to end your season. You hate him more than Kimo, admit it. You DESPISE Ben. Every thought of him, every glance of him on the TV makes your stomach curl. You hate him so much you can taste it. The bile in your stomach starts churning on your every thought of Big Ben.

"Anyone but him" you probably said to yourself. He was almost sacked for a safety that would have helped you win that game last year. Probably should have been. You had already put the 2 points on the board. But he got away and made a play to keep us in it. "But it's Big Jen Pussy Lips!!!!" you say. "How did he get away from him?" "Piece of shit". You throw something across the room. You go up 17-14 and you say "My God, all my defense has to do is stop him on this drive". "THIS is the time for my defense to make a play like they haven't all year". You can taste it. "ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS STOP THAT PUSSY BIG JEN". "I can feel it" you tell your fellow Bengals fans. "That drama queen faggot can't drive them down the field and tie up the game. WE ARE GONNA WIN IT. WE ARE GONNA SWEEP THEM. IF SAN FRAN CAN PULL IT OFF LATER WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!". He starts driving. You can't believe your eyes. "Anyone but that cocksucking queer. Please stop him. Fuck, why didn't he just die on the motorcycle!!!!!". Next thing you know the game is tied and your kicker blows it. "Overtime. God Damnit. We should have won this game already. How is that piss colored team and their take it in the ass QB still in this game!!!!". stealers win the toss. "It's all right" you say. "He's overrated,sucks, 3 and out and they punt and we drive down and win". You despise him so much you can't see straight. You wish he would break his leg at any moment. Then it happens. Holmes to the house. Maybe a tear starts, basically your just in shock. 2 years in a row. Anyone but HIM. :thumbsup:

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='485197' date='May 10 2007, 09:15 PM']Man, it must suck to have that feeling that your most hated player in the league has beat you 2 years in a row to end your season. You hate him more than Kimo, admit it. You DESPISE Ben. Every thought of him, every glance of him on the TV makes your stomach curl. You hate him so much you can taste it. The bile in your stomach starts churning on your every thought of Big Ben.

"Anyone but him" you probably said to yourself. He was almost sacked for a safety that would have helped you win that game last year. Probably should have been. You had already put the 2 points on the board. But he got away and made a play to keep us in it. "But it's Big Jen Pussy Lips!!!!" you say. "How did he get away from him?" "Piece of shit". You throw something across the room. You go up 17-14 and you say "My God, all my defense has to do is stop him on this drive". "THIS is the time for my defense to make a play like they haven't all year". You can taste it. "ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS STOP THAT PUSSY BIG JEN". "I can feel it" you tell your fellow Bengals fans. "That drama queen faggot can't drive them down the field and tie up the game. WE ARE GONNA WIN IT. WE ARE GONNA SWEEP THEM. IF SAN FRAN CAN PULL IT OFF LATER WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!". He starts driving. You can't believe your eyes. "Anyone but that cocksucking queer. Please stop him. Fuck, why didn't he just die on the motorcycle!!!!!". Next thing you know the game is tied and your kicker blows it. "Overtime. God Damnit. We should have won this game already. How is that piss colored team and their take it in the ass QB still in this game!!!!". stealers win the toss. "It's all right" you say. "He's overrated,sucks, 3 and out and they punt and we drive down and win". You despise him so much you can't see straight. You wish he would break his leg at any moment. Then it happens. Holmes to the house. Maybe a tear starts, basically your just in shock. 2 years in a row. Anyone but HIM. :thumbsup:[/quote]

I dont hate Ben, I feel sorry for him. It must be a hard life imitating a NFL QB.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='485197' date='May 10 2007, 09:15 PM']Man, it must suck to have that feeling that your most hated player in the league has beat you 2 years in a row to end your season. You hate him more than Kimo, admit it. You DESPISE Ben. Every thought of him, every glance of him on the TV makes your stomach curl. You hate him so much you can taste it. The bile in your stomach starts churning on your every thought of Big Ben.

"Anyone but him" you probably said to yourself. He was almost sacked for a safety that would have helped you win that game last year. Probably should have been. You had already put the 2 points on the board. But he got away and made a play to keep us in it. "But it's Big Jen Pussy Lips!!!!" you say. "How did he get away from him?" "Piece of shit". You throw something across the room. You go up 17-14 and you say "My God, all my defense has to do is stop him on this drive". "THIS is the time for my defense to make a play like they haven't all year". You can taste it. "ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS STOP THAT PUSSY BIG JEN". "I can feel it" you tell your fellow Bengals fans. "That drama queen faggot can't drive them down the field and tie up the game. WE ARE GONNA WIN IT. WE ARE GONNA SWEEP THEM. IF SAN FRAN CAN PULL IT OFF LATER WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!". He starts driving. You can't believe your eyes. "Anyone but that cocksucking queer. Please stop him. Fuck, why didn't he just die on the motorcycle!!!!!". Next thing you know the game is tied and your kicker blows it. "Overtime. God Damnit. We should have won this game already. How is that piss colored team and their take it in the ass QB still in this game!!!!". stealers win the toss. "It's all right" you say. "He's overrated,sucks, 3 and out and they punt and we drive down and win". You despise him so much you can't see straight. You wish he would break his leg at any moment. Then it happens. Holmes to the house. Maybe a tear starts, basically your just in shock. 2 years in a row. Anyone but HIM. :thumbsup:[/quote]
Yeah - that 5 yard slant route was a thing of champions... I'd tend to give more credit to Holmes than ben, ben. And, Ben didn't knock us out the year before. Kimo did.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='485366' date='May 11 2007, 09:28 AM']Yeah - that 5 yard slant route was a thing of champions... I'd tend to give more credit to Holmes than ben, ben. And, Ben didn't knock us out the year before. Kimo did.[/quote]

He proved last year what everyone including stealers fans already knew. Remove fat fuck fat fuck fat fuck bettis from the equation and rely more on the passing game and the stealers offense is in big trouble. I bet Tomlin drafts a QB early next year. Especially after Ben gets a couple more thumb injuries, malaria, yellow spotted rocky mountain fever....

[quote name='Hooky' post='485491' date='May 11 2007, 02:02 PM']I bet Tomlin drafts a QB early next year. Especially after Ben gets a couple more thumb injuries, malaria, yellow spotted rocky mountain fever, another super bowl ring....[/quote]
You are correct sir, a solid backup will be needed after batch is gone :D

• 1 month later...
[quote name='steelpride12' post='503709' date='Jun 24 2007, 02:59 PM']who cares look who won the superbowl look who has 5 trophies! look who has nothing bengals stop crying babies!!![/quote]
Typical fan hahahahahahaha

5 BABY!!!1 yeahhhh!1111

Even though 4 of them came before this fuck was even born.

[quote name='steelpride12' post='503709' date='Jun 24 2007, 02:59 PM']who cares look who won the superbowl look who has 5 trophies! look who has nothing bengals stop crying babies!!![/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

5 superbowls ROFLLOLerz

That never gets old.

I think you mean,

4 Steroid Induced and 1 questionable "Championships"

Dont you?

Archived