Vista Help Needed

Anyone have problems with Adobe on Vista? I have a laptop with Vista preinstalled when I bought it and when I try to open a .pdf file, it allows me to open it but 5 seconds later I get a runtime error which causes the program to close. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happens each time. Any suggestions or tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know we have some geeks that can help me out... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='483983' date='May 8 2007, 10:54 AM']Anyone have problems with Adobe on Vista? I have a laptop with Vista preinstalled when I bought it and when I try to open a .pdf file, it allows me to open it but 5 seconds later I get a runtime error which causes the program to close. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happens each time. Any suggestions or tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know we have some geeks that can help me out... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.[/quote]

works fine on my end, i run about every adobe program there is, all work great, what version of adobe are you installing? if its older it might not be for vista. hop on isohunt.com and grab the latest professional version. mine works perfectly.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='483996' date='May 8 2007, 01:05 PM']works fine on my end, i run about every adobe program there is, all work great, what version of adobe are you installing? if its older it might not be for vista. hop on isohunt.com and grab the latest professional version. mine works perfectly.[/quote]

I was trying to install the 8.0 reader only as previously I tried to install 6.0 professional and that didnt work. So I figured maybe its a compatability issue with Vista since 6.0 is a little old so I uninstalled 6.0 Pro and tried to open a file using the preinstalled 7.0 reader and it opened the file but the runtime error occurred 5 seconds into viewing the .pdf I opened. Now, everytime I open a .pdf file, it works just fine for about 5 seconds and then the runtime error occurrs each time. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='484027' date='May 8 2007, 11:18 AM']I was trying to install the 8.0 reader only as previously I tried to install 6.0 professional and that didnt work. So I figured maybe its a compatability issue with Vista since 6.0 is a little old so I uninstalled 6.0 Pro and tried to open a file using the preinstalled 7.0 reader and it opened the file but the runtime error occurred 5 seconds into viewing the .pdf I opened. Now, everytime I open a .pdf file, it works just fine for about 5 seconds and then the runtime error occurrs each time. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.[/quote]

Might also want to try running it under Windows XP mode...

Suggestions appreciated.

It was actually a bad updater .api file that I had to rename in the program files directory. That seems to have fixed it but Adobe Pro 6.0 is not compatible with Vista so I only have the 8.0 reader on there currently. I'll have to ask my buddy in China to send the bootleg Adobe 8.0 Pro to me :ninja:

Archived