Halo 3 Beta

I was so pumped today because I went into work early and thus left early... meaning that I had massive amounts of time to devote to the Halo 3 beta tonight. But no, someone up above has forbidden it. First, it started with internet connection problems. (sidenote: I find it very, very frustrating that Road Runner does not have a telephone help line, only an internet help site. 9 times out of 10 when a person is having problems with RR, it is connectivity issues which render the help site useless.)

After I get the modem fixed, I go to download the Beta and it tells me it's not available for DL yet. BULLSHIT. I check the internet and I guess they are having some issues with Crackdown owners being able to DL the beta.

So, has anyone else had any luck yet?

Guest BengalsOwn
It's ready now.

I just loaned my 360 to my neighbor unfortunately. But he let's me borrow his mower (after I stored it in my garage all winter, I think I deserve to use it a few times, but damn I only have a push mower and it takes me forever to mow my backyard). Hopefully this weekend I'll be playing the beta.

got to play it for about an hour earlier today. I am surprised at how well it played considering that it is a beta. I expected it to have some lag issues, at least, but it played really well.

Now I just have to get used to the controls. I've only played Halo2 a handful of times and never played the original, so needless to say I was getting pwned while I was trying to figure everything out.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
ive knocked out 20 games so far on this XBL name.

[url="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHalo3.aspx?player=DefStr8Gunna"]http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHal...er=DefStr8Gunna[/url]

the last couple of games were bad. i was trying to test out the level and go roaming instead of fighting since we had a good team put together. we still won most of them, but my scores are significantly different from the first 14-15 games.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='sois' post='487832' date='May 17 2007, 05:21 PM']I'm so terrible at Halo, I can't tell the difference between Halo3 and Halo2[/quote]
the only real difference is how strong the weapons are and the few new ones. its the h3 beta and is pretty much slightly upgraded h2 graphics with slightly upgraded gameplay.

i hate halo 2 because its so much worse than halo 1, but if halo 1 was never around id love halo 2. halo 3 is better than halo 2, but at this point doesnt live up to halo 1. it takes much more skill than h2, but not as much as h1 so far. there is a lot that will change tho since its obviously only the beta.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Soundwave' post='488000' date='May 18 2007, 12:16 AM']Is it too late to ge an invite with a Crackdown copy?[/quote]
u should be able to find some floating around, just call some local game stores. im sure one of them has one.

its worth it too. crackdown is a solid game i had fun playing and the h3 beta is pretty good and extended to june 10th now.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='488001' date='May 18 2007, 12:18 AM']u should be able to find some floating around, just call some local game stores. im sure one of them has one.

its worth it too. crackdown is a solid game i had fun playing and the h3 beta is pretty good and extended to june 10th now.[/quote]
My friend has a copy of the Crackdown with the Halo 3 beta, and he sucks at Halo. He's going to let me borrow the disc for a couple of weeks cause he can't handle the ass beatings he takes online. Dude's like a true 1 rank in Halo.

I've played the Crackdown demo. It seems alright, but I don't really get into the GTA style games that much.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='488068' date='May 18 2007, 09:03 AM']how can you download the beta... do you have to get crackdown?[/quote]
that is the only option now.

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='488068' date='May 18 2007, 09:03 AM']how can you download the beta... do you have to get crackdown?[/quote]

If you go that route (its the only option, so if you want it, you have to), make sure you get a copy of Crackdown that says on the cover that it contains a Halo 3 invite. Not all copies of Crackdown come loaded with the invite.

Amen, you seem to hold your own on this game, so i have to ask you for some advice. I get the whole constantly jumping around so you're a harder target to hit, but how are some people so damn accurate, even when I'm jumping? I'll run into a person every now and then who will blast me in two shots, regardless of whether I'm going up or coming down. There's no way to target lock, is there?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
and no there isnt a target lock. if u jump then ur guy can only go in 1 direction. i wish everyone jumped, id go 50 and 0.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='489445' date='May 21 2007, 10:05 PM']and no there isnt a target lock. if u jump then ur guy can only go in 1 direction. i wish everyone jumped, id go 50 and 0.[/quote]

then what is the answer?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WD40' post='489462' date='May 21 2007, 10:36 PM']then what is the answer?[/quote]
what do u mean? there is no target lock. and dont jump it makes u vulnerable. it is easier to shoot someone jumping than someone running. so dont jump it will get you raped.

3 things to NEVER do: 1) run in a straight line, 2) jump when in battle (unless up REALLY close and even then it isnt always good), 3) stand still.

i have never played halo(former playstation guy), but am very exiceted about the relase of halo 3. I was thinking about going and buying halo and halo 2. Are the buttons the same as halo 3? would that help me get up to speed when halo 3 comes out?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='whodey24k' post='490030' date='May 23 2007, 11:29 AM']i have never played halo(former playstation guy), but am very exiceted about the relase of halo 3. I was thinking about going and buying halo and halo 2. Are the buttons the same as halo 3? would that help me get up to speed when halo 3 comes out?[/quote]
similar. but remember halo 1 and 2 were for the xbox and this is for the 360. there is a slight difference but 1 and 2 are the same. 1 is by far the best. nothing will ever touch the multiplayer experience that halo 1 has.

i dont play the single player really, but i was told 1's was much better than 2's.

Guest mongoloido

If I were a 360 owner, I'd be much more excited about the release of Bioshock in August than the Halo 3 release in September (for that matter, I'd be more geeked about the HalfLife 2 Orange release than Halo 3 too). Bioshock is going to knock your socks off.... Might soil your shorts if you play in the dark too. :)

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='490064' date='May 23 2007, 01:00 PM']similar. but remember halo 1 and 2 were for the xbox and this is for the 360. there is a slight difference but 1 and 2 are the same. 1 is by far the best. nothing will ever touch the multiplayer experience that halo 1 has.

i dont play the single player really, but i was told 1's was much better than 2's.[/quote]
what buttons changed in 3?

I like 1 for the simple fact you can actually kill someone with a pistol...but i like the maps on 2 better. Probably because i love lockout.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='mongoloido' post='490094' date='May 23 2007, 02:05 PM']If I were a 360 owner, I'd be much more excited about the release of Bioshock in August than the Halo 3 release in September (for that matter, I'd be more geeked about the HalfLife 2 Orange release than Halo 3 too). Bioshock is going to knock your socks off.... Might soil your shorts if you play in the dark too. :)[/quote]
half life = shit on consoles so far. i only care about 1 game for the 360 right now...Assassin's Creed. That game is going to be one of the best video games of all time.

[quote name='JC' post='490172' date='May 23 2007, 03:51 PM']what buttons changed in 3?

I like 1 for the simple fact you can actually kill someone with a pistol...but i like the maps on 2 better. Probably because i love lockout.[/quote]
X button is 3 is now a queer ass equipment drop (stupid as hell). halo 1 had the best maps. Hang Em High, Chillout, and Damnation are godly. Lockout is cool (the only h2 map i like). Halo 1 was far superior because it was FILLED with skill. I can jump on halo 2 anytime and destroy people. In halo 1 i have to be playing for a while to compete with others. You cant just pick it up and dominate like you can in halo 2 and 3.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='490189' date='May 23 2007, 04:10 PM']half life = shit on consoles so far. i only care about 1 game for the 360 right now...Assassin's Creed. That game is going to be one of the best video games of all time.
X button is 3 is now a queer ass equipment drop (stupid as hell). halo 1 had the best maps. Hang Em High, Chillout, and Damnation are godly. Lockout is cool (the only h2 map i like). Halo 1 was far superior because it was FILLED with skill. I can jump on halo 2 anytime and destroy people. In halo 1 i have to be playing for a while to compete with others. You cant just pick it up and dominate like you can in halo 2 and 3.[/quote]
i don't have a xbox so i was brought up on halo 2 on my friends xbox when we played. We just played H1 about a month ago and i loved it. The pistol was kick ass. I only played a few maps...Hang em high was my fav. I probably would have enjoyed it more if there wasnt so much screen looking. Chillout is good too.

Equipment drop=fucking stupid. You can do that when you need to pick another weapon up.

I heard on the new halo 2 maps they did a remake of hang em high...ill have to check that out.

Archived