this dude is a beast!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='490015' date='May 23 2007, 10:16 AM']isnt that the kid who moved in with deion sanders?[/quote]

not sure but im almost positive he's playing in West Virginia. so if that doesnt ruin his off the field cred. he will be one hell of a NFL back.

I live in Fort Myers and have seen him play for the last 4 years....a lot of the movies out there of him are from his freshman year. Reggie Bush type gamebreaker.....But he is far from Deion's best friend. The link tells the story.

[u]http://www.sptimes.com/2006/11/15/Sports/The_reluctant_legend.shtml[/u]

And some other baggage:

Mike Farrell
Devine's high school career ends in controversy.
Devine, the No. 1 all-purpose running back in the country, finished his senior season with 2,148 yards (more than 10-yards-per-carry) and 30 touchdowns, stretching his Lee County touchdown record to 92. He rushed for 130 yards and a score in his final game, a 20-14 loss to Manatee in the playoffs this past weekend. But it's the way the game ended that has been the focus.

Devine was stopped on a 3rd-and-1 and a 4th-and-1 at the North Fort Myers 44 with 2:50 remaining in the game and his team trailing 20-14. Earlier in the fourth quarter, a Devine fumble led to the winning score for Manatee. On the final play of the game, Devine was stopped for no gain at the Manatee 46-yardline with 17.5 seconds left in the game and North Fort Myers looking for a miracle.

"It was very hard to take," said the 5-foot-8, 165-pounder. "The fumble was just something that happened. I was trying to gain extra yardage like I always do and the ball popped out. They were geared up to stop me the whole game and I was used as a decoy a lot, but when it came down to the end everyone knew I was going to get the ball. There were just too many guys on me."

As the North Fort Myers team saluted their fans by singing the alma mater, Devine headed off to the locker room, dejected and distraught.

"I wasn't in the mood to sing, I was really down. I can't even describe it," said Devine. "I felt I let everyone down."

What happened next is in dispute.

"Coach (James Iandoli) and I had some words and me and Terrance argued with him," said Devine of the argument between the North Fort Myers head coach, Devine and senior running back Terrance Lewis. "It got pretty heated and I won't say what was said, but nothing became physical. It was just an argument. Then I find out I'm suspended for five days from school I'm not allowed to play in the Rotary South All-Star Classic, same with Terrance.

"This kind of stuff is why I think I need to get out of the area when I go off to college. I feel that people are out to get me here and now that I'm not playing football anymore it will get worse."

Iandoli could not talk about the incident when reached. However, the Fort Myers News-Press did report that Joe Donzelli, school district spokesman, concurred that "there was no physical altercation by Noel Devine with the coach. There was a lot of inappropriate language by Noel Devine."

Devine ends his career with a Lee County-record 92 scores.
Devine has considered moving at the end of this semester, back with Deion Sanders in Texas.

"I'm thinking about it," he said. "But I'll probably finish high school here and then just get out when I go to college. I'm letting Deion handle all the recruiting stuff now though, he's been supportive all along even when I decided not to stay out in Texas. I talk to him almost every day now."

So now that his high school career is over, Devine is focusing on the next step.

"I can't wait to play in the U.S. Army Game," he said. "That will be a chance to show everyone who doubts me what I can do. That's my next step and I have to figure out where I'm going to school."

What schools is he interested in?

"West Virginia, LSU and Florida pretty much but I'm not sure about Florida because I might want to leave," said Devine. "I don't think many schools have my cell phone number so there haven't been that many in contact with me but I want that to change. I'm open to any schools talking to me."

Devine feels he fits best in the West Virginia offense.

"That's a great offense and I think it's perfect for me," he said. "I like them the best right now but I also like LSU and Florida and a few other schools I haven't heard much from lately like Nebraska and Southern Cal."

And what about Florida State, Deion's alma mater and a school Devine had listed previously?

"I really think I want to get out of the state," he said. "But anything can happen. Now I can focus on recruiting."

And academics?

"I have to take the SAT and the ACT in December and I'm still doing my work in school so I hope I can qualify," he said. "A lot of people think I should take a year in prep school so that's a possibility but hopefully I won't have to."

The five-game suspension is Devine's second this school year and Devine knows it will further fuel his reputation as a troubled kid.

"People can think what they want," he said. "They don't know me. I can't control what people think. You think some people have your back but they don't so you don't know who to trust."

Think we have enough baggage as it is - don't need any more........

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='The Future' post='490042' date='May 23 2007, 12:10 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s[/url]

The White Reggie Bush!

This kid is very entertaining. He's a Junior in high school in Texas.[/quote]

I'd take him over Divine.

[quote name='UCJT' post='490040' date='May 23 2007, 12:02 PM']I live in Fort Myers and have seen him play for the last 4 years....a lot of the movies out there of him are from his freshman year. Reggie Bush type gamebreaker.....But he is far from Deion's best friend. The link tells the story.

[u]http://www.sptimes.com/2006/11/15/Sports/The_reluctant_legend.shtml[/u]

And some other baggage:

Mike Farrell
Devine's high school career ends in controversy.
Devine, the No. 1 all-purpose running back in the country, finished his senior season with 2,148 yards (more than 10-yards-per-carry) and 30 touchdowns, stretching his Lee County touchdown record to 92. He rushed for 130 yards and a score in his final game, a 20-14 loss to Manatee in the playoffs this past weekend. But it's the way the game ended that has been the focus.

Devine was stopped on a 3rd-and-1 and a 4th-and-1 at the North Fort Myers 44 with 2:50 remaining in the game and his team trailing 20-14. Earlier in the fourth quarter, a Devine fumble led to the winning score for Manatee. On the final play of the game, Devine was stopped for no gain at the Manatee 46-yardline with 17.5 seconds left in the game and North Fort Myers looking for a miracle.

"It was very hard to take," said the 5-foot-8, 165-pounder. "The fumble was just something that happened. I was trying to gain extra yardage like I always do and the ball popped out. They were geared up to stop me the whole game and I was used as a decoy a lot, but when it came down to the end everyone knew I was going to get the ball. There were just too many guys on me."

As the North Fort Myers team saluted their fans by singing the alma mater, Devine headed off to the locker room, dejected and distraught.

"I wasn't in the mood to sing, I was really down. I can't even describe it," said Devine. "I felt I let everyone down."

What happened next is in dispute.

"Coach (James Iandoli) and I had some words and me and Terrance argued with him," said Devine of the argument between the North Fort Myers head coach, Devine and senior running back Terrance Lewis. "It got pretty heated and I won't say what was said, but nothing became physical. It was just an argument. Then I find out I'm suspended for five days from school I'm not allowed to play in the Rotary South All-Star Classic, same with Terrance.

"This kind of stuff is why I think I need to get out of the area when I go off to college. I feel that people are out to get me here and now that I'm not playing football anymore it will get worse."

Iandoli could not talk about the incident when reached. However, the Fort Myers News-Press did report that Joe Donzelli, school district spokesman, concurred that "there was no physical altercation by Noel Devine with the coach. There was a lot of inappropriate language by Noel Devine."

Devine ends his career with a Lee County-record 92 scores.
Devine has considered moving at the end of this semester, back with Deion Sanders in Texas.

"I'm thinking about it," he said. "But I'll probably finish high school here and then just get out when I go to college. I'm letting Deion handle all the recruiting stuff now though, he's been supportive all along even when I decided not to stay out in Texas. I talk to him almost every day now."

So now that his high school career is over, Devine is focusing on the next step.

"I can't wait to play in the U.S. Army Game," he said. "That will be a chance to show everyone who doubts me what I can do. That's my next step and I have to figure out where I'm going to school."

What schools is he interested in?

"West Virginia, LSU and Florida pretty much but I'm not sure about Florida because I might want to leave," said Devine. "I don't think many schools have my cell phone number so there haven't been that many in contact with me but I want that to change. I'm open to any schools talking to me."

Devine feels he fits best in the West Virginia offense.

"That's a great offense and I think it's perfect for me," he said. "I like them the best right now but I also like LSU and Florida and a few other schools I haven't heard much from lately like Nebraska and Southern Cal."

And what about Florida State, Deion's alma mater and a school Devine had listed previously?

"I really think I want to get out of the state," he said. "But anything can happen. Now I can focus on recruiting."

And academics?

"I have to take the SAT and the ACT in December and I'm still doing my work in school so I hope I can qualify," he said. "A lot of people think I should take a year in prep school so that's a possibility but hopefully I won't have to."

The five-game suspension is Devine's second this school year and Devine knows it will further fuel his reputation as a troubled kid.

"People can think what they want," he said. "They don't know me. I can't control what people think. You think some people have your back but they don't so you don't know who to trust."
Think we have enough baggage as it is - don't need any more........[/quote]
I remember reading about him when college recruiting was really big - back in January. He has some major baggage going and I think most major colleges (FSU, Miami, Florida, etc. were logicals as he's from Florida) all pulled off the kid. If Miami pulls off a kid you know something is really bad. He'll not make it through is college career and get to the draft, I don't think.

[quote name='chenry15' post='490083' date='May 23 2007, 01:36 PM']We have Kenny Irons now.

Screw any other fast running back, Irons is going to show doubters around the world why we drafted him.[/quote]

I agree, but that's not the point. It's the offseason, post-draft, pre-training camp - not a lot to talk about. These highlight tapes are fun to watch. Probably in the wrong forum, but who cares.

I have a hard time believing he got suspended 5 days from school for vulgar words...there had to be a death threat or some contact to lose days from school...something of that nature.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='490087' date='May 23 2007, 01:41 PM']I remember reading about him when college recruiting was really big - back in January. He has some major baggage going and I think most major colleges (FSU, Miami, Florida, etc. were logicals as he's from Florida) all pulled off the kid. If Miami pulls off a kid you know something is really bad. He'll not make it through is college career and get to the draft, I don't think.[/quote]
FSU wanted him really bad. Deion was heavily on him trying to get him to either go to FSU or go to a prep school for a year and then to FSU. He was really interested in WVU though. I got a friend who goes to WVU and his roomate owns a NFL jersey for every WVU player to ever make it to the NFL and he said that Devine was the most heavily recruited player by WVU since he began following him. I guess they broke a TON of recruiting rules (more so than normal) trying to get this kid.

[quote name='JC' post='490179' date='May 23 2007, 03:59 PM']I have a hard time believing he got suspended 5 days from school for vulgar words...there had to be a death threat or some contact to lose days from school...something of that nature.[/quote]

eh.. a solid "well fuck you bitch" to a teacher or priceipal will do it

[quote name='GoBengals' post='490181' date='May 23 2007, 04:01 PM']eh.. a solid "well fuck you bitch" to a teacher or priceipal will do it[/quote]
I saw a kid say that to my soccer coach last year and missed a start. Something had to have been worse...maybe not thoughh..

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='490180' date='May 23 2007, 03:59 PM']FSU wanted him really bad. Deion was heavily on him trying to get him to either go to FSU or go to a prep school for a year and then to FSU. He was really interested in WVU though. I got a friend who goes to WVU and his roomate owns a NFL jersey for every WVU player to ever make it to the NFL and he said that Devine was the most heavily recruited player by WVU since he began following him. I guess they broke a TON of recruiting rules (more so than normal) trying to get this kid.[/quote]

Deion wanted him to go to a prep school in CT, and the belief was that he was going to head there - as there were a lot of questions as to him qualifying. WVU supposedly was willing to move his girlfriend and baby up there to be with him. He was unofficially involved (not reported) in a number of fights in H.S., and was really getting pulled around by adults who were hangers on....I feel bad for the kid considering his circumstances (parents died of AIDS when he was really young). I'm not saying that he is a great kid, but when a whole bunch of questionable people are surrounding a young man like that, it makes for a tough situation.

I hope he does well at WVU - he is really fun to watch....

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='490181' date='May 23 2007, 04:01 PM']eh.. a solid "well fuck you bitch" to a teacher or priceipal will do it[/quote]

haha. not at sycamore apparently.

Archived