What do you do for a living?

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='492540' date='May 29 2007, 07:43 PM']I'm hoping for a softball scholarship. Maybe Soccer, but i tore my rotator cuff last softball season, and as of right now im goin to physical therapy to avoid surgery, but it looks like surgery is the only answer, so i may be out of a scholarship, which hacks me off.
Other than that, no i dont think i'll be gettin an academic scholarship, because although i'm a very smart girl and an extremely good test taker, i don't like to take time to turn in my work. I know how retarded that sounds, but it's true, and no matter how much i tell myself: "Get your act together missy, or no fuckin college is going to accept you", i just can't make myself do the work. Although, it is really easy.
My dad is very wealthy. He is a regional manager for some kind of oil company in FL. That's where my college funding will be coming from, i hope.
If not I'm guessing student loans will take care of some.
I will be attending a Junior college in Orlando for two years then [b]tranferring to UF afterwards[/b].[/quote]
Sounds like a plan... all except that last part.
That is a bad, bad decision. You don't want to attend Florida.

:ninja:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='492602' date='May 29 2007, 10:31 PM']Seriously 5 years is nothing.
I'm mature for my age.[/quote]

i GUARENTEE in 5 years, you will come back and reread this comment and laugh to yourself...

if i could look back at myself at 17-18, i would be both scared and hysterically laughing at some of the stuff i "knew" :)

currently, i work at an investment firm, but i do boring ass clerical work... But they pay for 90% of my education, so i'm going to NKU right now...

I'm going for for Computer Information Technology, but who knows what teh hell i'll end up getting into, b/c a CIT degree is very general...

my advice though, stay away from being a bartender... not bashing anyone that does that, but you tend to work nights, and you are around a tougher crowd... find a nice big company that pays good benefits and start at the bottom... you may even have to be a temp for a year or so, but once you get hired on, most places will pay for your education if that will be a problem for you..

don't worry about not knowing what you want to do... i failed out of college my first round, b/c i wasn't mature enough for it... if you think H.S. is hard, college is a whole new world...

Good luck though...

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='492540' date='May 29 2007, 07:43 PM']I'm hoping for a softball scholarship. Maybe Soccer, but i tore my rotator cuff last softball season, and as of right now im goin to physical therapy to avoid surgery, but it looks like surgery is the only answer, so i may be out of a scholarship, which hacks me off.
Other than that, no i dont think i'll be gettin an academic scholarship, because although i'm a very smart girl and an extremely good test taker, i don't like to take time to turn in my work. I know how retarded that sounds, but it's true, and no matter how much i tell myself: "Get your act together missy, or no fuckin college is going to accept you", i just can't make myself do the work. Although, it is really easy.
My dad is very wealthy. He is a regional manager for some kind of oil company in FL. That's where my college funding will be coming from, i hope.
If not I'm guessing student loans will take care of some.
I will be attending a Junior college in Orlando for two years then tranferring to UF afterwards.[/quote]

First, age is not a factor if you're dating someone named Bunghole.

Actually, the reason I asked about finances is that I was going to suggest a 2-year JC or Technical school. I finally got an Associates at Cincinnati State for Computer Programming in my late 30s. I started the program right out of high school. JK. I was in the service for 8 years and finally got around to getting a degree. I wish I would have done it right out of high school. You can feel out your interests cheaper and with less risk at a JC or trade school then get a job with an Associates and get your new employer to help pay for the 4-year program.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='492639' date='May 29 2007, 11:10 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
It's about time you came around to the NRA (Rudi32) way....
If you were packin' you could pick off your daughter's dates from 300 yards easy....[/quote]

Bung bro,

I got an 8mm with a nice leo scope. Im good for 500-600 yards :ninja:

[quote name='rudi32' post='493099' date='May 30 2007, 09:59 PM']Bung bro,

I got an 8mm with a nice leo scope. Im good for 500-600 yards :ninja:[/quote]

Can the scope see if boys are putting their hands where they dont belong when they are parked outside? :ninja:

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='493199' date='May 30 2007, 09:58 PM']So I picked a book up at hastings about the gasoline and oil industry, it was really interesting, and i may want to do something with economics.[/quote]
Again, do whatever you find interesting. I find it alarming that there are so many people your age that find no interest in anything at all, besides maybe copulating and getting wasted in one way or another.
There IS a middle ground there, for young people that can see themselves at least a few years into the future....

[quote name='Hooky' post='492784' date='May 30 2007, 09:55 AM'][b]First, age is not a factor if you're dating someone named Bunghole.[/b]

Actually, the reason I asked about finances is that I was going to suggest a 2-year JC or Technical school. I finally got an Associates at Cincinnati State for Computer Programming in my late 30s. I started the program right out of high school. JK. I was in the service for 8 years and finally got around to getting a degree. I wish I would have done it right out of high school. You can feel out your interests cheaper and with less risk at a JC or trade school then get a job with an Associates and get your new employer to help pay for the 4-year program.[/quote]
Hey!
:shakesfist:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='493540' date='May 31 2007, 02:56 PM']a manager at a skyline chili............ugh[/quote]
which one?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='493749' date='May 31 2007, 11:53 PM']Im in Orlando for a month!!!!
Time to find hot boys..[/quote]
Billy D is the 6 million dollar a year man! find him.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='493749' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:23 AM']Im in Orlando for a month!!!!
Time to find hot boys..[/quote]

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='493755' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:36 AM']Billy D is the 6 million dollar a year man! find him.[/quote]

[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0196229/zool_09.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]"That Billy D, he's so hot right now!"[/b][/size]

I LOVE MY JOB!.......I work for the Cincinnati Enquirer, I'm a Graphic Artist specializing in
Automotive Advertising...they call me a Desktop Publisher but I'd rather be called
a Graphic Artist....If you live in the Cincy area and get the paper, most of my
work runs on Thursdays and Saturdays....I don't get a chance to be very creative
because you have to follow certain guidelines from the Corporate offices and get their
approvals for co-op money on the ads...I'm waiting for a Creative Artist position to open so
I can snag it but I went into the Enquirer in a lower position then I was qualified for....(still like it!)

(and I can gaze down at Paul Brown Stadium any time I feel like it!!)

some of my accounts are:

Subaru of Beechmont
Camargo Cadillac
Infiniti of Cincinnati (can't do squat in their ads, plain jane!)
Beechmont Scion (back cover of CiN Weekly)
The Audi Connection
Century Honda

I've gotten to know and love my dealers so if you ever head out for a new
car from one of these dealers....get in touch with me first!

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='492496' date='May 29 2007, 04:05 PM']Interesting...do you work for the park service or USGS or privately?

I learned it a few years ago in school, and recently used it to find an optimal biking route to avoid both steep inclines and bad neighborhoods while minimizing distance :thumbsup:[/quote]

Private company. Pitney Bowes to be exact. Basically we take an address and assign it latitude and longitude (geo-coding). Every time you use Mapquest, Yahoo! Maps, and Microsoft Live Local for directions you are using our software. We also have a tax assignment application that will plot your address on a map and determine whether you fall into a special tax boundary or not. I create and maintain the tax boundary data as well as FEMA flood maps, earthquake faultline, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

Archived