2007 Go-Bengals.com Madden Challenge

Guest Tigris

Guest Tigris
[url="http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=228452"]LINK TO TOURNAMENT BRACKET[/url]

[center][color="#FF8C00"]Welcome to the [/color][size=4][b]June 2007 Go-Bengals.com Madden Challenge[/b][/size] [color="#FF8C00"]for the XBOX 360.[/color][/center]

[b]Outline:[/b]
Each player will get two teams to play with. One team will be entered in the "Go-Bengals East" and the other in the "Go-Bengals West". The winner of each league will play each other to determine the June 2007 Go-Bengals.com Madden Challenge Champion. If the two teams are controlled by the same person, then he or she shall choose the team that wins the tournament. Names will be put into a hat and drawn out to see who picks first and then who plays each other. No team can be picked twice. The person who picks last in the 1st round of picking teams gets to pick first in the 2nd round of pickings (the snake). The same people will not play each other twice in a row in each "conference". If the draw does indeed come to that, we will put the newly drawn name at the bottom of that side of the bracket and begin drawing to determine who plays the #1 seed and work our way down. I promise to be completely honest with setting this up.

[b]Rules:[/b]
If Madden let's you do it, it's allowed. If someone wants to hurry-up offense the whole game, they can. This is not cheating. You can set your audibles and there are disadvantages to running that offense.

Allow the person you are playing time to set his or her own depth chart, audibles, etc. It's not fun to play with someone who won't even allow you time to check your own depth chart.

If you are up by 7 points and the other person is on their 1 yard line and you decide to mess around and blitz the house and get burned for a 99 yard slant and they go for 2 and make it, you lose. You should have went to prevent. Final score, no matter what, determines the winner.

A "skunk" option is given to any player that is losing at any point in the game. If exercising this option, the losing team gives up the game and it will be recorded using the current score.

If someone does not have a working mic, specify your intent over this board on what you're going to do if you will indeed use the "skunk" rule if down by so many points during the game.

If you get disconnected you lose, unless the opposing party accepts a rematch. If you are down by 28 and there's 2 minutes left in the game and it was decided to keep playing and the winning party is disconnected, you still lose unless the down party mans up and admits it wasn't going to happen. This is going to be the hardest part of the tournament... honesty and reality. The player that doesn't get disconnected has the final say, no matter what. He or she can get a house vote from board members if they think the situation needs to be evaluated by others. A word of advice: perhaps a simple rematch should take place, [i]but only if the party who did not get disconnected allows it.[/i]

Also, be kind to each other. Let it be friendly competition. I'm usually up for some smack-talk, but it's not to make anyone else upset, it just makes me laugh.

[b]Game Set-Up:[/b]

Each board member will add the person he or she plays and go from there. A time will be established and the game will be played. Try your best to make time so others do not have to wait for you. If you cannot play your game within a week you forfeit that game. Determining on the number of players participating, the day number can be subject to change.

If you know someone that wants to play in the tournament, they have to register on the board ([i]if this is not wanted, please let me know[/i]).

[b]How to begin:[/b]

Place your screen name, XBOX 360 Gamertag, and the quickest way to reach you via the internet if something were to occur or change. Also, place times when you are available, or are not available just so everyone knows. If people's schedules are EXTREMELY off of each others, then we will not have you guys play each other in the first round at least. Sign-ups last as long as we are getting members to join - they should not last any longer than a week.

[u]This is mine, for example:[/u]

screen name - Tigris

gamertag - uncommon belief

email: sixmatt@yahoo.com or PM me here

As of right now, I can't play Monday until about 4:00 pm or Thursdays until about 5:00 pm. Sunday nights are not good for me either unless it's decently late (10:00 pm or later).

[center]Thank you for participating in the [size=4][color="#FF8C00"]June 2007 Go-Bengals.com Madden Challenge!![/color][/size][/center]

[b]Offical entree list:[/b]

Tigris - uncommon belief
WhoDeyForever - WhoDey4Ever985
sexybengal - irishbengal721
sneaky - sneaky 513
GoBengals - GoBengals5
A-Men-HouseofPain - DefStr8Gunna
WhoDeeez - BlackLabelDeeez
Palmer4HOF - Palmer4hof

[b]DRAFT LIST AND OFFICIAL PICKS:[/b]

[u]Round 1[/u]

#1 - GoBengals - Cincinnati Bengals
#2 - Palmer4HOF - Indianapolis Colts
#3 - WhoDeeez - New England Patriots
#4 - A-Men-HouseofPain - Tennessee Titans
#5 - WhoDeyForever - San Diego Chargers
#6 - Tigris - Carolina Panthers
#7 - sneaky - Dallas Cowboys
#8 - sexybengal - Denver Broncos

[u]Round 2[/u]
#9 - sexybengal - Philadelphia Eagles
#10 - sneaky - Atlanta Falcons
#11 - Tigris - St. Louis Rams
#12 - WhoDeyForever - Seattle Seahawks
#13 - A-Men-HouseofPain - New Orleans Saints
#14 - WhoDeeez - Arizona Cardinals
#15 - Palmer4HOF - Minnesota Vikings
#16 - GoBengals -

Guest Tigris
I didn't want to put this on the main post... but does the winner be awarded something or just bragging rights? Maybe the losers have to put something about the winner in their sig until the next one is started? Thoughts?

[color="#FF0000"][b]Uh.........damn..........it seems like you put in a lot of thought behind this, Tigris.

I played Palmer4HOF yesterday and he mentioned he'll be out of town this week, so I hope nothing
will start "officially" until he gets back in town because I know he was interested in taking part in something
like this.

As far as the rules, I do not like the rule where someone can claim a victory after going up by 24.

It is stupid. I know plenty of players, including myself, who have comeback from larger deficits to
either steal the win or make the game a close one.

To truly beat somebody you should either have more points than your opponent when the game ends or
thrash him until he submits. This "I'm up by 24 and I win" stuff is lame.
[/b][/color]

Guest WhoDeyForever
screen name - WhoDeyForever

gamertag - WhoDey4Ever985

Quickest way to contact me: AIM: ChdrbobInNati06...PM me..or MSN: WhoDeyForever9@hotmail.com

Available whenever.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='sneaky' post='498742' date='Jun 11 2007, 05:13 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Uh.........damn..........it seems like you put in a lot of thought behind this, Tigris.

I played Palmer4HOF yesterday and he mentioned he'll be out of town this week, so I hope nothing
will start "officially" until he gets back in town because I know he was interested in taking part in something
like this.

As far as the rules, I do not like the rule where someone can claim a victory after going up by 24.

It is stupid. I know plenty of players, including myself, who have comeback from larger deficits to
either steal the win or make the game a close one.

To truly beat somebody you should either have more points than your opponent when the game ends or
thrash him until he submits. This "I'm up by 24 and I win" stuff is lame.
[/b][/color][/quote]

I did... haha. A lot of smack-talk has been going on here and I want to know who's the best. I understand your 24 point rule. I personally have been down by 17 and came back... but that's it for it was the only time I was ever down. :lol:

Anyone want to second sneaky's notion of getting rid of the "24" rule?

We can wait until he gets back. I'd like to getthe bracket set up and at least get some of the games started as we'll have two teams.

Also, post your info!! I'd like to get this thing at least down on paper.
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='498746' date='Jun 11 2007, 05:47 PM']screen name - WhoDeyForever

gamertag - WhoDey4Ever985

Quickest way to contact me: AIM: ChdrbobInNati06...PM me..or MSN: WhoDeyForever9@hotmail.com

Available whenever.[/quote]

thank you

[quote name='sexybengal' post='498757' date='Jun 11 2007, 06:19 PM']screen name-sexybengal

gamertag-irishbengal721

contact me- AIM bengalfan721

i would be availabe any time after next week.
if anyones wants to get a game going tonight just send me a request[/quote]

and thank you

Guest Tigris
also, i may have to play on my friend's name... my brother has my xbox but im willing to drive to his house and add whoever and play them if i dont get it back on time. this probably wont happen, but wanted to give the heads up

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='498829' date='Jun 11 2007, 09:05 PM']I'm in but I am out of town until friday night[/quote]
we need your information for an official entry.

get with it!!!

:mellow:

Guest Tigris
[quote name='dimster' post='498831' date='Jun 11 2007, 09:07 PM']i would love to join this but i only play madden on pc, i am a pc gamer[/quote]
there's a couple of them here. ive only played one game that i really liked on the pc. but that is neither here nor there (AoE by the way). Anyone remember Chip's Challenge?

Has Amen been on? Why hasn't be signed up? That's who I want to play first. Hopefully the Madden Gods allow it.

Hey guys... I want to brag a little bit. I was at the gym today (yeah, i couldn't believe it either), and I heard this guy that lives with an ex roommate of mine was "unstoppable" at Madden. So, I did what every other sensible Madden player would, I mosied (sp.) on over and challenged the guy. I took a little shit for about 10 minutes how I would quit and how no matter who I was I was going to get stomped... needless to say, about 1 1/2 hours later, and about a half quarter more of shit-talking from the guy, the game ended 70-27 in my favor. <--- and that's the reason I want the "24" rule.

Never again will I play him. By the way, he is a Browns fan, so he got what he deserved.

I know we got more gamers than this. sign up!

[b]Screen Name: [/b] [color="#FF0000"][b]sneaky[/b][/color]

[b]Gamertag: [/b] [color="#FF0000"][b]sneaky 513[/b][/color]

[b]Quickest way to contact me:[/b] [b][color="#FF0000"]At A-men's girlfriend's place.[/color][/b]

Guest Tigris

PLEASE!!

[quote name='sneaky' post='498896' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:27 PM'][b]Screen Name: [/b] [color="#FF0000"][b]sneaky[/b][/color]

[b]Gamertag: [/b] [color="#FF0000"][b]sneaky 513[/b][/color]

[b]Quickest way to contact me:[/b] [b][color="#FF0000"]At A-men's girlfriend's place.[/color][/b][/quote]
thank you

and jesus christ it doesnt stop. :thumbsup: keep up the good work

sneaky, is that a space in between your name and the numbers? i tried to add you before... i must have missed that part

Guest Tigris
fellas, as of right now, we have an 8 team tournament. not really that bad. of amen would get on here and when we get palmer4hof, we'll have a decent group.

[quote name='Tigris' post='498897' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:28 PM']sneaky, is that a space in between your name and the numbers? i tried to add you before... i must have missed that part[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Yes. There is a space between the "sneaky" and the "513".

I did that so I could squeeze in a white girl in between.........like a Oreo cookie.[/b][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Tigris, I still have a problem with that rule of yours.

The score can be 24-7 late in the first half with the trailing team on the verge of scoring. A sudden
fumble or interception taken to the house would end the game? WTF?

If you play this game enough enough you will know that crazy shit can happen. Just last week, I returned
the opening KO, got a safety and returned that KO to have a 16-0 lead on WDF in the first 3 minutes of the
game.

The option of calling a game a "skunk" should only be given to the team that is losing.

[/b][/color]

Guest Tigris
[quote name='sneaky' post='498903' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Yes. There is a space between the "sneaky" and the "513".

I did that so I could squeeze in a white girl in between.........like a Oreo cookie.[/b][/color][/quote]

ahhhh, the creme... always the best part

Guest Tigris

[quote name='sneaky' post='498910' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:47 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Tigris, I still have a problem with that rule of yours.

The score can be 24-7 late in the first half with the trailing team on the verge of scoring. A sudden
fumble or interception taken to the house would end the game? WTF?

If you play this game enough enough you will know that crazy shit can happen. Just last week, I returned
the opening KO, got a safety and returned that KO to have a 16-0 lead on WDF in the first 3 minutes of the
game.

The option of calling a game a "skunk" should only be given to the team that is losing.

[/b][/color][/quote]

Fine. Rule changed. Get off my back.

:weaksauce:

For now on, a "skunk" option is given to any player that is losing at any point in the game.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='GoBengals' post='498921' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:10 AM']screen name - GoBengals

gamertag - GoBengals5

email: ryan5@tmo.blackberry.net or PM me here

i work retail hours, so im free typically later at night, unless im off, then during the afternoons... so whenever.[/quote]
thank you

the godfather was kind enough to grace us with his presence... the rest will now follow

Guest Tigris
[url="http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=227645"]BRACKET[/url]

If we get about the number of guys to enter as I think we will, the bracket will be in this form and the new one will be able to be viewed (a new link) and will be displayed when everyone enters and picks their teams.

[quote name='Tigris' post='498925' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:33 AM'][url="http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=227645"]BRACKET[/url]

If we get about the number of guys to enter as I think we will, the bracket will be in this form and the new one will be able to be viewed (a new link) and will be displayed when everyone enters and picks their teams.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Damn. You are really going the extra mile on this one aren't you? I'm impressed.[/b][/color]

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='498933' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:56 AM']Is there a losers bracket? :rolleyes:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No, but there's a "virgins bracket" and you are the number 1 seed.[/b][/color] :ninja:

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='sneaky' post='498936' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:03 AM'][color="#ff0000"][b]Damn. You are really going the extra mile on this one aren't you? I'm impressed.[/b][/color]

[color="#ff0000"][b]No, but there's a "virgins bracket" and you are the number 1 seed.[/b][/color] :ninja:[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Archived