2007 Go-Bengals.com Madden Challenge

Guest Tigris

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
screen name - AmenHouseofPain

gamertag - DefStr8Gunna

email: i never check it

IM: AllStar0608

Call/text me: if you PM me ill give you my #. this is the best way to get me.

Availability: late nights is about it. i might be able to squeeze something in if other guys cant get on late, but my typical availability now is late.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='498933' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:56 AM']Is there a losers bracket? :rolleyes:[/quote]

not really sure if this was out of jest or not, but no. we get two teams each with single elimination

[quote name='sneaky' post='498936' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:03 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Damn. You are really going the extra mile on this one aren't you? I'm impressed.[/b][/color]
[color="#FF0000"][b]No, but there's a "virgins bracket" and you are the number 1 seed.[/b][/color] :ninja:[/quote]

:thumbsup: it's the only way to attract people. the website i found to make that bracket seems bad ass. ours is going to look generic because it'll be my first, but it will definitely do.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='498942' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:10 AM']screen name - AmenHouseofPain

gamertag - DefStr8Gunna

email: i never check it

IM: AllStar0608

Call/text me: if you PM me ill give you my #. this is the best way to get me.

Availability: late nights is about it. i might be able to squeeze something in if other guys cant get on late, but my typical availability now is late.[/quote]

thank you sir. you have now been added.

Guest Tigris
we have 6 guys, 12 teams so far. with the addition of palmer4hof when he gets back and with the hopeful addition of another, we'd have 8 guys and 16 teams, which i think would make out to be a very fun tournament.

it would be IDEAL to get 16 guys. hopefully we can get 10 for this one, though.

Guest Tigris
I need some input.

What do you guys think of the snake draft for teams? Good/bad idea? It would be an extremely long time before the #1 pick got to go again. That could mean 14 teams were picked in between each of his picks. If you don't like it, what do you recommend? But then again, they do get the pick of the litter... just want to know if there are any other ideas that could make it better.

Also, what does everyone think of people playing from outside the board? I have a close friend that is available any time and would play. This a bad idea? If it's okay, then should they be told to register and post before playing? Just want some opinions...

edit: actually, my brother and a friend will play if allowed. if you'd rather just keep it within the board, that is fine... that may be for the best anyway.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i think if we are doing a "tourney" it should be board only so the winner can own sigs. the other guys can just play all of us on the side. im always willing to play guys online.

[quote name='Tigris' post='498957' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:39 AM']I need some input.

What do you guys think of the snake draft for teams? Good/bad idea? It would be an extremely long time before the #1 pick got to go again. That could mean 14 teams were picked in between each of his picks. If you don't like it, what do you recommend? But then again, they do get the pick of the litter... just want to know if there are any other ideas that could make it better.

Also, what does everyone think of people playing from outside the board? I have a close friend that is available any time and would play. This a bad idea? If it's okay, then should they be told to register and post before playing? Just want some opinions...

edit: actually, my brother and a friend will play if allowed. if you'd rather just keep it within the board, that is fine... that may be for the best anyway.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I think we should keep it strictly "members only".[/b][/color]

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='sneaky' post='498965' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:50 AM'][color="#ff0000"][b]I think we should keep it strictly "members only".[/b][/color][/quote]

Same here..How are we going to determine the 1st person that picks first and so on?

Guest Tigris
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='498961' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:46 AM']i think if we are doing a "tourney" it should be board only so the winner can own sigs. the other guys can just play all of us on the side. im always willing to play guys online.[/quote]

[quote name='sneaky' post='498965' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:50 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I think we should keep it strictly "members only".[/b][/color][/quote]

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='498968' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:55 AM']Same here..How are we going to determine the 1st person that picks first and so on?[/quote]

looks like it's just us.

under "outline" in the first post i said i would draw out of a hat and we'd do the "snake" draft style where the last person who picks in the first round picks first in the second round and so on. for instance, if i picked first in the first, i would pick last in the second.

im not too sure if this is a good idea though. it's fine with me, but i want everyone to feel like they had a fair chance at a couple decent teams or teams of their liking

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Tigris' post='498971' date='Jun 12 2007, 02:03 AM']looks like it's just us.

under "outline" in the first post i said i would draw out of a hat and we'd do the "snake" draft style where the last person who picks in the first round picks first in the second round and so on. for instance, if i picked first in the first, i would pick last in the second.

im not too sure if this is a good idea though. it's fine with me, but i want everyone to feel like they had a fair chance at a couple decent teams or teams of their liking[/quote]
Yes I saw the thing where you said pick a name out of the hat, but how do we know you're not lying? :shakesfist:

Just kiddin with ya man :meatwad:

Guest Tigris

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='498981' date='Jun 12 2007, 03:18 AM']Yes I saw the thing where you said pick a name out of the hat, but how do we know you're not lying? :shakesfist:

Just kiddin with ya man :meatwad:[/quote]

:shrug:

Just going to have to trust me, I guess.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]

I'm welcoming suggestions... I could draw names out of a hat twice - for each round... but then someone has the chance to pick last two times.

OR

Say we get 10 people... I draw them out (and that's the order for the first round), and keep the top 5 and bottom 5 seperate (sp.). I then take the bottom five and draw out 3 for the first three picks in the 2nd round (to give the guys at the bottom of the first round a better chance of getting a higher pick in the second) and then take the rest (the other 2) and throw them back into the hat and finish off the second round like that. Someone could really get screwed with this, but it's the luck off the draw.

Heck, if we can just pick our own teams, then that would be great with me, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to be the Bengals. There's only 4 teams all together that I want to be... none of them have the highest rankings, so I have a decent chance to land 3 of them (except for the bengals). I just know them the best and seem to do better when I control them.

Care to say who you roll with? I'm a little gun shy about it... don't want anyone to know. Have to be stealthy around here, like our friend the ninja. :ninja:

Guest Tigris

We're going to try and kick this off this Saturday. Palmer4HOF will be back and I'm sure someone could squeeze in a game sometime then... I'd like to get out of the 1st round of the tourney by the end of next week. We definitely have to get the tournament done by the end of June - which shouldn't be a problem at all. I know I can definitely play my game whenever Saturday, unless for some reason I get a first round bye... :whistle:

Guest Tigris
[center][b][size=4]Registration CLOSES Friday night/Saturday morning!![/size][/b][/center]

Until a better suggestion is made, the "snake" draft is taking place. To find out how this works, please read the first post in the thread. The draft will be done late Friday night or early Saturday morning with the tournament officially kicking off at 2:00 pm Saturday. If Palmer4HOF can post his information earlier in the day, I am going to close registration sooner (on Friday) so I can get the draft set-up so we can get teams picked and I can set up the official bracket Saturday morning (i will be drawing out of a hat again for team seedings in the tournament, again, i promise to be honest).

If someone cannot be here or will not be around to make a pick Friday at all, PM me with your "autopick" teams. I'd do your top 15-20 teams at least, because I'm sure no one wants to be the Browns, Raiders, etc. I'll take the current team at the top of your list that has not been picked and picked them for you.

If you guys can, kind of advertise, PM, whatever, guys that you know play on here. I've sent out a few to people so far (and one of them joined!). I know [b]whodey24k[/b] plays but he hasn't signed up over here yet and I don't know his information. There has to be a decent number of guys on here that play. Help me find 'em!! Please!!

Guest Tigris
i just sent out a pm to everyone that has recently put up a gamertag in this section... if that doesnt work, then i dont know what to do

[quote name='Tigris' post='499108' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:27 PM']i just sent out a pm to everyone that has recently put up a gamertag in this section... if that doesnt work, then i dont know what to do[/quote]

:mellow:

[color="#FF0000"][b]I didn't get it.[/b][/color]

Guest Tigris

[quote name='sneaky' post='499113' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:34 PM']:mellow:

[color="#FF0000"][b]I didn't get it.[/b][/color][/quote]
I should have clarified. I meant to everyone that has posted a gamertag on here recently [b]that is yet to sign up[/b].

I sent out 13 about fifteen minutes ago. Maybe we'll snag a couple of them and draw them in.

[quote name='Tigris' post='499226' date='Jun 12 2007, 09:01 PM']someone can make time for him wednesday. sign the dude up![/quote]

I'll tell him to sign up when he gets back from his game tonight

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Storm' post='499236' date='Jun 12 2007, 05:18 PM']I'll tell him to sign up when he gets back from his game tonight[/quote]
sounds good!!

he may be the youngest player we'll have. if he does lose, someone may own a part of your signature for a while... unless he has his own account. but then again, if he takes the gold, then you'll more than likely have a chance to make us look bad :)

Guest Tigris
I've been playing around with the bracket maker and it's going to look good. There is even a section where we can put in "game notes" from each player and a box for statistics if we'd like.

If you want some of your statistics posted on the tournament page, make sure you write them down after your game or when your game ends.

Also, the game notes for each player is going to consist of a single quote by each member.

For example:

"I lost because LT didn't have his head in the game," or "What a fluke!"

Guest Tigris
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='499377' date='Jun 12 2007, 09:28 PM']I wish I could get in on this, but I just don't have time[/quote]
You really can't spare 2 hours a week for the next 2-3 weeks (if that)? Come on... do it for the kids!!

Guest Tigris
[center][b][size=5]Don't forget to come back here Friday night/Saturday morning to pick teams!! It should only take a few minutes!! Remember that if you send me a list, I can autopick for you!![/size][/b][/center]

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Tigris' post='499905' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:01 PM'][center][b][size=5]Don't forget to come back here Friday night/Saturday morning to pick teams!! It should only take a few minutes!! Remember that if you send me a list, I can autopick for you!![/size][/b][/center][/quote]
What time do you think?

Archived