Angels @ Reds Series Discussion

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='499347' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:25 PM']Dunn should have scored on Hamilton's double...at least he did on Gonzalez' single[/quote]

Hamiltons double was hard hit and Vladimer Guerrero plays right field.
If Dunn tried to score on that double he would have been thrown out at home.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='CTA513' post='499354' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:42 PM']Hamiltons double was hard hit and Vladimer Guerrero plays right field.
If Dunn tried to score on that double he would have been thrown out at home.[/quote]

I'm not saying he could have. I'm saying he should have been able to. Same for Hatteberg in the 5th.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='499358' date='Jun 12 2007, 08:55 PM']I'm not saying he could have. I'm saying he should have been able to. Same for Hatteberg in the 5th.[/quote]

Not unless you want them thrown out at the plate.

Wow...Reds have now won 4 of their last 5 games...maybe there is hope this season after all. It would have been 5 in a row if Alex Gonzales wouldn't have been robbed of a game winning hit on Saturday.

Now 8.5 games out of 1st and hopefully climbing out of the basement soon. Only 3 games out of 2nd place too! :thumbsup:

Milwaukee 34 30 .531 -
Chi Cubs 28 35 .444 5.5
St. Louis 27 34 .443 5.5
Houston 27 37 .422 7.0
pissburgh 27 37 .422 7.0
Cincinnati 26 39 .400 8.5

I think tonights game is HUGE! I dont know why, but i feel like this game is extremely big. If we win I think we have a good shot at going on lik ea 7-8 game win streak or a 9 of 10 or something like that. But if we lose I have a feeling we could just stay at like 5-5 or something. I dont know why, but mark my words this is a big game.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='499809' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:57 PM']I think tonights game is HUGE! I dont know why, but i feel like this game is extremely big. If we win I think we have a good shot at going on lik ea 7-8 game win streak or a 9 of 10 or something like that. But if we lose I have a feeling we could just stay at like 5-5 or something. I dont know why, but mark my words this is a big game.[/quote]

Hey, every game is big. But the Reds need to continue to do well against their AL foes. So far 2 out of 3 vs. CLE, and hopefully at least 2 of 3 against LAA. A win tonight would guarantee 2 of 3 against the Angels so that's why I see it as a huge game too. I'd be nice to sweep the Rangers this weekend as they have the worst record in all of MLB. After that 3 at OAK, and 3 at SEA will be tough so the Reds need to take care of business at home and hopefully it carries on the road. These Interleague games are important because they could gain some ground in the division as typically the NL Central (and the NL for that matter) usually struggle in Interleague games.

Got Kyle Loshe going tonight and hopefully he stays as sharp as he's been in his last 3 starts. I just hope he consistently stays good and doesn't start to suck again.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='499875' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:17 PM']Hey, every game is big. But the Reds need to continue to do well against their AL foes. So far 2 out of 3 vs. CLE, and hopefully at least 2 of 3 against LAA. A win tonight would guarantee 2 of 3 against the Angels so that's why I see it as a huge game too. I'd be nice to sweep the Rangers this weekend as they have the worst record in all of MLB. After that 3 at OAK, and 3 at SEA will be tough so the Reds need to take care of business at home and hopefully it carries on the road. These Interleague games are important because they could gain some ground in the division as typically the NL Central (and the NL for that matter) usually struggle in Interleague games.

Got Kyle Loshe going tonight and hopefully he stays as sharp as he's been in his last 3 starts. I just hope he consistently stays good and doesn't start to suck again.[/quote]
I agree about these games..Milwaukee is slipping bad and we could gain a lot of ground before the interleague games are done.

About Lohse, he never really sucked..Those 3 games that he started he wasnt doing well..He came down with an illness that this whole team is getting..He started losing a lot of weight and just didnt have the energy..He's healthy now though and is back to his old-self...He is one of our best pitchers and I'm still surprised we got him from Minny..

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='499881' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:22 PM']I agree about these games..Milwaukee is slipping bad and we could gain a lot of ground before the interleague games are done.

About Lohse, he never really sucked..Those 3 games that he started he wasnt doing well..He came down with an illness that this whole team is getting..He started losing a lot of weight and just didnt have the energy..He's healthy now though and is back to his old-self...He is one of our best pitchers and I'm still surprised we got him from Minny..[/quote]

I remember that illness. It seemed like EVERYONE on the team got it at some point. I just remember after Loshe pitched that 8 inning shutout against the Cubs he had about 6 straight poor starts. I remember one in CLE where he didn't make it out of the 2nd inning. After that he had a video session with Dick Pole and he's been solid since, so I guess it was a combination of his pitching mechanics being off and being sick.

I know you slammed Arroyo last night, but I'll take what he gave us. 3 ER in 6 IP isn't a bad start, and it's certainly a huge improvement from his last 5 or 6 starts, plus the Angels are very good so I was worried he'd really get hit hard. Although he definitely needs to step it up and prove he's worth the contract extension he received this year.

Milwaukee just got no hit last night :pointlaff: and they have been bad lately. Only reason they are still in 1st is cuz they got off to a ridiculous start and the rest of the division had a bad month of May (with the Reds of course having the worst month of everyone). Honestly the Reds are lucky they are only 8.5 out because if MIL would have stayed hot it could have been about 16 by now.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='499886' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:29 PM']I know you slammed Arroyo last night, but I'll take what he gave us. 3 ER in 6 IP isn't a bad start, and it's certainly a huge improvement from his last 5 or 6 starts, plus the Angels are very good so I was worried he'd really get hit hard. Although he definitely needs to step it up and prove he's worth the contract extension he received this year.[/quote]
Yup. I am an arroyo hater..Believe it or not. :thumbsdown:

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='499881' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:22 PM']I agree about these games..Milwaukee is slipping bad and we could gain a lot of ground before the interleague games are done.

About Lohse, he never really sucked..Those 3 games that he started he wasnt doing well..He came down with an illness that this whole team is getting..He started losing a lot of weight and just didnt have the energy..He's healthy now though and is back to his old-self...He is one of our best pitchers and I'm still surprised we got him from Minny..[/quote]

someone give Adam Dunn that weight loss illness.

I like arroyo, I just think when he has a couple bad starts or bad luck in a row that he tries way to hard to get wins. If he wins a game or two I could see him start to get on a huge roll.

For the first time in years I think we have a good rotation with Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Belisle and Bailey. Its the RP that we have to worry about.

The big problem with our RP is the 7th and 8th innings. Everyday eddie should be back in like a week, and hopefully (who knows after a big injury like he had) he can pitch solid enough to take care of the 8th while weathers takes care of the 9th, or visa versa. Weathers has been pitching fine, but too many times he has to come in in the 8th because we have no other good RPs. So hopefully Eddie can get the 8th and we would be a lot better. That is of course if eddie pitches like he does last year.

I still have hope in the reds, and the main reason for this hope is because the NL Central is miserable this year, and someone is prob gonna win it with like 84 games this year. Im guessing 85 will win it, so we need to go 59-38.

So magic number for me right now is 59 wins. Make it 58 tonight!

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='499980' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:12 PM']I like arroyo, I just think when he has a couple bad starts or bad luck in a row that he tries way to hard to get wins. If he wins a game or two I could see him start to get on a huge roll.

For the first time in years I think we have a good rotation with Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Belisle and Bailey. Its the RP that we have to worry about.

The big problem with our RP is the 7th and 8th innings. Everyday eddie should be back in like a week, and hopefully (who knows after a big injury like he had) he can pitch solid enough to take care of the 8th while weathers takes care of the 9th, or visa versa. Weathers has been pitching fine, but too many times he has to come in in the 8th because we have no other good RPs. So hopefully Eddie can get the 8th and we would be a lot better. That is of course if eddie pitches like he does last year.

I still have hope in the reds, and the main reason for this hope is because the NL Central is miserable this year, and someone is prob gonna win it with like 84 games this year. Im guessing 85 will win it, so we need to go 59-38.

So magic number for me right now is 59 wins. Make it 58 tonight![/quote]
Good post, I agree and it's gametime!
Remember how long Arroyo was stuck on 9 wins last season?
Craziness.
I tell you, I think that the reds have reversed themselves unintentionally. The last few years we come out of the gate hot, leading the division in May, then suffering injuries and complete pitching collpases that lead to the team's demise by the All-Star break. But now we have a reverse-psychology thing going on.
We've sucked for awhile and now it seems we're starting to get hot. We'll see.
GO LOHSE!!!!

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='500047' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:21 PM']Bung, I like where your head is at, but its a lil earlier to say we are getting hot, win 2 more series in a row and then I might say we are getting hot.

By the way, I think that will happen, but im just saying its still a little early.[/quote]
I'm a homer, so the part of me that actually can think becomes detached from reality. I am cautiously optimistic at this point, on the real.

Archived