[quote name='frankie martin' post='501492' date='Jun 17 2007, 04:51 PM']Ive said many times now that i dont think Ben is as good as Carson. I'll say again i believe Carson is top 3 qb in the league. Is Ben as good as a lot of Steeler fans think he is? No, he isn't in that top tier, not really close either. However, he is NOT in the Aaron Brooks, Charlie Frye, Rex Grossman tier, i don't care what any of you say.
I don't feel like going thru every game last season, but im sure Ben's stats suffered if our running game wasnt goin good. Jamie, you forget that the Steelers whole offensive game plan was based on the run in the Cowher era (therefor if the run wasnt goin good, we were probably already behind and teams knew we were throwing). This season, Ben is gonna get more freedom to throw, do checkdowns, call plays etc. I know you guys all laugh at this, which is fine, but I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised by the results.[/quote]

this is no argument here. you are 100% right sir, and i respect your opinion. nice to see someone speak the truth, and not put ben along with QB's like payton, brady and so.
as far as laughing about him getting the freedom to throw, thats just the rivalry part of it. we will see what he's really made of by getting the no huddle!

[quote name='frankie martin' post='501492' date='Jun 17 2007, 04:51 PM']Ive said many times now that i dont think Ben is as good as Carson. I'll say again i believe Carson is top 3 qb in the league. Is Ben as good as a lot of Steeler fans think he is? No, he isn't in that top tier, not really close either. However, he is NOT in the Aaron Brooks, Charlie Frye, Rex Grossman tier, i don't care what any of you say.
I don't feel like going thru every game last season, but im sure Ben's stats suffered if our running game wasnt goin good. Jamie, you forget that the Steelers whole offensive game plan was based on the run in the Cowher era (therefor if the run wasnt goin good, we were probably already behind and teams knew we were throwing). This season, Ben is gonna get more freedom to throw, do checkdowns, call plays etc. I know you guys all laugh at this, which is fine, but I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised by the results.[/quote]

We laugh at it because he's not shown he is capeable of running a O that is mostly pass, you said it yourself, your a run first in the Cowher era. Im laughing at the steelers fans who think he's better than he is (the vast majority). And Im really laughing at those who think Ken Anderson will be a good QB Coach for him. Ive said many times who in my mind he is like and thats Jake Plummer, think about it. Plummer was most dangerous when passing on bootlegs or on the run, Ben is the same, Plummer when his running game isnt up to snuff and has to win by purly passing has a rough go at it, Ben is the same.

Ben = Jake Plummer v2

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='501495' date='Jun 17 2007, 05:06 PM']We laugh at it because he's not shown he is capeable of running a O that is mostly pass, you said it yourself, your a run first in the Cowher era. Im laughing at the steelers fans who think he's better than he is (the vast majority). And Im really laughing at those who think Ken Anderson will be a good QB Coach for him. Ive said many times who in my mind he is like and thats Jake Plummer, think about it. Plummer was most dangerous when passing on bootlegs or on the run, Ben is the same, Plummer when his running game isnt up to snuff and has to win by purly passing has a rough go at it, Ben is the same.

Ben = Jake Plummer v2[/quote]

yeah, that too :)

Guest BengalBacker

Since we're being honest here, don't you think Ben is a dick?

I don't automatically dislike someone on a rival team. Ben is just so easy to dislike. He comes off as insincere, immature and egotistical. His attempts at being humble always seem to be contrived to me. Sort of like Chad without the humor. ^_^

I think you nailed it on his talent level. He belongs in that middle tier somewhere.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501643' date='Jun 18 2007, 01:54 AM']Ben is better than Plummer. Kicked his ass in AFC Championship. Parker had like 22 yards.[/quote]

parker had 35 and bettis had 39, the team had 90, denver had 97, and a whopping 57 more yards passing..

just because jake plummer is garbage doesnt mean ben isnt.

the guy had the worst qb rating in superbowl history, had more picks than td's by 5 last year, only TWICE all of last year did he throw more than 25 times, with less than 2 interceptions. hell the guy threw 4 in a single game against oakland.. he is 26 TD's behind palmer and has the same amount of INT's. never had a 100+ passer rating for a season, he called himself a 4th year ROOKIE, milking his coat tail riding for all its worth.

the guy is trash, why do you think cowher left?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='501653' date='Jun 18 2007, 02:52 AM']parker had 35 and bettis had 39, the team had 90, denver had 97, and a whopping 57 more yards passing..

just because jake plummer is garbage doesnt mean ben isnt.

the guy had the worst qb rating in superbowl history, had more picks than td's by 5 last year, only TWICE all of last year did he throw more than 25 times, with less than 2 interceptions. hell the guy threw 4 in a single game against oakland.. he is 26 TD's behind palmer and has the same amount of INT's. never had a 100+ passer rating for a season, he called himself a 4th year ROOKIE, milking his coat tail riding for all its worth.

the guy is trash, why do you think cowher left?[/quote]

:headbang:

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501701' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:18 AM']He had the worst rating of any WINNER OF A SUPER BOWL. Not the worst rating ever. Nice of you to post it though that way to make him look worse than he really is.[/quote]

Sweet, call the Hall, Ben is on his way. :headbang:

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501701' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:18 AM']He had the worst rating of any WINNER OF A SUPER BOWL. Not the worst rating ever. Nice of you to post it though that way to make him look worse than he really is.[/quote]
I'm not sure you can make him look any worse then he already is actually...

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501715' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:37 AM']Looked pretty good "managing" the Bengals out of the playoffs the last 2 years[/quote]

Im still laughing at this comment.

Kimo and Santonio had ALOT more to do with that than Ben did.

I would even go so far as to say our kicking game snafu in the denver game last year had more to do with that then Ben did.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501715' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:37 AM']Looked pretty good "managing" the Bengals out of the playoffs the last 2 years[/quote]
Welll...

you beat Jon Kitna :thumbsup:

and burnt tory james. :thumbsup:

Your a real winner! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//steelerssuck.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//steelerssuck.gif[/img]

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501721' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:49 AM']Why is it you bitch about all the excuses he supposedly uses for his poor play you then turn around and use excuses for why the Bengals lost when he beats you? How convienient.

Man Anthony Wright played like shit last game of the season last year. If Carson had played........................[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Your talking about excuses? when you have the biggest bitcher in the NFL at QB! I think i had a temperature of 103...but i toughed it out once!

Oh my thumb is hurt...i can't throw the ball more then 20 yards.

I didn't play good this year because my off season was shortened..

Get off of it. Ben sucks. Hell Kyle Boller is probably better then jen.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501721' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:49 AM']Why is it you bitch about all the excuses he supposedly uses for his poor play you then turn around and use excuses for why the Bengals lost when he beats you? How convienient.

Man Anthony Wright played like shit last game of the season last year. If Carson had played........................[/quote]

Excuses are things like "my thumb".

Reasons are things like 30 year old cornerback cant play like he used to anymore.

There is a serious difference there.

[quote name='JC' post='501722' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:49 AM']Welll...

you beat Jon Kitna :thumbsup:

and burnt tory james. :thumbsup:

Your a real winner! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//steelerssuck.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//steelerssuck.gif[/img][/quote]

Wow, you beat us last year because Coclough dropped the punt. Your a real winner

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501725' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:54 AM']Wow, you beat us last year because Coclough dropped the punt. Your a real winner[/quote]
No.

We beat you cause we have Carson Palmer bitch. It didnt hurt that Ben threw 3 interceptions!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='501724' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:53 AM']Excuses are things like "my thumb".

Reasons are things like 30 year old cornerback cant play like he used to anymore.

There is a serious difference there.[/quote]

So it's Ben's fault Tory James sucks.

It's Carson's fault that Cowher had Colclough returning punts.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501729' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:57 AM']So it's Ben's fault Tory James sucks.

It's Carson's fault that Cowher had Colclough returning punts.[/quote]

Where did I say that?

Also what about the year before? We went 1 for 2 in the regular season against you then too.

It is of high comedy that you are whining about us not giving Ben credit, and yet your pretty much doing that with our team arent you?

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501731' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:59 AM']And we beat you because we have Ben Roethlisberger.........bitch[/quote]

No you didnt, you beat us because you have a good D.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501731' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:59 AM']And we beat you because we have Ben Roethlisberger.........bitch[/quote]
We all know how damn stellar ben is!

He could probably fuck any bitch he wanted to...including you.

Whenever you throw 17 touchdowns and 22 interceptions you are god! NOUGH' SAID! (at least in pissburgh)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='501732' date='Jun 18 2007, 11:02 AM']Where did I say that?

Also what about the year before? We went 1 for 2 in the regular season against you then too.

It is of high comedy that you are whining about us not giving Ben credit, and yet your pretty much doing that with our team arent you?

No you didnt, you beat us because you have a good D.[/quote]

You beat us because you have 3 great wide receivers and we don't.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='501737' date='Jun 18 2007, 11:12 AM']You beat us because you have 3 great wide receivers and we don't.[/quote]

If that were the case why couldnt Jon Kitna beat you in that playoff game? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='501738' date='Jun 18 2007, 11:13 AM']If that were the case why couldnt Jon Kitna beat you in that playoff game? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img][/quote]

Why is it that when you lost in the playoffs (the 1 year you made it since 1980something) it's because Palmer got hurt but when you lost last year it's because the Steelers had a good defense? Actually our defense was a lot worse than 2005.

Please explain.

:D

Archived