WhodeyUK and IKOTA Go To Amsterdam!

Khatmandude

[quote name='IKOTA' post='505929' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:29 PM']Me, my wife's father and her uncle eating raw fish which is very popular in Amsterdam (I had to try it since I love sushi, but would never do it again)
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z121/akhatri/IKOTAII.jpg[/img][/quote]
what type of fish was it?

edit: holy shit thats a big picture

[quote name='IKOTA' post='505929' date='Jun 29 2007, 08:29 PM']The Queen's home in the heart of Centrum (downtown):
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z121/akhatri/QueensHouse.jpg[/img][/quote]
:lol: I've been by that place so many times it's not even funny, and I had no clue that was the Queen's home :lol:

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='505935' date='Jun 29 2007, 01:35 PM']what type of fish was it?

edit: holy shit thats a big picture[/quote]
What was wrong with the fish? Without all the condiments of sushi, it was too....fishy?

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='505935' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:05 PM']what type of fish was it?

edit: holy shit thats a big picture[/quote]

It's herring, you're supposed to dip it in the onions and lower into your mouth by holding the tail.........I thought I would like it but didn't.......and yes, that's a big picture.......should have resized it like I did the Chris Henry picture.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='506011' date='Jun 29 2007, 07:03 PM']:lol: I've been by that place so many times it's not even funny, and I had no clue that was the Queen's home :lol:[/quote]

Same with me, but my wife and I were walking to that Moaz place you and I ate at and she mentioned it to me. She's like a tour guide since she grew up in Amsterdam.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='506032' date='Jun 29 2007, 07:46 PM']What was wrong with the fish? Without all the condiments of sushi, it was too....fishy?[/quote]

Well, yes........that's the only way I can describe it...too fishy. And the sushi I like most would be salmon, tuna and yellow tail with avocado and cucumber enclosed in seaweed wrap and rice on the outside..........so much more than just a huge chunk of fish that tastes like someone just took it out of the river.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='506037' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:26 PM']Same with me, but my wife and I were walking to that Moaz place you and I ate at and she mentioned it to me. She's like a tour guide since she grew up in Amsterdam.
Well, yes........that's the only way I can describe it...too fishy. And the sushi I like most would be salmon, tuna and yellow tail with avocado and cucumber enclosed in seaweed wrap and rice on the outside..........so much more than just a huge chunk of fish that tastes like someone just took it out of the river.[/quote]
That Maoz place rocks. The Mrs and I have eaten there, too, the last couple of times we've visited. She was not surprised that you and I had lunch there. Jealous a bit, perhaps ^_^

How'd you like the brownie?

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='506044' date='Jun 29 2007, 08:21 PM']That Maoz place rocks. The Mrs and I have eaten there, too, the last couple of times we've visited. She was not surprised that you and I had lunch there. Jealous a bit, perhaps ^_^

How'd you like the brownie?[/quote]..

I absolutely love that place and I ate there 3 more times after we ate there...the toppings you can put on it.... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//38.gif[/img]

And the brownie, I ate it before my return trip to Dublin and had a great flight and first couple of hours in Ireland...

Archived