Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i saw it friday when it came out and fell asleep before i got to post yesterday. i loved it. john cusak is an underrated actor. it seems like he always does a good job and was a good fit for this movie. good movie.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='503624' date='Jun 24 2007, 12:12 AM']i saw it friday when it came out and fell asleep before i got to post yesterday. i loved it. john cusak is an underrated actor. it seems like he always does a good job and was a good fit for this movie. good movie.[/quote]
For the most part I think you are right about Cusack, but Must Love Dogs was not good and the casting was screwy for it.

1804 was pretty good throughout most of the movie, but I wouldn't say it was great. I was on my seat most of the movie, but I kind of felt like it drifted a little bit towards the end. But, that said, I'd recommend it as one of the better movies I've seen lately.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='503665' date='Jun 24 2007, 11:07 AM']For the most part I think you are right about Cusack, but Must Love Dogs was not good and the casting was screwy for it.

1804 was pretty good throughout most of the movie, but I wouldn't say it was great. I was on my seat most of the movie, but I kind of [b]felt like it drifted a little bit towards the end[/b]. But, that said, I'd recommend it as one of the better movies I've seen lately.[/quote]
that just sounds like typical stephen king to me.

Not every movie an actor does can be great. Sean Connery had quite a few shitters as he got older.

Cusack has 7 more movies on the way to the screens between now and 2008. Cusack ABSOLUTELY kicked ass in Identity and Being John Malkovich. I also really like Conair, ive watched that movie so many times ("put the bunny back in the box"). I havent seen Grosse Point Blank, but i heard that along with Identity and Being John Malkovich are his 3 best films.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='503557' date='Jun 23 2007, 08:42 PM']It was awesome, even though i was in a horrible mood going into the theater not wanting to watch it i ended up on the edge of my seat wondering what the fuck was gunna happen next.
go see it.[/quote]
I plan on seeing this, so thanks for letting me know how it is because now I will see it for sure

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='503687' date='Jun 24 2007, 10:41 AM']that just sounds like typical stephen king to me.

Not every movie an actor does can be great. Sean Connery had quite a few shitters as he got older.

Cusack has 7 more movies on the way to the screens between now and 2008. Cusack ABSOLUTELY kicked ass in Identity and Being John Malkovich. I also really like Conair, ive watched that movie so many times ("put the bunny back in the box"). I havent seen Grosse Point Blank, but i heard that along with Identity and Being John Malkovich are his 3 best films.[/quote]

Not a huge King fan myself, but as I said I think you are right about Cusack. Must Love Dogs wasn't a bad movie because of him, I think the casting in general seemed off (chemistry sucked). Conair was okay, but I prefer the movies where he has a more significant roll. Shit, I actually forgot he was in Conair. Being John Mlkovich is by far his best movie IMO (of course I included it in my thesis so I'm a little biased). Grosse Point Blank is a good flick...I also like him in High Fidelity.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE movie...it's one of those movies where you just sit and wait for it to get better, only to find yourself waiting right up till the credits roll. NOT EVEN WORTH RENTING!!! I swear it's been forever since a horror film has impressed me, and this one did nothing but make me decide that I'd never pay $8 to see a movie again.

"Identity" (as mentioned above) however is an amazing film...another oldie but goodie, if you've never seen it is "Frailty" Directed by Bill Paxton and starring him as well.

-E

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='503963' date='Jun 25 2007, 10:43 AM']HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE movie...it's one of those movies where you just sit and wait for it to get better, only to find yourself waiting right up till the credits roll. NOT EVEN WORTH RENTING!!! I swear it's been forever since a horror film has impressed me, and this one did nothing but make me decide that I'd never pay $8 to see a movie again.

"Identity" (as mentioned above) however is an amazing film...another oldie but goodie, if you've never seen it is "Frailty" Directed by Bill Paxton and starring him as well.

-E[/quote]
exactly how stephen king movies always are. many hate and many like. there really isnt an in between. 1408 has a 7.9 rating on IMDB and usually movies above a 6 are pretty good or quality entertainment.

Frailty is an AMAZING movie. I remember the night i watched that movie. Bill Paxton is underrated just like John Cusack.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='504000' date='Jun 25 2007, 11:56 AM']and for a recently good horror movie the Saw series was GREAT.[/quote]

The first one was awesome other than that i got more and more disapointed from there.
Talk about a good horror movie with a good story line, Disturbia.
ALSO, I thought "I know what you did last summer" was a great movie.
"Wrong Turn" was another sweet one.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='504000' date='Jun 25 2007, 11:56 AM']and for a recently good horror movie the Saw series was GREAT.[/quote]
Saw series was very well put together. A lot of good twists and stuff. I hope there is something like it put out in the future.

[quote]Talk about a good horror movie with a good story line, Disturbia.[/quote]

I hope you didnt think Disturbia was scary. The only thing that made that movie was the hot chick that was in it.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='JC' post='504092' date='Jun 25 2007, 02:09 PM']Saw series was very well put together. A lot of good twists and stuff. [b]I hope there is something like it put out in the future.[/b][/quote]
YOU MEAN SAW IV :D cuz it was announced :D

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='504122' date='Jun 25 2007, 03:49 PM']YOU MEAN SAW IV :D cuz it was announced :D[/quote]
No way?

I thought III was the end of it. Holy shit thats awesome. I didnt think they could continue it with the chick dying and the guy dying too. Wow. Who do you think will take over?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='JC' post='504124' date='Jun 25 2007, 03:52 PM']No way?
I thought III was the end of it. Holy shit thats awesome. I didnt think they could continue it with the chick dying and the guy dying too. Wow. Who do you think will take over?[/quote]
A popular theory that im hearing is Dr. Gordon. There were a few traps/games set up in saw 2 and 3 that would require someone with some surgery experience to set them up and we have yet to hear from or see a dead Dr. Gordon yet.

The only thing i do know is the opening scene is going to be one of the nastiest scenes EVER in a movie.

AND ACCORDING TO THIS INTERVIEW [url="http://movies.ign.com/articles/798/798800p2.html"]http://movies.ign.com/articles/798/798800p2.html[/url] : SAW V and VI are confirmed as well :D Ive got the biggest wood ever right now, i think i could cut butter :ninja:

Here is a photo from Saw IV

[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x124/Hurmoth/saw4clip061907.jpg[/img]

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='504070' date='Jun 25 2007, 01:37 PM']The first one was awesome other than that i got more and more disapointed from there.
Talk about a good horror movie with a good story line, [b]Disturbia[/b].
ALSO, I thought "I know what you did last summer" was a great movie.
"Wrong Turn" was another sweet one.[/quote]

You actualy liked that movie? Everyone who saw it in my town told me how bad it was. I wouldnt waste a cent on it by what people told me about it and just the sheer number of people who didnt like it.... IT was like when I worked at blockbuster back in the day I had over 200 people come back and return moulon rouge and try and get there money back. I would never see that movie just based on sheer number of bad reviews

[quote name='BengalsCat' post='504154' date='Jun 25 2007, 04:56 PM']You actualy liked that movie? Everyone who saw it in my town told me how bad it was. I wouldnt waste a cent on it by what people told me about it and just the sheer number of people who didnt like it.... IT was like when I worked at blockbuster back in the day I had over 200 people come back and return moulon rouge and try and get there money back. I would never see that movie just based on sheer number of bad reviews[/quote]

It had a good story, & The killer died. I love happy endings.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='503963' date='Jun 25 2007, 10:43 AM']HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE movie...it's one of those movies where you just sit and wait for it to get better, only to find yourself waiting right up till the credits roll. NOT EVEN WORTH RENTING!!! [b]I swear it's been forever since a horror film has impressed me[/b], and this one did nothing but make me decide that I'd never pay $8 to see a movie again.

-E[/quote]That's because you need to watch real horror movies, like Grindhouse.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='503687' date='Jun 24 2007, 05:41 PM']that just sounds like typical stephen king to me.

Cusack has 7 more movies on the way to the screens between now and 2008. Cusack ABSOLUTELY kicked ass in Identity and Being John Malkovich. I also really like Conair, ive watched that movie so many times ("put the bunny back in the box"). I havent seen [b]Grosse Point Blank, but i heard that along with Identity and Being John Malkovich are his 3 best films.[/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:

Better Off Dead :contract:

And Bill Paxton is a douche.

As for this movie 1408, I've never heard of it.... :)

Guest oldschooler
I watched 1408 on my computer yesterday.
It wasn`t as good as I expected it to be, but it was still pretty good.

Here is a link to watch it on your computer. (It`s not DVD quality, but it`s good quality)
All you need to do is download DIVX . . .

[url="http://www.blockbustertv.com/announcement.php?f=8&a=740"]http://www.blockbustertv.com/announcement.php?f=8&a=740[/url]

Archived