Big Dog wants Henry cut

By now, everyone has heard about Tank Johnson getting cut by the Bears. That has spurred a conversation throughout the league on who else needs to get cut. Pacman has all the attention now. Big Dog just weighed in with his "I admit I'm a Henry hater" speech and he must be next to go. Oh, and this is supposed to be for our (and the teams) own good. Yep, he really did admit he was a hater.

So, does anyone else want to get rid of Henry?

IMO, its us (the fans) that protect these players from media abuse. We need to act more like Pats and Cowboys fans and support our players from the media. T.O. has strong support. Moss has strong support. Henry deserves the same from us since he is living up to his probation and league restrictions.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='504449' date='Jun 26 2007, 09:16 AM']Henry has done a really good job of being anonymous, if you get my drift. I think for the time being, we should support him, but the second that he is accused of anything, no matter how shady the circumstances, he is going back under the bus.[/quote]

You had me right up until the "accused" part. After the positive drug test fiasco, I'm not sure you can follow that hard of a line. I agree Henry is on his last life here in Cincinnati (perhaps with the League), but it needs to be a little more than just an accusation.

If he was to be cut, the right time to do it was several months ago. However, the team chose to give him the opportunity to change his life, and he seems to be doing that. You can't cut the guy for doing what he's supposed to be doing... Heaven help him if he actually screws up again though.

I wouldn't cut this guy until he is permantly banned from the NFL. He is a freak with the size/speed/hands combo he has and releasing him to go to another team would just be stupid.

NO. I think JT said in best in hobnob's latest article. He's talking about Thurman, but the same applies to Henry, if not more than Thurman:

"Yeah. I hope the Bengals give him another chance (if he’s reinstated next month.) As long as he’s clean. They deserve that. They’ve taken the heat for him. It wouldn’t be right if he makes it big somewhere else after these guys took all the heat for it. "

After all the Bengals and Henry have been through why cut him now. It's simple, one more "actual" screwup and he is done anyway.

[quote name='schotzee' post='504472' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:26 AM']No way in hell would I cut him. Who's big dog?[/quote]

Hosts the morning segment (5:30 to 9) on 1530AM. He used to be here in Cincy doing radio when I believe it was 1160am (WBOB). That is where Lance and the two Angry guys started.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Jason' post='504478' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:44 AM']While we are on the 1530 Homer guys, Gregg Doyell said today that Marvin is one of the 5 biggest sports jerks in Cincinnati.[/quote]

What's his reasoning for saying that?

[quote name='schotzee' post='504480' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:46 AM']What's his reasoning for saying that?[/quote]

"Enabling" Chris Henry, and the other problem children, and signing Jason Berryman the same day he said character counts.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jason' post='504478' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:44 AM']While we are on the 1530 Homer guys, Gregg Doyell said today that Marvin is one of the 5 biggest sports jerks in Cincinnati.[/quote]

From what little I've listened to of his morning show, Gregg may be on top of the list he puts Marvin on...

[quote name='schotzee' post='504480' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:46 AM']What's his reasoning for saying that?[/quote]

Gets him attention.

Let's face it - all these mini-controversies can be summed up in one sentence:

All AM radio is shit.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='504466' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:15 AM']NO. I think JT said in best in hobnob's latest article. He's talking about Thurman, but the same applies to Henry, if not more than Thurman:

"Yeah. I hope the Bengals give him another chance (if he’s reinstated next month.) As long as he’s clean. They deserve that. They’ve taken the heat for him. It wouldn’t be right if he makes it big somewhere else after these guys took all the heat for it. "

After all the Bengals and Henry have been through why cut him now. It's simple, one more "actual" screwup and he is done anyway.[/quote]

Lets say LA steps up and starts a new league team. They decide to take all the "bad boys" cut from other teams.

Soon, their team would have:

Tank Johnson
Pacman
Terrence Kiel
Odell Thurman
Chris Henry
Michael Vic

... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] , ...not a bad core of players.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='GoBengals' post='504513' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:54 AM']i dont know who this article is even talking about.....

:shrug:[/quote]

"Big Dog" Tim Lewis. I had forgotten about him too. His trademark back on 1160 was his "Bite Me" Wednesdays. People would call in with their "Marge Schott can Bite Me for being old, fat and ugly" type comments.

Tim "Big Dog" Lewis is horrible. He may be the worst sports talk radio host that I have ever heard. I listened to him twice after Richard Skinner got canned and he was AWFUL!!! 1530Homer might as well put Martha Stewart on in the mornings.......no way I will listen to that tool again. He probably knows less about the Bengals and Reds than any sports media personality in Cincinnati. It is evident if you listen for half an hour.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Harley' post='504549' date='Jun 26 2007, 01:06 PM']Henry gets one more F'up from me and then I'm fine with cutting him regardless of how good he is.[/quote]

i agree w/ you... even though i think i said that two fuck ups ago :huh:

IMO, as long as he continues doing what Marvin Lewis, the law, and his teammates ask of him. I'm sure a few of us around here know someone who hit a rough patch in life and turned it around. Everyone deserves a second..... err third..... err, however many chances to prove they can be an upstanding citizen!

Guest Claptonrocks
No I dont want Chris Henry cut...

Aside from a traffic ticket what has he done in the past year to merit being cut or having some asshole on the radio call him out for a ratings boost? ( Im assuming thier ratings will plunge even lower than with the angry guys in time )

Tim Lewis and Greg Doyle are the bottom of the barrel in terms of sports talk radio....One's a has been the other a never was....

[quote name='Jeb' post='504445' date='Jun 26 2007, 07:06 AM']By now, everyone has heard about Tank Johnson getting cut by the Bears. That has spurred a conversation throughout the league on who else needs to get cut. Pacman has all the attention now. Big Dog just weighed in with his "I admit I'm a Henry hater" speech and he must be next to go. Oh, and this is supposed to be for our (and the teams) own good. Yep, he really did admit he was a hater.

So, does anyone else want to get rid of Henry?

IMO, its us (the fans) that protect these players from media abuse. We need to act more like Pats and Cowboys fans and support our players from the media. T.O. has strong support. Moss has strong support. Henry deserves the same from us since he is living up to his probation and league restrictions.[/quote]
36 catches=9 touchdowns. The only clowns who want us to cut Henry are Bengal haters who would love to pick up Mr. Touchdown on the cheap.

[quote name='Jason' post='504484' date='Jun 26 2007, 09:52 AM']"Enabling" Chris Henry, and the other problem children, and signing Jason Berryman the same day he said character counts.[/quote]

Character does count, just not as much as winning.

Too many touchdowns yet to be caught for Chris to be cut.

[quote name='The Scales' post='504777' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:56 PM']Character does count, just not as much as winning.
Too many touchdowns yet to be caught for Chris to be cut.[/quote]
Your poetic response rings true in this case. It is what it is. If Chris Henry maintains as he has so far, then he serves his suspension and comes back and that's it.
And a healthy, reformed Chris Henry is going to translate into at least 6 more TD's in the second half of the year.

Honestly, I actually hope that some other receiver steps up bigtime and threatens Henry's grasp on the #3 WR spot.

Say a guy like Brazell stays healthy and shows up with his speed.

Will anyone whether individually or as a position group REALLY replace Henry's TD production while he's suspended?

Your thoughts:

Archived