**** NEW MEMBER OF GB FAMILY ON THE WAY ****

GoBengals

[quote name='GoBengals' post='507015' date='Jul 3 2007, 03:04 PM']again, no stitches needed, i dont know whether to be excited or take that in a bad way.."no stitched needed, we had an extra 4 inches to work with anyway" <_<
but in all seriousness, all good there, ...[/quote]

You can tell everyone that extra 4 inches is from your huge cock tearin' that shit up.
MULLY
I have the inate ability to take a beautiful moment and just ruin it. Congrats again, man!!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507018' date='Jul 3 2007, 02:13 AM']You can tell everyone that extra 4 inches is from your huge cock tearin' that shit up.
MULLY
I have the inate ability to take a beautiful moment and just ruin it. Congrats again, man!![/quote]

whats funny is, i was going to say that.. ...

B)

[quote name='Notorious' post='506672' date='Jul 2 2007, 11:00 AM']..Ya.. don't do the spoon thing. [b]I have had a small bald spot on side of my head since birth because of one![/b] Can only see it when hair is cut really short.[/quote]

...Me too (and my older brother, as well)...

...which is really a bummer now that my hairline has receded to that spot... :glare:

[quote name='Storm' post='507243' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:54 PM']Cheers to you Go :049:
I want another kid but my wife is fixed :thumbsdown: I miss when my kids were little[/quote]

:mellow: why do u hate sleep?

<_<

^_^

[quote name='steggyD' post='507283' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:44 PM']:thumbsup:
Congratulations, and good luck. You'll never get time for that new toy of yours now.[/quote]

so it seems...

the 2 yr old loved watching me play, "ball, ball.. HIT IT HIT HIT!!!"

the 2 day old, not so much... "waaah" "waaah" -_- -_-

Guest CrazyIrishman5
Congratulations!!!!!!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

long story semi-short, of how it all went down.....

so friday i was off work, wife was feeling a bit of pain off and on, contractions here or there, nothing constant, saturday, i decide work isnt in my best interest and call off as i assume baby is coming, nothing, so sunday i go ahead to work, tell the wife if anything happens call me and i will leave work, no biggie, its aunday, and i live 7 miles away from work, but NOOO mother in law in town, convences her shes leaking amniotic fluid and has her call the on-call OBGYN, and tells her to go to the hospital to get a checkup, tells her not to call me, she can call if its "something serious"

**PAUSE**

ok... my 9 month pregnant wife, 2 yr old son, are no longer safe at my house, but across town at a hospital, son shouldnt be near a hospital unless necessary and if there is even a risk of something medical do to with my wife, especially at 9 months, i motherfucking better be there, and i better be the first motherfucker to know about it. godamnit.

**unpause**

so i get a TEXT MESSAGE, stating "came to hospital to get checked out, something something something something" i THOUGHT it read "COME to the hospital, yadda yadda yadda" so i instantly tell the person im assisnting i gotta go, him and his wife were due in 3-4 weeks so they understood, got co worker to cover, and bounce, call the wife wondering WTF is going on and why im finding out about this now, there was no urgency in getting to the hospital, what should have happened,m is my wife calls me, tells me she needs to go get checked, i come home, mother in law watches son at my house while i take wife, *plot thickens* i dont care if she has heart burn, thats my WIFE AND SON AND UNBORN SON at stake here, i dont need to be "in the loop" i am the fucking loop... so shes senses my anger, but knowing a cr\azy in law is near by i keep my anger to a minimum and just GET THERE... in law is in lobby with son, i get him a snack and head to wife... we sit and get checked for 3-4 hours, after 4 hours shes goes from 4cm to like 4.1 but as the baby friendly nurse says "4...almost 5" so we get a room(mercy birthing floor is outstanding mind you) and we wait.... and wait.... and wait... so i have in law take son home, my mother goes to watch my son so in law can be there for birth, turns out the whole circle of in laws, mother, sister, sister2, sister in law, sister2 fiance, are all headed for hospital,

**PAUSE**

seriously, who the hell thinks its ok to bring an entire caravan to visit a stressed, in pain having a baby mother whos trying to relax and give birth? people who don't really care, thats who.

**unpause**

so i politely let my wife know the cavalcade is headed this way, shes calls them and disbands the insanity, so her mom and two of the sister come and thats it, they stay for an hour or so then leave, its all good, meanwhile snese several are coming, shes still 5-5.5 cm i figure i have some time, so i head home clean up grabe some food, check on my son, and head back, while im gone, my wife accidentally mentions that i was annoyed that her mother didnt give my son a nap(never does it seems) and her mom throws a tantrum and starts crying, (i dont care how stressed you are, your daughters about to have a baby, be upset, be mad, be whatever, but dont throw on the waterworks over a nap infront of your daughter in an already stressful time for her) so when i show up, her mom leaves the room to get a soda, is gone for like 45 minutes it seemed, then comes back, sits in corner, etc, she doesnt know i know what all went down, its just silly, far more important things going on than a missed nap, so what seems to be 500-600 hours later, wife is now 6cm, we push and stuff off and on for hours, they break her water, goes to 8-8.5 within an hour or so, tons of pain, decides going natural isnt for her and gets epidural, only i can be in room while giving it, so they start going over the safety/precausion/dont sue us list, and says how it can cause heart failure for her and would require immediate emergency c section and the list goes on and on, after a total of 4 hours sleep the last two nights and its gotta be 2am by this point, they say all that then start with the 5+ needles going into the wifes back and feed the long cabled and tape it to her back, etc, im about to lose my shit, on edge, trying not to spazz as people prod my pregnant wife with needles, she gets the meds and feels much better, her back labor stopped etc...doctor comes in hour later, after an hour of the squatt bar, rocking hips, on side pushing, etc, doc says we have to decide to push and go for gold now trying to get to full dialation or wait an hour or so as he has a woman going natural at 12 hours active labor who is needing a c section, so wife tells them to do that, she will rest up and go at it when he is done... nurse comes in she is about 9-9.5 ish says he is facing wrong way, trys this side that side yadda yadda, and goes to report to doctor for 2-3 hours that the baby is facing the wrong way, still waiting it out, so he stays at bay... he later comes in, nurse says still facing the wrong way, doc checks, HE ISNT AND WASNT EVER FACING THE WRONG GOD DAMN WAY, THANKS FOR THE SEVERAL HOURS OF PUSHING AND PAIN FOR NO REASON... no one catches this but me, i will be sure to tell my wife in a few days, so they push a few times i can see his head and hair near the "opening" after an hour, nadda, so we decide against the "salad tongs" and go with the suction cup, BAM< one contraction, 3-4 pushes and out comes the baby, nurses do there thing, i cut the cord, we all cry and get hysterical, and its like 9am at this point, 18-20 hours after getting to the hospital, i stick around for a few hours, take pics, make calls, etc, then i roll out to get a shower and shaved(still havent) get home, wait for a call back on the agenda, pass out in bed waiting, wake up to "are you almost back, my mom wants to go shower" text, get back up, go back, and hang out for a few hours, her entourage later is headed up, so i bounce again, go change, still no shower, and get some food, go back with family, take my son with my parents and my son has a small bouquet of flowers for my wife and a small Clifford the big red dog stuffed dog for the baby, he hands them to each of them, and wants to hold the baby, most adorable thing i have ever seen, he is antsy, my parents leave, i go to take him home for the night, call up my mother ask her to watch him for a few hours, she comes from 9:30-1am so i can be with my wife so she isnt alone, i hold him and she gets some sleep, and leave at 1am after a feeding and nurse check in and wife tries to rest the rest of the night, her mom is coming in at 8am so i sleep in till my son gets up at 10, and take him in, do the trade off with son and both sets of grandparents several times, etc..

we expected to leave around 12-1, he failed his hearing test and was jaundice so they needed to retest ear and check on his color, so we wait a few HOURS, they recheck, and he fails again, wife starts crying, i figure he will be ok, they say they have a 10% failure rate on newborns, and with the % of hearing empaired people in the US NOT due to old age, thier tests failures are about 90% inaccurate, no history in family, and its only one ear, so we are crossing our fingers there STILL, and we can either leave him in the hospital (wife has to leave due to insurance rules) or rent a light thing to help his color/liver, etc, so we take him home and rent the $150/day light mechanism to help his color, he is eating well, and pooping/peeing like a champ, so his color should be good in a few days, so we can stop renting th damn machine, and with my 2 year old being out of this world crabby from having his world tossed upside down the last few days, i didnt think i would make it, im at a "breaking point" mentally, i might go to work tomorrow(today actually) for a few hours to get shit off my head while her moms helps and visits, and frankly we could use the few extra bucks so i can use personal days when i take my paternity leave next week.

sooooooooooo all in all it couldn't have possibly been more stressful(minus god forbid any real health issues with wife or son of course) to have a good healthy normal-ish baby and have all that bullshit happen in a 24-48 hour span blows my mind. i havent ever been this mentally drained in my life, my wife is beat too, thank god for our family and friends, no way we could make it without them.

i was glad to share the experience in a way with everyone here, glad to get the frustration from the nonsense off my chest. glad my sons are both here and healthy as far as we know, and happy.

-Go

First off.... congrats my friend! And most importantly, very happy to hear that mom and Carson are doing well. Oh and you too ;)

Sounds like a helluva 24-48 hour cluster. I was lucky my first two kids were quick and uneventful. My wife and I agreed the birth of our kids would be between us and us only. We only called the family when the child was born. They did not even know we were in the hospital until after the births. Having heard your story, I highly recommend to anyone to consider this approach. It won't be popular with the motherinlaw, but well worth it based on many stories I have heard from friends.

My third kid was a nightmare birth. Long labor, son's heartbeat stops then starts again, then goes into distress but still beating. Wife is rushed to surgery - there was no time to discuss options - it was life or death, they give her an epidural, and her belly is open inside 5 minutes. Turns out the cord is wrapped around my sons neck. All turned out well and thankful for a topnotch hospital staff and doctor.

There is nothing like the birth of your child. It has every emotion wrapped up in one big package. It was very cool of you to share your experience and made me reflect on my own kids - now that I have an 18, 15, and 11 year old those emotions don't really change that much. Thanks!

[quote name='Phatcat' post='507318' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:45 AM']First off.... congrats my friend! And most importantly, very happy to hear that mom and Carson are doing well. Oh and you too ;)

Sounds like a helluva 24-48 hour cluster. I was lucky my first two kids were quick and uneventful. My wife and I agreed the birth of our kids would be between us and us only. We only called the family when the child was born. They did not even know we were in the hospital until after the births. Having heard your story, I highly recommend to anyone to consider this approach. It won't be popular with the motherinlaw, but well worth it based on many stories I have heard from friends.

My third kid was a nightmare birth. Long labor, son's heartbeat stops then starts again, then goes into distress but still beating. Wife is rushed to surgery - there was no time to discuss options - it was life or death, they give her an epidural, and her belly is open inside 5 minutes. Turns out the cord is wrapped around my sons neck. All turned out well and thankful for a topnotch hospital staff and doctor.

There is nothing like the birth of your child. It has every emotion wrapped up in one big package. It was very cool of you to share your experience and made me reflect on my own kids - [b]now that I have an 18, 15, and 11 year old those emotions don't really change that much. [/b] Thanks![/quote]

i would have loved the no visitor approach, my father did that, her mother lives out of state currently so i felt like being nice since shes isnt around to let her in, her and i were the only ones in the room during labor...

anywho, your bolded statement is my worry, the 18-15 is cool, the 4 years later 11 has me scared shitless, im sure 4 years from now this wont see like such a "task" and might think its a good idea... i must make notes and read them monthly to remind me.

i think i met your youngest tho, and i cant imagine officially closing the door on another one for us later on, but the other two are gonna need jobs by then... ;)

:D

sleep? sleeps for suckers! who needs sleep! i had 4.5 hours split by wife waking me up twice... bthats good enough right?

what day is this?

*passes out*

Guest fredtoast
I don't want to turn this into a [i]Parenting Magazine [/i]type thread, but just a few comments.....

1. Congratulations! Kids are the shit! Last years Patriots game was one of the most painful Bangal losses in many years for me. In the past I would have drank myself into a stupor and punched something. Instead I went outside on an absolutely beautiful fall afternoon and shared a pack of peanutbutter and crackers with my two year old daughter while listening to owls. Suddenly I didn't care that much about a bunch of grown men playing a game.

2. Anyone who is tormented by the music that their young kids listen to should buy any CD by [i]Troutfishing in America[/i]. I like them almost as much as my daughters (now 3 and 1).

3. Sorry about the 48 hour ordeal. I spent about six hours total waiting time combined for both of my daughters. The first one my wife didn't know she was in labor until it was almost too late, and the second one was induced.

4. I thought that after making all the huge adjustments to my life with the first child that having a second one wouldn't make that much difference. WRONG! You can go around the world with one child, but it is hard to cross the street with two.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='508220' date='Jul 6 2007, 11:38 PM']I don't want to turn this into a [i]Parenting Magazine [/i]type thread, but just a few comments.....

1. Congratulations! Kids are the shit! Last years Patriots game was one of the most painful Bangal losses in many years for me. In the past I would have drank myself into a stupor and punched something. Instead I went outside on an absolutely beautiful fall afternoon and shared a pack of peanutbutter and crackers with my two year old daughter while listening to owls. Suddenly I didn't care that much about a bunch of grown men playing a game.

2. Anyone who is tormented by the music that their young kids listen to should buy any CD by [i]Troutfishing in America[/i]. I like them almost as much as my daughters (now 3 and 1).

3. Sorry about the 48 hour ordeal. I spent about six hours total waiting time combined for both of my daughters. The first one my wife didn't know she was in labor until it was almost too late, and the second one was induced.

[b]4. I thought that after making all the huge adjustments to my life with the first child that having a second one wouldn't make that much difference. WRONG! You can go around the world with one child, but it is hard to cross the street with two.[/b][/quote]

seems pretty spot on thus far...

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Notorious' post='508316' date='Jul 7 2007, 12:22 PM']Your doc wasn't like this was he?

[center][/center]

"Deleted scene from the movie Knocked Up" (NWS for language)[/quote]

[b][size=4][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Greatest deleted scene EVER ! [/size][/b]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='506834' date='Jul 2 2007, 06:40 PM']I still can't believe you named him Carson Ryan.

I mean, who names their kid RYAN????
:badger:[/quote]

Rumor has it that it was between Carson and Lavar.

Lavar's motorcycle accident tipped the scales in favor of Carson.

:ninja:

Glad to hear all is finally well. Your ordeal reminded me of my ordeal with my second son Jacob, except he was premature by a month and since the wife's water broke early, we lived in Good Sam for 3 and a half weeks!
That jaundice thing is a little creepy looking. Jacob spent his time under the heat lamp too.
Still, as frustrating and tiring as it all is, it's worth it, isn't it?
Kinda makes you want another one....right?
:lol:
My wife and my penis aren't very friendly anymore.

Archived