Go-Bengals Under Cyber Attack !!!

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512441' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:50 PM']Bung mentioned he was about to become a GoBengals divorcee...maybe [b]the old lady[/b] lobbed a grenade his way when he forgot to log out of the site?[/quote]

[b]Let's hope for her sake .... it wasn't her -_- [/b]

[center][img]http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/Hostel_Part_2/Hostel2-8.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='512427' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:42 PM']I'm one of the originals, I hope I don't lose that.

My claim to fame on 3si.org is that I've been a member since 2000![/quote]

sadly thats LIKELY lost unless we can do the members table back thingie..

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='512428' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:43 PM']Hey Go,

If this was an accident, does that mean that we can assume other accounts aren't in danger of being deleted at the moment?

On a side note, might want to pin the "check for your account" thread.[/quote]
yea no risks left..

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='512429' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:43 PM']ORLY?

:ninja:[/quote]
ha

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='512430' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:45 PM'][b]can you manually adjust member #'s and joined dates as well ? [/b][/quote]
nope/ yes but very...VERY risky... looking into it..

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512441' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:50 PM']For once I feel special.

Oracle 10g would do flashback database (to say...2 seconds before this shit happened). But Go likes [i]free [/i]databases....

So Bung mentioned he was about to become a GoBengals divorcee...maybe the old lady lobbed a grenade his way when he forgot to log out of the site?[/quote]
haha, you pretend like i know what im doing...

This sucks.

The only other Moderator that I know of that isn't posting here is Palmer4HOF.

I hope it wasn't him or his account. That would suck.

Sucks the member numbers are lost. I was like 40. I remember reading the thread on JT's site that pointed me here :(

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='512456' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:02 AM'][size=3][b]I say revert back to the 2nd of the month ...

Hell it is the offseason ... who cares ? [/b][/size][/quote]

Exactly. THe offseason sucks.

The only things I have posted that are worthwhile is that DirecTV doesn't have NFLN in HD yet

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='512453' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:59 PM']I would imagine it would involve making sure there arent any stored procedures or triggers that make updates to other tables when the users table is modified before you could make changes to the users table.[/quote]

Stored procedures only get run if you tell them to run (i.e., nothing to worry about), and triggers can be disabled.

SQL>ALTER TRIGGER TRIGGER_NAME DISABLE;

of course, that's Oracle syntax...

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512460' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:04 AM']Stored procedures only get run if you tell them to run (i.e., nothing to worry about), and triggers can be disabled.

of course, that's Oracle syntax...[/quote]

THIS GUY WAS RESPONSIBLE

just kidding

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512460' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:04 AM']Stored procedures only get run if you tell them to run (i.e., nothing to worry about), and triggers can be disabled.

of course, that's Oracle syntax...[/quote]

yeah I know but what I was getting at is if you modifiy the users table to lets say give BJ member #5 again, what other tables need to reflect that change as well, and of course he knows what his member # was, I dont know if thats the case for everyone. Thats what I mean by what stored procs and triggers might change the other tables as well. That would need to be investagated, and Im only a programmer, not a DBA by any streach.

Wonder where elFlocko has been, he's a DBA.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='512470' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:10 AM']yeah I know but what I was getting at is if you modifiy the users table to lets say give BJ member #5 again, what other tables need to reflect that change as well, and of course he knows what his member # was, I dont know if thats the case for everyone. Thats what I mean by what stored procs and triggers might change the other tables as well. That would need to be investagated, and Im only a programmer, not a DBA by any streach.

Wonder where elFlocko has been, he's a DBA.[/quote]

right, if he wasnt #5, say he was #6, it can cause some big problems... so manually editing aint happenin.

im likely not reverting back to july 2nd either.. couple reasons..

1. im not sure if i still have the backup file on here, may have deleted yesterday when i cleaned up my hard drives.
2. it would take decades, its a 500MB database file, and my zoomtown upload speeds borderlines snailmail speeds it would take like 20 hours, and thats if it didnt timeout and fuckup everything in the progess..
3. the site would be down during the entire process, including if it did fuck up, etc.

[quote name='KoKaine7777' post='512403' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:13 PM']sorry guys..it was [b]PETA[/b] coming after me...can't even joke around with those guys! Sucks about your post counts,those that care about that kind of stuff.[/quote]

now that was funny...

i actually laughed

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='512470' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:10 AM']yeah I know but what I was getting at is if you modifiy the users table to lets say give BJ member #5 again, what other tables need to reflect that change as well, and of course he knows what his member # was, I dont know if thats the case for everyone. Thats what I mean by what stored procs and triggers might change the other tables as well. That would need to be investagated, and Im only a programmer, not a DBA by any streach.

Wonder where elFlocko has been, he's a DBA.[/quote]

You don't have a diagram of the data model? (I'm not entirely kidding) This level of support would typically come from the Invision PB folks. Most modern databases like this have constraints that normally wouldn't let you delete a user if there are posts associated with a record in the user table. In fact, if I were designing a message board from scratch, I wouldn't have the system actually delete any users, I would have it mark users with a delete flag (just a column in the users table). Are we truly gone from the users table?

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512482' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:37 AM']You don't have a diagram of the data model? (I'm not entirely kidding) This level of support would typically come from the Invision PB folks. Most modern databases like this have constraints that normally wouldn't let you delete a user if there are posts associated with a record in the user table. In fact, if I were designing a message board from scratch, I wouldn't have the system actually delete any users, I would have it mark users with a delete flag (just a column in the users table). Are we truly gone from the users table?[/quote]

I dont, Go might. Also if they were indeed deleted, are there any cascating deltes or updates that were effecting the other tables as well? Its pretty involved.

I have a pretty good running theory of how this happened and who really did it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='512483' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:43 AM']I dont, Go might. Also if they were indeed deleted, are there any cascating deltes or updates that were effecting the other tables as well? Its pretty involved.
I have a pretty good running theory of how this happened and who really did it.[/quote]

There are constraints and there are CASCADE ON DELETE constraints. What Invision used all hinges on the data model, and I'd bet a dollar that Invision PB might consider that intellectual property. Capitalism...what are you gonna do?

Was this perpetrated from the regular Invision Administrator webpage interface or directly in the database?

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='512487' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:50 AM']There are constraints and there are CASCADE ON DELETE constraints. What Invision used all hinges on the data model, and I'd bet a dollar that Invision PB might consider that intellectual property. Capitalism...what are you gonna do?

Was this perpetrated from the regular Invision Administrator webpage interface or directly in the database?[/quote]

Bingo, Invision isnt going to just give that info out.

And it was done from the web interface.

Im pretty sure my theory on who did it and how (and likely why) is probabally correct.

Anyway Im going to bed.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='512489' date='Jul 18 2007, 11:54 PM']Bingo, Invision isnt going to just give that info out.

And it was done from the web interface.
Im pretty sure my theory on who did it and how (and likely why) is probabally correct.

Anyway Im going to bed.[/quote]

I love a good mystery.

Archived