THE MOST ACCURATE AND REALISTIC COMMENTARY ABOUT MIKE VICK

ONYX

Bad news for the Fido Felon. Word is the rest of the defendants are going to enter a plea deal, and prosecutors are pressuring him to do the same or face additional charges. Heard on ESPN

here's the PFT article on it

[quote]POSTED 6:50 p.m. EDT, August 13, 2007

THE OOKIE STANDS ALONE

When Tony Taylor pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges, the development was met with a shrug of the shoulders by the remaining Mike Vick apologists out there, since Taylor had a falling out with Vick and his other alleged co-conspirators several years ago.

But now the other two co-defendants are cutting deals, too.

Purnell Peace has a plea hearing set for Thursday, August 16 at 9:00 a.m., and Quanis Phillips has a similar hearing set for Friday, August 17 at 9:00 a.m.

The online announcement of the hearings is right here.

This is an enormously significant development, in our view. Phillips has been a long-time friend of Vick's, and Phillips was listed as the contact person on Vick's now-defunct K-9 Kennels web site. Also, although Taylor was out of the picture by late 2004, Phillips and Peace were apparently involved in the dog-fighting operation until the point that it was uncovered in late April. Presumably, they both will admit to a direct role in the killing of dogs deemed unfit for fighting earlier that same month, and could point a finger at Vick on this point, too.

Though both guys surely had planned to stand firm with Vick, they've likely decided in the 27 days since being indicted that it's in their best interests to plead guilty to the pending conspiracy charges, which could help them avoid indictment on the underlying offenses of interstate gambling and interstate dog fighting, which carry maximum penalties of another 21 years in prison.

The question now for Vick, as we see it, is whether he should plead guilty as well to the conspiracy charges, or whether he should risk getting indicted -- and ultimately convicted -- on the stiffer charges.

If Vick pleads guilty, we suspect that he'll eventually try to say that he didn't do anything wrong, but that he didn't want to take a chance of going away for so long that he could never play football again.

But if Vick thinks that this strategy will allow him to serve some time and play football he's even dumber than he was on the day that he got mixed up with Taylor, Purnell, and Peace. If Vick pleads guilty to anything, he'll be done in the NFL, either as the result of a lifetime suspension or a concerted shunning by the 32 franchises.[/quote]

[quote name='sneaky' post='524052' date='Aug 9 2007, 09:05 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Another interesting part of this story that many are not aware of........

Just a few years ago, Nike came under fire for having sweatshops in Asia producing
their products. Many of these sweatshops employ children as young as 5 or 6 and
force them to work long hours for not even a dollar per day.

So now Nike, in response to public outrage, has pulled Michael Vick from their ads. The
company that exploits and abuses children, no longer wants to associate itself with the
athlete who exploits and abuses dogs.
Priceless.[/b][/color][/quote]
From what i remember, no one was FORCED to work there, unless it was by their parents. Also, wherever that happened, a dollar is worth a lot more than it is here.

Another thing, stop trying to act like torturing and slaughtering dogs for pure enjoyment isnt horrible. You compared it to in essence calling someone names or even just slapping someone. Its way worse than that. Take yourself off of that pedestal, humans are just animals the same as dogs are.

Vick should be in jail for 10 years for this, but he wont be, he will get a year at the most, and its bs. He should get a lifetime ban from the NFL, and if their suspension of him runs concurrent with his jail sentence i will personally stop watching the NFL.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='529665' date='Aug 18 2007, 04:01 PM']From what i remember, no one was FORCED to work there, unless it was by their parents. Also, wherever that happened, a dollar is worth a lot more than it is here.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]OK, so the children that worked there wanted to work there on their own. :rolleyes: It does not matter
who forced them, children under 10 working 16 hour days in poor and unsafe work conditions is the crime
here.[/b][/color]

[quote]Another thing, stop trying to act like torturing and slaughtering dogs for pure enjoyment isnt horrible. You compared it to in essence calling someone names or even just slapping someone. Its way worse than that. Take yourself off of that pedestal, humans are just animals the same as dogs are.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]When did I ever say that animal abuse is not a bad thing? I just believe that ultimately, humans are more
valuable than animals. How much sleep do you lose when you see a raccoon or deer laying along side the
road? Based on your logic, seeing a dead human body laying along side the road should effect you the same
way.

Label me what you want, I believe humans are better than animals. And I dont think its right if
a human decides to marry a animal. And I am willing to place a burning cross in front of dog houses
all across America to prove my point.

Human Power !!!!![/b][/color]

[quote]Vick should be in jail for 10 years for this, but he wont be, he will get a year at the most, and its bs. He should get a lifetime ban from the NFL, and if their suspension of him runs concurrent with his jail sentence [b]i will personally stop watching the NFL.[/b][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Yeah riiiiiiight. :rolleyes: [/b][/color]

Just because something is illegal here doesnt mean its illegal somewhere else. Im not defending these sweatshops but from what ive heard, where it happened it wasnt a crime.

Also, i guess i shouldnt have taken out the part of my post where i excluded human murder and human rape from this. Obviously human murder is worse than running an animal over when he runs in front of your car. I probly differ from you in that i am generally happy when i hear of an animal killing a hunter.

Archived