Visiting Paul Brown Stadium

hey all, I am a Ravens fan from Baltimore planning on coming to the monday night opener. i just want to know what to expect. As a ravens season ticket holder i expect to get the same reaction we give opposing team fans. Which for the most part is some heckling, trash talking etc (most opposing fans are treated pretty well in Baltimore imo). I am not a rowdy guy nor do i plan on drinking, i really just want to sit back and enjoy my favorite team in person. I can take heckling well so i wont get all insulted when you call Ray Lewis a murderer and the rest of the normal stuff people say about the ravens. So, What should i expect? Thanks all

[quote name='Ravens20' post='521015' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:27 AM']hey all, I am a Ravens fan from Baltimore planning on coming to the monday night opener. i just want to know what to expect. As a ravens season ticket holder i expect to get the same reaction we give opposing team fans. Which for the most part is some heckling, trash talking etc (most opposing fans are treated pretty well in Baltimore imo). I am not a rowdy guy nor do i plan on drinking, i really just want to sit back and enjoy my favorite team in person. I can take heckling well so i wont get all insulted when you call Ray Lewis a murderer and the rest of the normal stuff people say about the ravens. So, What should i expect? Thanks all[/quote]

That is probably about right.

I've found that most of the football hecklers are 100 times tougher sitting behind that keyboard of theirs. Get face to face and they treat you like a person should. Even these Pissburgh tough guys on the boards don't act like that to your face. If they did they'd get a well deserved ass kicking. And that goes for everyone regardless of which team you support.....including ours.
MULLY

[quote name='Ravens20' post='521015' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:27 AM']hey all, I am a Ravens fan from Baltimore planning on coming to the monday night opener. i just want to know what to expect. As a ravens season ticket holder i expect to get the same reaction we give opposing team fans. Which for the most part is some heckling, trash talking etc (most opposing fans are treated pretty well in Baltimore imo). I am not a rowdy guy nor do i plan on drinking, i really just want to sit back and enjoy my favorite team in person. I can take heckling well so i wont get all insulted when you call Ray Lewis a murderer and the rest of the normal stuff people say about the ravens. So, What should i expect? Thanks all[/quote]

I cant speak to what to expect at PBS as this will be my first time there as well. But I have been to M&T every year since Marvin took over and got heckeled every year but it really wasnt that bad, except two years ago one guy was saying my bro and I would need security but he was gone before we were. :lol:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='521027' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:56 AM']I've found that most of the football hecklers are 100 times tougher sitting behind that keyboard of theirs. Get face to face and they treat you like a person should. Even these Pissburgh tough guys on the boards don't act like that to your face. If they did they'd get a well deserved ass kicking. And that goes for everyone regardless of which team you support.....including ours.
MULLY[/quote]

i agree 100%, IMO there is nothing wrong with some old fashion heckling, i can dish and i can take, but the moment someone becomes personally offensive or physically threatening, you have crossed the line. Most of the fights i see at the stadium are caused by some drunk aggressive fan who cant have fun without becoming Mr. Tough Guy and in that case it serves them right to get beat down lol..

I went to the Bengals Falcons game at PBS last year and i almost saw a guy in a Mike Vick jersey get his ass kicked. But he did deserve it.

It all depends on who your sitting by i guess. Every crowd is going to have there drunks that will want to kick there ass and then there will be some people that aren't like that.

certainly depends where you sit. if the folks surrounding you spent more on beer than admission to the game, it will be rough, vice versa, and youll think your in your home stadium... buncha nancy girls i tell ya.

i like to travel to other stadiums, and like you expect(acctually enjoy) the hecklers. PBS is calm for the most part, you will run into a few drunk idiots that will take it beyond heckling. My advice to you is enjoy yourself, if some gives you shit just laugh at it and you will be fine.

p.s. ray lewis is a murderer.

Come down to Lot D beforehand. Drink all you want...and talk all the shit you want. Everyone is usually too drunk to hear anything anyway (except Whodey :lol: ).

I have never seen any problems with Ratfan in our crib...and other than a few striped asshats, our people leave them alone.

Can't say the same thing for the Stealers though.

You sound like you're smart enough to guage what hecklers you can interact with and talk a little shit back with and which drunken idiots might want to fight if you say the slightest thing about the Bengals. Cheering openly is natural and expected, but there were a couple videos floating around here with stealer idiots at opposing stadiums addressing their whole section, rubbing shit in when the stealers were winning. That's when opposing fans need their ass kicked. Apparently, you're not like that. Opposing fans always seem to get a couple seats right behind ours. I've never noticed any problems.

Over in my section (156, represent) there's a whole row that is own by a scalper. 90% of the time that row is fulled with opposing fans. I would say half of the time those fans are timid, but do cheer for their team, which is cool. Most Bengal fans are pretty cool about it and maybe rag on them every once in a while for fun. But every so often, you'll get one of those drunk opposing fans that starts trying to talk shit to other Bengal fans. That's when things start to escalate. PBS is half as bad as some of the other stadiums out there, but just be sure not to try to start anything cause you'll be grossly outnumbered.

There's a real nice area of town you need to visit after the game. Its called Over the Rhine. Its where all the fun bars and stuff are. You go through a run down area before you get to the nice part. Just keep walking north on Vine St until you get there. if you get lost, just tell the locals youre from out of town, and theyll help you Im sure.

[quote name='Beaker' post='527115' date='Aug 13 2007, 02:47 PM']There's a real nice area of town you need to visit after the game. Its called Over the Rhine. Its where all the fun bars and stuff are. You go through a run down area before you get to the nice part. Just keep walking north on Vine St until you get there. if you get lost, just tell the locals youre from out of town, and theyll help you Im sure.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Beaker' post='527115' date='Aug 13 2007, 02:47 PM']There's a real nice area of town you need to visit after the game. Its called Over the Rhine. Its where all the fun bars and stuff are. You go through a run down area before you get to the nice part. Just keep walking north on Vine St until you get there. if you get lost, just tell the locals youre from out of town, and theyll help you Im sure.[/quote]

LOL im not falling for that one, i've seen that trick. Some guys on a Ravens board reccommended that an Indy fan check out a "really nice bar" that turns out to be a gay strip club in downtown Baltimore last season lol.

[quote name='Ravens20' post='527517' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:11 PM']LOL im not falling for that one, i've seen that trick. Some guys on a Ravens board reccommended that an Indy fan check out a "really nice bar" that turns out to be a gay strip club in downtown Baltimore last season lol.[/quote]

well your team does wear purple :whistle:

If your wearing purple we will call you a FAG....FAG!
:gayfight2: :gayflag: :gayfight2:

[quote name='Ravens20' post='527517' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:11 PM']LOL im not falling for that one, i've seen that trick. Some guys on a Ravens board reccommended that an Indy fan check out a "really nice bar" that turns out to be a gay strip club in downtown Baltimore last season lol.[/quote]

Have you worked there long?

[quote name='Ravens20' post='527517' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:11 PM']LOL im not falling for that one, i've seen that trick. Some guys on a Ravens board reccommended that an Indy fan check out a "really nice bar" that turns out to be a gay strip club in downtown Baltimore last season lol.[/quote]

[b]if i was from outta of town i would rather go to a gay bar than end up in over the rhine!
it's where all the steeler fans hang out! it's a steeler neighborhood :whistle:[/b]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm from Baltimore. I've been to PBS twice in the last two years. The stadium is quiet. It is the library of stadiums. That is unless your QB gets taken out by KVO. Then any fan of the opposing team gets punched in the face.

My point, leave Carson alone and you won't get pummeled.

The reality is that we are not that far apart. No matter what our differences we have two grand similarities.

1. Full of Criminals
2. Hate the Stealers

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='521027' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:56 AM']I've found that most of the football hecklers are 100 times tougher sitting behind that keyboard of theirs. [b]Get face to face and they treat you like a person should[/b]. Even these Pissburgh tough guys on the boards don't act like that to your face. If they did they'd get a well deserved ass kicking. And that goes for everyone regardless of which team you support.....including ours.
MULLY[/quote]

Until they get a few beers in them.

But as a general rule in Cincinnati, don't be an asshole and you won't be treated like one. By most.

Archived