Will Cris Collinsworth Ever Make the NFL Hall of Fame?

[quote name='Jason' post='521967' date='Aug 6 2007, 03:20 AM']As an announcer? He has won several emmys. Do you think he will get in?[/quote]
Why not? He's been solid, for certain.

If the let him in, they better put a pic of his terrific catch against the 9ers from the SB. I have simulated that catch more than any other play I have ever seen. Perfect over the shoulder toss by Kenny Anderson -_-

Well, not to be a dick, but his numbers as a reciever certainly don't warrant it, even when stacked up against guys like Lynn Swann, who had similar numbers, but had that funny-looking circle thingy known as a Superbowl ring....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='521975' date='Aug 6 2007, 03:37 AM']Well, not to be a dick, but his numbers as a reciever certainly don't warrant it, even when stacked up against guys like Lynn Swann, who had similar numbers, but had that funny-looking circle thingy known as a Superbowl ring....[/quote]
Hey old man, the question was AS AN ANNOUNCER

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='521977' date='Aug 5 2007, 08:38 PM']Hey old man, the question was AS AN ANNOUNCER[/quote]
I know, but don't think for a second that his status as a former player doesn't influence that decision. And I think they should have a seperate Hall Of Fame for announcers versus players....or maybe an "Announcer" branch at the existing site, just so they are differentiated from the players....unless they did both, and if they did, their merits as a player outweigh their contributions as an announcer.
I think Cris is a fine NFL analyst/announcer, but that shouldn't make you eligible for the Hall unless you've been "The Voice Of Team X" for at least 20 years, like Marty Brenneman has....

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='521982' date='Aug 5 2007, 08:43 PM']looking over the hof website, I don't see anything about announcers making the hof :unsure:[/quote]
Good. Michael Irvin can't get in on that one....he'll have to do it as a player I guess...
<<please note the irony>>

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='521982' date='Aug 5 2007, 10:43 PM']looking over the hof website, I don't see anything about announcers making the hof :unsure:[/quote]
It seems as if the Pro Football HOF doesnt have sportscasters as HOF'ers..
what they do have is a special Pete Rozelle award for Radio and Television given to such
stalwarts as Ray Scott, Pat Summerall, Gifford, Enberg and the like for the many years of service.
Lesley Visser was the latest to receive it for her 34yrs of service to the sport...
The ASA ( American Sportscasters Association) based in D.C. has their HOF section.

Archived