To those who have Madden 08

[quote name='Madieu Superstar' post='530583' date='Aug 20 2007, 12:40 AM']anyone seen the new roster update?

still know brazell, hernandez jones, mcneal, ndukwe, toeunia, blue adams, henderson, coats

thurman gone, ghent gone, brooks gone

pollack still there

blizzard, day, santucci and frazier added

landon goes up three points to 83

pretty terrible roster update[/quote]

when was this? tonight? played this afernoon and wasnt notified of it...

[quote name='Madieu Superstar' post='530583' date='Aug 20 2007, 12:40 AM']anyone seen the new roster update?

still know brazell, hernandez jones, mcneal, ndukwe, toeunia, blue adams, henderson, coats

thurman gone, ghent gone, brooks gone

pollack still there

blizzard, day, santucci and frazier added

landon goes up three points to 83

pretty terrible roster update[/quote]
im not downloading it till brazell and ndukwe are on it

just got madden on pc... haven't played yet though... problem i have is that i don't have a pc controller... a few questions:

1.) can the game be played effectively without a controller?
2.) if not, anyone have any suggestions of some cost effective controllers to buy?
3.) i was at best buy and i had to literally walk away while still staring at the xbox controllers that you can play on pc... i put a bid on one in ebay but i have almost no chance of getting it, i'd say.... i'll have to get a cheap one i guess...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531253' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:43 PM']just got madden on pc... haven't played yet though... problem i have is that i don't have a pc controller... a few questions:

2.) if not, anyone have any suggestions of some cost effective controllers to buy?
3.) i was at best buy and i had to literally walk away while still staring at the xbox controllers that you can play on pc... i put a bid on one in ebay but i have almost no chance of getting it, i'd say.... i'll have to get a cheap one i guess...[/quote]

get a controller--I don't know what mine is called but it's blue and looks just like a Playstation 2 controller--it's awesome and isn't more than $20 I think

[quote name='Actium' post='531257' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:49 PM']get a controller--I don't know what mine is called but it's blue and looks just like a Playstation 2 controller--it's awesome and isn't more than $20 I think[/quote]

sweet... 20 dollars is in my price range.. i wanted that 60 dollar xbox controller though at best buy.... i hope i win my ebay bid :ninja:

thanks for the advice...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531260' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:53 PM']sweet... 20 dollars is in my price range.. i wanted that 60 dollar xbox controller though at best buy.... i hope i win my ebay bid :ninja:

thanks for the advice...[/quote]

found the name of it--logitech

[url="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=OEPUEWQ5FKVOTKC4D3KVAGY?skuId=5796463&type=product&id=1058188350409"]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1058188350409[/url]

me you and whodey319 and whomever else has the PC version should try to get a tourney going or something

[quote name='Actium' post='531261' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:56 PM']found the name of it--logitech

[url="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=OEPUEWQ5FKVOTKC4D3KVAGY?skuId=5796463&type=product&id=1058188350409"]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1058188350409[/url]

me you and whodey319 and whomever else has the PC version should try to get a tourney going or something[/quote]

as soon as i'm respectable... its on :)

[s]what consoles have you had btw? does the controller compare to the xbox or ps2 controllers at all? just making sure they are pretty good controllers before i shell out the money...[/s]

never mind my last comment... i just reread your first comment to me... sounds great if my magical ebay bid of 10 dollars for a 60 dollar item falls through :)

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531253' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:43 PM']just got madden on pc... haven't played yet though... problem i have is that i don't have a pc controller... a few questions:

3.) i was at best buy and i had to literally walk away while still staring at the xbox controllers that you can play on pc... i put a bid on one in ebay but i have almost no chance of getting it, i'd say.... i'll have to get a cheap one i guess...[/quote]
madcatz makes a bengals controller that is 360 and PC usable.

[quote name='whodey319' post='531372' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:36 PM']im up for a tourney and i use the logitech rumblepad 2 wireless[/quote]

sounds good--although I'm pretty bad when I can't use my fake superstar characters such as Victor Valhalla, the powerback who will run over every defender

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531253' date='Aug 21 2007, 06:43 PM']just got madden on pc... haven't played yet though... problem i have is that i don't have a pc controller... a few questions:

DO NOT buy a knock off controller. Go logitech, or save until you can. I've been through several of the shitty ones, but my current logitech both works better and has lasted MUCH longer. Well worth it...

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='534130' date='Aug 27 2007, 11:59 AM']DO NOT buy a knock off controller. Go logitech, or save until you can. I've been through several of the shitty ones, but my current logitech both works better and has lasted MUCH longer. Well worth it...[/quote]

thanks for the advice... actually i ordered the PC version of the xbox 360 controller and just waiting for the delivery in the mail... can't freakin wait to play madden on something other than the fucking keyboard... :mellow:

Anyone found the problems in Franchise yet? About teams running out of players about season 5 onwards so you can't continue.

Also is the draft still hilariously biased towards DEs?

And do the D players actually progress this year?

(360 or PS3, I don't mind).
VB

[quote name='bengalrick' post='535656' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:01 AM']thanks for the advice... actually i ordered the PC version of the xbox 360 controller and just waiting for the delivery in the mail... can't freakin wait to play madden on something other than the fucking keyboard... :mellow:[/quote]

I am AWFUL at the online game. I tried to play whodey319 but wires were crossed and I haven't played since I netted only 10 total yards on offense last time. <_<

[quote name='Actium' post='536433' date='Aug 29 2007, 02:54 PM']I am AWFUL at the online game. I tried to play whodey319 but wires were crossed and I haven't played since I netted only 10 total yards on offense last time. <_<[/quote]

sounds like we need to practice against each other... i am still waiting :mellow: for my controller, but we should play when i do get it... we're probably pretty evenly matched...

Archived