Preseason Game #2

Other than the overall performance of our 1st teamers, I'm going to start focusing in on the key position battles / roster spots:

DL: Fanene/Rucker/Jackson.........Allen/Toe
TE: Coats/Lawrie
RB: Wilson/Brown
DBS: Jones/Busing/Wright

Ahmad Brooks to make the stat sheet. Hopefully with more than some tackles.

Tab Perry, Bennie Brazell and Skyler Green start to show us fans, who is going to be the #3 WR.

The Pass Defense show us that last week was not the norm.

Shayne to kick a clutch FG, so the doubters will feel better . . .

I could go on and on. But those will do . . .

I just want to see the first stringers to look extra sharp....
I want them to march down field like it's a cake walk...

I want the defense to look sharp and not allow any explosive plays....

and for the love of God.......please, no injuries....!!!

is that asking too much? ;)

[quote name='oldschooler' post='528202' date='Aug 15 2007, 04:49 PM']Ahmad Brooks to make the stat sheet. Hopefully with more than some tackles.

Tab Perry, Bennie Brazell and Skyler Green start to show us fans, who is going to be the #3 WR.

The Pass Defense show us that last week was not the norm.

Shayne to kick a clutch FG, so the doubters will feel better . . .

I could go on and on. But those will do . . .[/quote]

Add no injuries to that and thats pretty much my list too.

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070814/SPT02/308140003/1066/SPT"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...140003/1066/SPT[/url]

[quote]"WAY DOWN

Marvin Lewis rarely talks in negative specifics about a player, but he seems to make an exception with cornerback Keiwan Ratliff. On Monday, Lewis said, “He started off by having a really strong camp, and it kind of leveled off a little bit. He needs to keep … getting things done productively on defense, and make sure he is in the right spots at all times.” Lewis also said the returns of Johnathan Joseph from injury and the development of Leon Hall would cut into Ratliff’s reps."[/quote]

I want to see the secondary positions won not given to the best of the worst

I want to see some hot New Orleans babe think she's back home and flash everyone...and it makes it past the TV guy with the censor button.

...but I'm selfish that way... ^_^

[size=1][...even with what you can find on the internet, there's just something special about that kind of sighting when it's totally unexpected...or maybe it's just me. :blush: ][/size]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='528218' date='Aug 15 2007, 05:02 PM']I didn`t want to jinx us.

I said that last week, and our 2nd round pick went down for the year . . . <_<[/quote]

Yeah, I hope no stealer gets hurt...preseason, regular season, or even just riding a motorcycle.

Ok - my opinions about pre-season football not withstanding, here are a couple things I'm going to be looking for as I sit in beautiful PBS Section 237 tomorrow night......

1) Will someone stand up and proclaim that he is the #3 receiver. Tab Perry, Benny Brazell, Glenn Holt - the ball is in your court. Who will take control of that position?

2) Scott Kooistra - With Big Willie very questionable can he step up and fill the void at least on the field. I will feel a lot better about September if I see good O-Line play tomorrow.

3) Secondary - The Saints will pose a challenge with their passing game. Let's see if the secondary, with Leon Hall hopefully seeing significant reps, can step up to the challenge.

4) Skyler Green - With a good showing you will make this team. Go out and earn a job.

What will you be watching for???

[quote name='bingo1759' post='529469' date='Aug 17 2007, 11:15 PM']The offense getting the ball in the endzone!!!!!!

The back up running backs showing something after Rudi leaves the game.[/quote]

is Rudi even playing?

I know some of us toyed with the idea last week, but I would not be surprise to see Skylar Green and Reggie McNeal getting some carries just because of lack of depth at the RB position.

QB - Doug Johnson to be more consistent (he was terrible at the start last week), and Jeff Rowe to build on last week.

RB - Wilson and Brown with a lot of carries (and I want to see the NO depth guys, too, since they run 4-deep there), seeing how they catch and if they can show the ability to get outside

WR - Bennie, Tab, Skyler, McNeal -- and Chatman if healthy -- who shows up? Chatman doesn't have many more opportunities, and I think McNeal is starting to show his athletic ability

TE - Coats catch a pass, and see how Lawrie progresses (he looks like he can catch)

OL - Kooistra vs. Grant, and the backups, esp. Santucci and Step

DL - Rucker showing up, continuing development of Fanene and Toeaina. See if Xzavie Jackson plays well again.

LB - More Hartwell, Frazier building on last week's effort, Everett showing something

DB - Keiwan playing better, more Duke Nukem and Marvin White, see how J-Joe looks, Busing and Indiana battle at safety

ST - Shayne continuing to improve, coverage units -- what young 'uns show up?

Archived