Defensive Line

I wanted to get your thoughts on who makes the final roster on the Dline. I would like to see them keep 10 guys

DE- Geathers, Smith, Robinson, Fanenee, Rucker
DT- Thorton, Peko, Myers, Allen, and Toenia.

We probably would dress 8-9 of them on Sundays but I think these guys give us a very solid rotation.

[quote name='brian55662' post='531224' date='Aug 21 2007, 12:42 PM']I wanted to get your thoughts on who makes the final roster on the Dline. I would like to see them keep 10 guys

DE- Geathers, Smith, Robinson, Fanenee, Rucker
DT- Thorton, Peko, Myers, Allen, and [s][b][color="#4169E1"]Toenia[/color][/b][/s].
We probably would dress 8-9 of them on Sundays but I think these guys give us a very solid rotation.[/quote]

Big Toe = PS

[quote name='Jason' post='531340' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:58 PM']Do we cut someone who is a better player right now so we can keep a young player with potential?[/quote]

My only thing is the other two DTs we signed are both 1 year contract guys, and if we didnt resign them, and Toe is taken we'd be looking for 2 DTs again in the offseason.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='531349' date='Aug 21 2007, 04:04 PM']My only thing is the other two DTs we signed are both 1 year contract guys, and if we didnt resign them, and Toe is taken we'd be looking for 2 DTs again in the offseason.[/quote]

I can understand that. But, again, do you cut a better player right now to keep someone with "potential"?

If Marvin and Chuck decide Big Toe is one of the best players, keep him on the roster. But, particularly at DT, which is not our best position, keep the best players you have. If that means you risk losing someone with potential by putting him on the PS, so be it. Especially after the years we spent waiting for Askew to blossom.

[quote name='Jason' post='531361' date='Aug 21 2007, 04:19 PM']I can understand that. But, again, do you cut a better player right now to keep someone with "potential"?

If Marvin and Chuck decide Big Toe is one of the best players, keep him on the roster. But, particularly at DT, which is not our best position, keep the best players you have. If that means you risk losing someone with potential by putting him on the PS, so be it. Especially after the years we spent waiting for Askew to blossom.[/quote]
I see what your saying but I dont think the Toe is in the same catagory as Askew in being a lazy ass that could care less if he played or not...
I see this guy personifies intensity.. Now whether he has the actual skills to go with that I have no idea at this point...
Id like to see more of Kendrick Allen.... I think its between Toe and Allen for that run stuffing tackle the team so desperately needs...

[quote name='Jason' post='531361' date='Aug 21 2007, 04:19 PM']I can understand that. But, again, do you cut a better player right now to keep someone with "potential"?

If Marvin and Chuck decide Big Toe is one of the best players, keep him on the roster. But, particularly at DT, which is not our best position, keep the best players you have. If that means you risk losing someone with potential by putting him on the PS, so be it. Especially after the years we spent waiting for Askew to blossom.[/quote]

hence why I think we let Robinson go in favor of 5 DT's. In the off chance that Rucker and/or Fanene get hurt again, we can always re-sign Robinson. I don't think teams will be knocking down his door. Toeiana on the other hand may get snatched up quick.

I just think its safe to cut Robinson consider Thornton and Toeiana can both play DE.

Im hoping we can find a way to keep all 5 of them.

[quote name='mongo' post='531448' date='Aug 21 2007, 06:46 PM']how many linemen did we keep last year?[/quote]

From Bengals.com

Just for a warmup, here has been the standard under Lewis: 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 1 FB, 6 WRS, 2 TES, 10 OL for 25 offensive players; 8 DL, 7 LBs, 10 DBs for 25 defensive players and a long snapper, punter and kicker for a total of 53.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='531469' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:53 PM']Toeaina has played pretty good...I think he sticks, Brob gets shown the door and Xzavie goes to the PS, leaving: Smith, Rucker, Fanene, Thornton, geathers, Myers, Peko, Allen and.... [b][color="#FF0000"]Toeaina[/color][/b][/quote]

Archived