Appalachian State -vs- Michigan

[quote name='sneaky' post='539391' date='Sep 3 2007, 07:54 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]You are kidding....right? :huh:

If and when Lloyd Carr gets the axe, Michigan will be going after much bigger names than Brian Kelly.[/b][/color][/quote]
im not kidding at all. brian kelly is on a lot of teams radars. michigan has expressed interest in him from what ive heard. it was even mentioned in a couple articles this past year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='539453' date='Sep 3 2007, 11:33 AM']im not kidding at all. brian kelly is on a lot of teams radars. michigan has expressed interest in him from what ive heard. it was even mentioned in a couple articles this past year.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I gotta call "bullshit" on that. If Alabama went out and plucked Nick Saban, you know the powers that be at Michigan
will be wanting to go after the biggest and best names availiable.

Brian Kelly ?

Bullshit.[/b][/color]

[quote name='JC' post='539194' date='Sep 2 2007, 06:13 PM']Wasn't App St #1 in 1-AA? Obviously they were pretty good since they have a 15 game winning streak and have won the past two 1-AA Championships. I imagine they could beat a few more good teams then michigan. It was a huge upset...but im sure somewhere down the line a worse team beat a better one.
Sorry i didnt!11 Maybe i'll try to catch up on my stuff and be more like you! And sure they were highly considered to go to a NC but what games had they watched to base that on? I hope it wasn't the last two games from last year.[/quote]
It doesn't matter how good the 1-aa team is. It's like a college team beating a NFL team. No matter how god USC is, they should never beat even, say, Oakland or the Clowns. It just should never happen.

[quote name='Actium' post='539465' date='Sep 3 2007, 11:53 AM']It doesn't matter how good the 1-aa team is. It's like a college team beating a NFL team. No matter how god USC is, they should never beat even, say, Oakland or the Clowns. It just should never happen.[/quote]
So your telling me the champ of 1-aa goes up against a Duke football team or someone as bad they shouldn't win?

Your insane..some football teams just aren't that good. App state could beat plenty of 1-a teams. Especially if they could beat Michigan.

[quote name='JC' post='539493' date='Sep 3 2007, 12:02 PM']So your telling me the champ of 1-aa goes up against a Duke football team or someone as bad they shouldn't win?

Your insane..some football teams just aren't that good. App state could beat plenty of 1-a teams. Especially if they could beat Michigan.[/quote]

I may be insane...syphilis does that to a person...but I don't understand why you want to cushion this loss for Meechagain. Are you a fan of theirs?

[quote name='Actium' post='539500' date='Sep 3 2007, 01:09 PM']I may be insane...syphilis does that to a person...but I don't understand why you want to cushion this loss for Meechagain. Are you a fan of theirs?[/quote]

He must be, since he's trying to make it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal. Michigan is done. They could win the rest of their games by 30 points each, and the BCS won't forget the App State game. Henne or Harte comes up for Heisman, sorry, you couldn't beat App state.

i could give a fuck about michigan. I don't even like college football that much. Ill root for Georgia cause of Davey and ill watch osu for saine and laurenitis but thats about that. I just don't think it was that huge. pissburgh lost to oakland last year and it was just another notch in the L column. I know thats not how it goes in college but whose to say michigan was going to be a national championship team this year anyways. Lloyd couldn't beat OSU to save his life.

[quote name='Actium' post='539500' date='Sep 3 2007, 01:09 PM'][b]I may be insane...syphilis does that to a person...[/b]but I don't understand why you want to cushion this loss for Meechagain. Are you a fan of theirs?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Your rapist wit kills me.[/b][/color]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='sneaky' post='539531' date='Sep 3 2007, 12:38 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Your rapist wit kills me.[/b][/color]

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I try...I rarely succeed at anything, but I try.

I enjoy your posts too. I just wanted to return the compliment and make everything all weird. :D

Two days later, and it's still among the leading stories on talk radio......

My father is still talking shit to Michigan alumni at work (yeah we have a few in VA).

Michigan is DONE.....Lloyd Carr is DONE......The whole persona of the Big House is DONE........

This make me feel so much better about AVerett's football team that got ass spanked 75-3 on Saturday, their opponents set a record by scoring 55 points in the first half.....just sucks that they are the closest college team to Danville (Averett is a college in Danville BTW, and it sucks, it's not even minor leage, I think it's Division 3 or some small conference shit)

This is why whomever decided to schedule the top 1AA school ought to be fired. It was a no win situation for Michigan - in BCS terms a win gains them nothing. A loss, very obviously, is embarrassing and will be in the minds of voters that create 2/3rds of the BCS formula.

Whatever jackass at Michigan that elected to do that ought to be shot. There was no sense in it at all. Either go bottom 1A or don't go. But it was a lose-lose situation for them. Don't understand the thinking behind scheduling that game.

At least OSU had the excuse of political pressure to schedule in-state schools so they did the Youngstown State thing, but there just isn't any sense in that game.

BTW, I love seeing the underdog (huge) put a whippin on the favorite, especially when it is a team from the Big 10... ;)

[quote name='Jason' post='538843' date='Sep 2 2007, 09:15 AM']So, how far does Meatchicken fall after this loss?

I'll say 14th in the next poll.[/quote]

Meatchicken fell completely out of both polls. OSU also slipped a spot in each poll despite winning by 32 points.

As Vol_Bengal said, playing I-AA teams does not help you win or lose.

Please OSU, don't schedule anymore of them.

[quote name='Jason' post='540102' date='Sep 4 2007, 03:56 PM']Meatchicken fell completely out of both polls. OSU also slipped a spot in each poll despite winning by 32 points.

As Vol_Bengal said, playing I-AA teams does not help you win or lose.

Please OSU, don't schedule anymore of them.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Ohio State rarley has I-AA teams on their schedule.......as a matter of fact, I cannot recall them playing
any I-AA schools the past 10 to 15 years.

The Youngstown State game was just Jim Tressell hooking up his old school with a big pay day for
coming to play at Columbus.......also keep in mind that he won 4 national championships at Youngstown
State, he is their Vince Lombardi......he was not going to run the score up and embarrass them.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='540112' date='Sep 4 2007, 04:13 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Ohio State rarley has I-AA teams on their schedule.......as a matter of fact, I cannot recall them playing
any I-AA schools the past 10 to 15 years.

The Youngstown State game was just Jim Tressell hooking up his old school with a big pay day for
coming to play at Columbus.......also keep in mind that he won 4 national championships at Youngstown
State, he is their Vince Lombardi......he was not going to run the score up and embarrass them.[/b][/color][/quote]
Exactly. OSU haters all freaked out because they scheduled a I-AA school without even knowing the history with YSU and Tressell.

[quote name='sneaky' post='538526' date='Sep 1 2007, 06:09 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Awwwwww...you are a Michigan fan?

If so it's a shame that I can no longer like you. -_- [/b][/color][/quote]

Of course I don't like Michigan! That would be retarded. I only root for them when they are playing ohio state or notre dame.

Actually, when they play ohio state or notre dame, I root for a terrorist to blow up the stadium and kill all.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='540178' date='Sep 4 2007, 06:51 PM']Of course I don't like Michigan! That would be retarded. I only root for them when they are playing ohio state or notre dame.

Actually, when they play ohio state or notre dame, I root for a terrorist to blow up the stadium and kill all.[/quote]

I think thats stupid. You just root for them so you can be a dick to all the OSU fans around here if the buckeyes lose? If so, get a life, thats no reason to root for a team.

[quote name='Actium' post='539500' date='Sep 3 2007, 01:09 PM']I may be insane...syphilis does that to a person...but I don't understand why you want to cushion this loss for Meechagain. Are you a fan of theirs?[/quote]

With the speed App State has, I don't doubt that they could beat many a D1 team. They are considered to be the best team in North Carolina, and quite a few coaches have said that App State could beat half the teams in D1. Apparently they've dominated the likes of Wake Forest and the lower ACC teams over the last decade.

And I'm a Buckeye Fan (who still thinks its hilarious that they lost!) :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived